Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p. Warframe

PaleMinerva

Quick reminder: ComMods are players. "We" decide nothing. We can only attempt to gather what the players say and push it to upper echelons faster. No guarantee on being heard. We're just trying to accumulate the communities opinions on things, as tasked by the boss lady.

We're constantly hunting four more datamasses, gentletenno. And extraction never comes. D:

No one's hating on you.

Keep up the good work!

Don't remind me of 8 datamass missions though, please. :c

Quick reminder: ComMods are players. "We" decide nothing. We can only attempt to gather what the players say and push it to upper echelons faster. No guarantee on being heard. We're just trying to accumulate the communities opinions on things, as tasked by the boss lady.

We're constantly hunting four more datamasses, gentletenno. And extraction never comes. D:

Then on behalf of all the vet players here, please send this up the chain of command.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!"

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Grodgen

prices at shop are not the thing you should worry about.

rhino iron skin nerf indicate the focus on balancing pvp.

^ this should make you worried

Wrong.

Rhino's Iron Skin was in the same place as Nyx's Chaos. It was the click to win button when it was intended to be the panic button that you use when you are either swarmed or need to revive a fallen ally.

Rhino's skills do need to be adjusted though, I mean, he is supposed to be the beefiest Warframe. :l

Thank you for submitting a ticket with us - we will get it solved as quickly as we can.

Warframe has become a dream project for us, and our playerbase is growing every day. "

Was my dream too and u made it a nightmare thank u very much.

Actually not correct for everything.

Snipertron BP = 20,000.

Craft = 20,000

Earlier it was 50k to buy right ?

Well okay yes for 50k weapons,but you have to add 12 hours wait and farm mats.

But most others were cheaper,lex was 35,and such.

Also mats required for one weapon are way to much,heck you could make most alert weapons cheaper than this tier 1 weapons.

What's wrong with the weapon price changes?

actually the bps costs and credit increases aren't too terrible.  Credits have inflated and where 10k became a farm intself, it has become a day at the beach.  The plat costs worry me because it can hurt the paying playerbase in the future.

It still is a problem for new players. Not everyone has the time and patience to farm credits and mats just to TRY a weapon they may or may not like.

For example, I remember early on when I started playing Warframe, I thought I'd like Burston so I got it as my first weapon. After leveling it to level 10 I realized that I didn't like it at all and sold it regaining some of the credits I spent to get it. Think about how a new player would feel if something like that happened to them now and they wouldn't regain any of the mats and just a miniscule amount of credits spent.

The need to research your purchases has increased, which I approve of. The game is going to have a very limited number of guns, so time to acquire them HAS to remain long. No way around that that I am seeing.

If your issue is that you may not like a gun, then ask devs for a way to trial weapons.

I "like"how DE balances this game.

To quote you :"1/2 of his abilities are almost never taken" because Iron Skin. How do we balance it? Nerf it, so now is it more in line with his other abilities (read as now his all abilities are equally useless)

No, the nerf was over the top, A small nerf to the duration or increase to the energy would have been fine.

Gentletenno,

I understand your anger. I do. I for one am rank 9, with all mods and a all those bells and whistles. But I will reset soon, and then I'll be back at zero, and I see those prices coming towards me just the same. I am not going to buy these things with Plat, I'll spend that on slots, skins, colours, etc. pp. - the plat-gated convenience items. That's just to explain where I am coming from.

I'll try and talk to the upper echelons about the alloy (which is the worst offender, really) and other aspects. I already heard that stagger/knockdown on Rhino is going to be looked at, that Iron Skin doesn't properly work with Focus and other things that sparked a lot of displeasure - including Banshee's glass cannon state. I have no influence on where this is going, and I cannot promise anything, only that we'll try to filter your feedback and provide it.

For now, let's not get carried away. Keep calm and Tenno on. :)

PS: Because I saw it pop up here and there, this has nothing to do with G1. G1 is nothing but a distribution platform, just like Steam. No directive or managing access has been given to either Valve or Gamers First - or any other company. DE is holding all the reigns in their hands. Which is why we will sit out the storm, formulate feedback and present it, through proper channels and means.

From a new user's stand point (especially after playing for barely over a week) the marketplace changes really hurt the casual player. The total overall cost for the few weapons you can still purchase with credits is rather absurd (Strum being 75000 was one that really caught me off guard). The lack of an auto pistol being purchasable is also unfortunate because now I need to farm the items then wait. The total farming would probable take a couple days then if I do manage to get everything (with quite a high alloy cost) I still have to wait for the build time which would probably make me stop playing for that night/ game session and play another game. 

In short this game would become a play once a week and comeback to check on alerts occasionally with the current weapons marketplace.

Edit: With the addition of a weapon/warframe testing area I could see some of the grind being worth it again.

Edited by Roach130

Gentletenno,

I understand your anger. I do. I for one am rank 9, with all mods and a all those bells and whistles. But I will reset soon, and then I'll be back at zero, and I see those prices coming towards me just the same. I am not going to buy these things with Plat, I'll spend that on slots, skins, colours, etc. pp. - the plat-gated convenience items. That's just to explain where I am coming from.

I'll try and talk to the upper echelons about the alloy (which is the worst offender, really) and other aspects. I already heard that stagger/knockdown on Rhino is going to be looked at, that Iron Skin doesn't properly work with Focus and other things that sparked a lot of displeasure - including Banshee's glass cannon state. I have no influence on where this is going, and I cannot promise anything, only that we'll try to filter your feedback and provide it.

For now, let's not get carried away. Keep calm and Tenno on. :)

PS: Because I saw it pop up here and there, this has nothing to do with G1. G1 is nothing but a distribution platform, just like Steam. No directive or managing access has been given to either Valve or Gamers First - or any other company. DE is holding all the reigns in their hands. Which is why we will sit out the storm, formulate feedback and present it, through proper channels and means.

At least the CMs for this game respect the players. So sick of Devs changing things "for the better" and ignoring player feedback. We're the ones playing it, it should matter alot. So thanks for that, that really means alot to me as player.

Edited by Grodgen

Edit: With the addition of a weapon/warframe testing area I could see some of the grind being worth it again.

This is definitely an idea that needs to be put in as soon as it's feasible for them to do so, perhaps similar to Planetside 2 where they let you try a weapon for a set amount of time before it goes away. That way you can get a basic impression of the weapon (still wouldn't have mods, but it'd be much better than nothing).

I've said it in other places, and I still think it's true that moving earlier stuff into blueprint/foundry is a good idea, but requiring massive amounts of alloy plate for everything is just silly. Yes it can be farmed, and no it's not terrifically hard to farm, but what it does is tell new players to farm a planet for a bunch of mats to get what you want rather than exploring the solar system. To me this seems like an &#! backwards way to approach it, I cannot imagine new players actually getting through the whole solar system worth of unlocks with this being how things are. Lower the alloy plate costs significantly (or remove entirely from some weapons) and perhaps raise some of the others... balance out the materials costs across the materials people actually acquire in the first 3-4 planets. At the very least don't make people feel like they need to farm the same place over and over to get anything. Farming itself isn't *too* bad to me, but forcing people (especially new people) to farm the same place over and over and over is just asking them to get discouraged.

Why should a NEW player spend 5-6 hours trying to get a new weapon AND have to wait 12 hours for it to finish building? Saying "Don't like it? buy plat." is not good reasoning, or a solution. I would never expect a new play to plop down some cash to get some new weapons.

If in that 5 to 6 hours that player has learnt most of the ropes of the games, there is no need for a weapon change. Those that would beg for a weapon change are those who don't try to learn the ropes of the game but just want a feel of power and to jump in to be the hero.

No one wants to suffer to be stronger, just to be spolit even longer. This is something that happens in world of tanks, players with 2000 battles, less than a month of gameplay time and they are having end-game tanks, yet they all just fumble around uselessly in battle not knowning what to do in battles or how to react in combat against other players.

That is the problem with learning, no one wants to do it, but if you don't do it, you are never ever going to be a decent player at most. Not to mention that everyone plays for fun, i mean if they did then spending a bit of money would be their dose of fun, like how they spend money on titles like cod for just a few hours worth of campaign(which is even more pathetic).

I guess the devs want to really reward players who are able to commit their time and effort to this game. They obviously haven't perfected it, but that is the path they are going. To reward the veterans, punish those who play for fun or just give those players a trial of the game by forcing them to stick to the stock loadout. So many people say they play for fun but that isn't funny anymore and neither are games meant to be fun. If they are all meant to be fun, there would be nothing fun since they would be almost the same. Rather they try to be engaging in their own ways.

If in that 5 to 6 hours that player has learnt most of the ropes of the games, there is no need for a weapon change. Those that would beg for a weapon change are those who don't try to learn the ropes of the game but just want a feel of power and to jump in to be the hero.

Right because, the mk1 braton is just as good as everything else. (although they would probably have the braton by now or something like it)

No one wants to suffer to be stronger, just to be spolit even longer. This is something that happens in world of tanks, players with 2000 battles, less than a month of gameplay time and they are having end-game tanks, yet they all just fumble around uselessly in battle not knowning what to do in battles or how to react in combat against other players. Eh never really played world of tanks much so no comment here. There will always be people who more or less buy their way to end game stuff.

That is the problem with learning, no one wants to do it, but if you don't do it, you are never ever going to be a decent player at most. Not to mention that everyone plays for fun, i mean if they did then spending a bit of money would be their dose of fun, like how they spend money on titles like cod for just a few hours worth of campaign(which is even more pathetic). true

I guess the devs want to really reward players who are able to commit their time and effort to this game. They obviously haven't perfected it, but that is the path they are going. To reward the veterans, punish those who play for fun or just give those players a trial of the game by forcing them to stick to the stock loadout. So many people say they play for fun but that isn't funny anymore and neither are games meant to be fun. If they are all meant to be fun, there would be nothing fun since they would be almost the same. Rather they try to be engaging in their own ways. "neither are games meant to be fun." Errr something is wrong here... Games ARE meant to be fun, otherwise people wouldn't play them.

my stuff in bold obv

That's a turn off to new players, which every game needs to stay afloat. If you have to farm for a few hours to just get an average weapon, something is wrong imo, I never felt there was anything wrong with having the burston available for just credits, it gave us more playstyle options (burst vs full auto) I can understand the gorgon changing to BP, it's an endgame weapon, fair enough. but the skana? or furis? or all sorts of other "low teir" weapons? they should have to farm for all but 8-9 weapons out of like 53? Isn't that a little unreasonable?

So uh...

I've played many games before—especially recently—and there are always two groups: One that says "It's doomed, we're doomed" and the other that says "Don't worry, [insert company name] is doing us well. They will fix it because they're a good company"

It's... unfortunate which group is usually correct.

Group 1

At least the CMs for this game respect the players. So sick of Devs changing things "for the better" and ignoring player feedback. We're the ones playing it, it should matter alot. So thanks for that, that really means alot to me as player.

Funny, the player base actually gave the feedback that nerfed Rhino. All those "Rhino's Iron Skin is OP" threads and "Look at all the things I can do as Rhino without getting hurt" boasts and etc. So before you point accusations at DE - go take a look at what you yourself and your colleagues may have said about Rhino the past few months.

Here's my input towards this.

I don't have any sound stats to support this but from over viewing look this is how it stands. F2P games which have small cheap transactions tend to draw in more money than those with big purchases. Take a look at the platinum prices at the store and you will see that a lot of items require to put in $10 or more. A lot of the most value platinum packs require $20+ or best yet $50. Issue with this is that people think if they pay that amount of money they would be better off buying another game at full price which can equates to same amount of money and in that game they can have access to everything without worrying about exclusive $ items and whatnot. There are exceptions obviously but for the most part it's how it is.

Say now you make a lot of items be cheap 50c- $2.5. Most people would be think that is almost insignificant in amount and get an item that they feel is beneficial to them. I mean most people spend $10 per meal. Usually a quarter of that won't even cause a debate in their mind, but once you start to put a price where the value equates to something necessary or notable in their daily lives they will debate if they should invest or not, regardless if it's only $10.

I've seen this behavior a lot with almost every F2P game I came across. I remember when TF2 become F2P and and insane amount of people bought starter packs that were anywhere from 50c - $2.5, all of these people didn't care about the TF2 economy, or had any idea how vast and complex the trading is in that game, they saw that could improve their play style for pocket change and didn't honestly care. This is how you hook people to pay money. You have them start a little bit, this makes them play more and makes them feel they had great value for small change they spent. The whole goal is to have people play the game longer (and have fun obviously). If people enjoy and constantly see bits and bobs that are really cheap they will spend for that, instead of looking at one item they might want and see it equates to $20. That is a lot to think for most people for ONE virtual item that isn't cosmetic. Cosmetics are irrelevant because they don't change how the game plays, and DE can make any price up for them without too much issue. Thing is, if people constantly drop few cents here, a dollar here or there, this will add up significantly as opposed to make them pay for one item with a large amount. Now this game is in beta and it still need more items for this to work effectively but as it stands most platinum prices are way too high to even consider unless you bought the master or above (or equivalent of it), at which point you paid more for it than you would a normal game.

From my money spending (which is obviously anecdotal, but it's a perspective), I probably spent around $300 or more on TF2 items, 99% of that was gambling with keys (which unlike gambling with mods here has a chance of a HUGE payoff). Also to be fair I probably own $1000 worth of items in TF2, regardless I didn't view it as such when I was spending for keys, and most people who buy a key here or there don't either. For perspective one key is $2.5. It's not only used for gambling but it's also regarded as currency in trading.

For this game I spent $80. First 30 on slots and potatoes, colors etc. I gave $50 for Hunter pack because I enjoyed the game immensely and wanted to support the DE with what I could afford to give, and having Excalibur Prime doesn't hurt. There are far less people like me, who respect the work that it requires to make the game. Most people could give a damn about Quaternion issues, vector math, graphics pipeline, linear interpretation, animation issues etc, etc. This stuff is hard, because I work with it and if I enjoy a game I will absolutely try to support the developer for their effort. Large majority of people don't know and don't care so they won't be enticed to give a decent amount of money at once. However most people who see cheap stuff put up, would say "meh it's not even a dollar, why not". Those would be the people would would normally put no money in the game.

Platinum prices I feel are more of a problem than the credit issue. Frankly, for people saying that it's too hard to get some of these items now are too spoiled. You should work a bit for your progress, not get it in 10 minutes. Still you can get a Braton in less than an hour, a gun that I use regularly even now and I'm close to rank 8. (a side note, I do not agree the way Vauban crafting was implemented, but that would be an entire new post)

Saying game isn't intuitive enough for one to acquire some items is a fair point. That can be remedied in two ways. One you ask people (there is chat in the game), or if it's a serious issue DE can implement something in the game which helps you. I honestly don't see all the fuss about alloy plate and Rubedo. I made every frame except Loki (and Vauban obviously), I even made Paris ages ago when it cost 1200 rubedo (I made a great deal of alternative helmets and large majority of weapons). I had to sit down for 30m-1h to get some back to make another item. That isn't that difficult. So many games out there make you grind for weeks to get one thing that may be of less use than an item you grind here for maybe 2 hours for. Also now with dojo resource sharing around corner I see this being of absolutely no issue. I have a friend sitting at 4k alloy plate and 6k rubedo. You can ask your clan mates for some resources and your grinding will be even less insignificant. Credits are a joke also to some people. I constantly sit at about 800k-1M. I'll be donating 500k to my clan when that goes up, along with thousands of other resources for any new people that join and need some help.

Any case that's my small input, probably few issues I can't mind at the moment, but I feel this sums it up well enough.

Edited by mmSNAKE

Many things are vying for the top spot of "NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED". This is one of them. The most compelling arguments towards this change have been how damaging it could be for new players.

Notes on notes on notes here, prepping for review by the team.