Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exterminate, Not Enough Enemies

mkah_mvet

Doing a solo T4 exterminate, and it's not spawning the final enemy, stuck at 160/161. I suspect one of a couple possible things...

1) I'm running Nyx, and I believe at one point I mind controlled an enemy and then ran away. I could have gotten too far ahead of it and it despawned without counting towards the final count.

2) I got an cephalon eximus squad that I died to (I also happened to have a non-eximus mind controlled minion out at the time, but I don't think that was relevant.) When I was knocked down, I found one of the eximus osprey right on top of my position seems to have not despawned properly. A model still floats and shooting it has the glowy bullet hole effect, but it is non collidable, has no health bar, and aoe doesn't affect it.

3) I also had in my Vor encounter, the AI didn't quite seem to realize I was there, making him a super easy kill. I assumed at the time he just got stuck on some geometry, but since it was an abnormality I feel I should list it here.

I still have the mission open at this time, and I really don't want to abort because I got some loot I've been waiting months to find, not to mention the revives, but unless I can figure out a workaround I may be SOL.

Edited by mkah_mvet

If the AI didn't seem to realize you were there, it sounds like some pretty bad lag not properly initiating it. Meaning, it might take an equal amount of time before the last enemy respawns in the area to kill.

solo game. No lag. And I ran back to the beginning of the level and to the end at least twice trying to get a spawn to trigger, plus wrote that post. Confident it's not a matter of timing. I'm convinced it was that eximus not despawning, since that was the most obvious anomaly, besides the mission not being completable.

• 1 month later...

A little bit of a bump since it's been a while, but I just had it again. This time in an invasion mission against Corpus. Another Cephalon eximus squad, another of their floaty guys doesn't despawn. Using mirage, and 4'd them. I am not sure if it died and didn't despawn of if it was ever even active. Still 2nd instance of this bug for me, even with limited playtime available. Pretty sure I haven't had any Cephalon encounters since the first, at least none that I didn't just evade.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it again on a T2 exterminate. This time the target that wouldn't despawn was a normal ancient healer. Same thing with no health bar. I didn't even notice him the first time through, found him while back tracking. I was getting some weird waypoints throughout the level, makes me wonder if he fell off the map and respawned badly, or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this would be the one that I've currently got going on. Exterminate mission, invasion... And there's an infested osprey stuck under a section of catwalk in this grineer level. I've got a good three or four allied grineer shooting at it, my Kubrow running back and forth on top of the catwalk it's stuck under, and me shooting at it, and there's nothing at all happening.

Curiously, when I was initially in this room, the enemy marker from exterminate missions indicated exactly where it was, however... there was nothing there. I deeply, deeply hoped that I wouldn't have to abort the mission, so I just went ahead and finished, only to get stuck at 145/146.

It can't be lag, this is a solo mission and my computer is way past good enough to handle Warframe.

There's another topic on here showing an invulnerable and stationary enemy, but this one doesn't just seem to be stationary. It looks completely frozen in place, like a still model instead of an active enemy. Bullets aren't even touching it. Grineer grenades are having no effect at all, as well. It's just hanging there like an ornament.

Just got the suggestion to try /unstuck from my roommate. I think that's only for players, but...

I was right, it's for players, it failed. In any case... I'll be submitting logs, and I've take a few pictures I'll reply with in a bit. But for now, this is what's happening.

I've had the same issue even in the Silmulcram, where a Bombard with no level, health bar, nothing, was able to be targeted with Teleport and finished, showing damage numbers and death animation.

Although, you did say you were in the Void, and I'm about to kill someone if I get another Corrupted Butcher chilling in a closet in an Exterminate.