Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Distributed By Gamersfirst = Bad Move, De

corpseshock

Hey DE,

I just found out that your game is promoted on gamersfirst now. Dont you guys check who you are working with ? This company keeps screwing up games they manage as a main job. And they will try to get Warframe in their fingers, whatever it costs. This will damage your reputation as well, DE.

Just some small examples:

Fallen Earth

I played it one and a half year or so, even subbed because a mate and me founded a clan which happens to be the largest and most active enforcer clan now. I even check in once in a while but playing it doesnt make much sense to me anymore because they shut off the european servers and i have horrendous lag. This game is ruined by hackers and aimbotters now. Nobody trusts noone and the only thing that is constantly updated is content for the cashshop.

APB Reloaded

Ruined by hackers and aimbotters. Also pay 2 win. Made a account because i was curious and deleted it the same day because someone was flooding the regional chat with the same message over and over again for several hours. Also got griefed by an aimbotter who plays until today even if reported by a dozend of persons.

Super Monday Night Combat

Playerbase shrinking constantly because of mismanagement and account security issues. Also flooded with hackers and macro-users. The exploiting kind, not the lazy kind of macrousers.

Airmech

Connection issues are the main reason why playerbase shrinked. This game was a chrome app once, then became a part of the gamersfirst catalogue and because of bad porting long forgotten bugs existed again.

Warrock

Used to be a vital competitor to its rivals Call of Duty and Medal of Honor at its time. Shortly after gamersfirst management a cash shop got implemented and it went full pay 2 win. Now it is only played if a aimbotter clicks the wrong icon on his dektop. Currenlty Nexon manages the game, its future is uncertain.

General stuff about gamersfirst

Money first. Gamers last. Admins and GM's getting dismissed because they are causing to much work. Player support is reduced to the finance department. Because the games lack people who enforce the EULA, cases of aimbotting, hacking and exploiting increase in every game, gamersfirst has something to decide about.

Also this company suffers security issues. There is no year without someone hacking into the database.

Sources:

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/313435-the-truth-about-hackers-and-how-its-never-going-to-end

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/247176-hackers-slam-dunk-gaming-giants-one-at-a-time

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/160945-if-you-got-hacked-read-this

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2278244

http://9dg1.wordpress.com/category/the-cold-hard-truth

G1 is only for plat purchase and publicity, like Steam.

Digital Extremes still holds all the ropes.

EDIT: Sauce

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42583-gamersfirst-partnership/page-6#entry418359

DE_Steve Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys this is just a portal/distribution arrangement, just like Steam is. DE runs/manages/screws-up Warframe, not anyone else.

Think of this in the same way as Steam - promotion, exposure to new users, and nothing villainous. :)

Sorry for the grief and confusion, I should have posted a heads up.

Edited by Shion963

This thread was clearly created for no other reason than love and affection for a game the poster does not want to see fail.

Among the panicked reactions of last night, the sentiment of this thread warms my heart.

I'm in the process of adding something to the FAQ about this because Steve has already spoken about this. It's only for distributing, like Steam. A lot of reports on bad experiences with them are emerging, but we at DE are still in full control of Warframe. Gamersfirst will manage nothing that affects the game or our pricing - they may have their own system for premium currency as a whole, but it won't affect us, our system, and the decisions we make. Your concerns about the player base are also concerning to me. We will have to monitor that, thank you for informing me.

G1 is only for plat purchase and publicity, like Steam.

Digital Extremes still holds all the ropes.

EDIT: Sauce

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42583-gamersfirst-partnership/page-6#entry418359

Hey guys this is just a portal/distribution arrangement, just like Steam is. DE runs/manages/screws-up Warframe, not anyone else.

Think of this in the same way as Steam - promotion, exposure to new users, and nothing villainous. :)

Thanks

I'm in the process of adding something to the FAQ about this because Steve has already spoken about this. It's only for distributing, like Steam. A lot of reports on bad experiences with them are emerging, but we at DE are still in full control of Warframe. Gamersfirst will manage nothing that affects the game or our pricing - they may have their own system for premium currency as a whole, but it won't affect us, our system, and the decisions we make. Your concerns about the player base are also concerning to me. We will have to monitor that, thank you for informing me.

If its true, that's good. I want to believe that DE will always be in charge of Warframe.

Thats good news and calms me down a bit.

But to be honest; This game went famous very quick, playerbase skyrocketed through the roof and besides Steam there are other ways of purchasing platinum or a founders package. I dont get why gamersfirst gets involved in this. They just suck at everything they do and having them around creates the question in me in which way they are a beneficial partner for Digital Extremes.

*snip*

I have no idea where you got that information (i'm being literal, i don't know anything about it, not implying you're wrong), but the games you are mentioning are mostly games that failed because of bad design decisions by their own creators, failed and got "bought" ressurrected by Gamersfirst.

Warframe is still pretty much owned by Digital Extremes, which is a big and successfull company with a great track record, competent staff and competent developers. And Warframe isn't even out of Beta yet. It's rising fast, has a great amount of excelent content, more are coming, the developers for this game also have a great development track record on it, and it's serioulsy a great contender for F2P of the Year.

MWO is doing much worse and is still walking on it's on legs (no pun intended) without having the developers sell it to a publisher like Gamersfirst.

TL;DR: It's probably just a promoting contract, not a change in ownership. Don't fret.

Thanks

Pleasure to be of service : )

Thats good news and calms me down a bit.

But to be honest; This game went famous very quick, playerbase skyrocketed through the roof and besides Steam there are other ways of purchasing platinum or a founders package. I dont get why gamersfirst gets involved in this. They just suck at everything they do and having them around creates the question in me in which way they are a beneficial partner for Digital Extremes.

Well think of it this way: Players already in G1 don't like any of the games that G1 handles, and here comes Warframe with it's independant shop management! :p

I read through the links of the OP and I can see how a lot of people would not want their account credentials anywhere near G1.

Thank you to Steve and Rebecca for clarifying for all us WarFrame supporters that this is strictly a distribution arrangement and G1 will not be managing WarFrame or have any access to its systems.