Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Bring Back The Old Super Bright Camera Lights.

Mak_Gohae

People had enough trouble not seeing these things before and now they were made even HARDER to spot!

Whenever the cameras are not directly looking forward their scanner light becomes almost invisible.

cantseecameras.jpg

cantseecameras6.jpg

And even when they are looking straight at you depending on the angle you can hardly see the light.

cantseecameras0.jpg

PS- Bring back original MOAs

The cone/triangle needs to be larger or more visible. It doesn't have to be blinding like before.

I couldn't even see the camera anywhere outside of a few feet in front of it because of the 'glare'. :/

Edited by Shion963

I think they just need to fine tune it, give them a 3d cone instead a flat triangle. At least, now you can quickly know where they're watching and "dodge" their sight, except in the angles you mention of course, but much more than the bright light they had before.

I vote for an adjust, not a roll back.

Edited by Yakraan

The lights are just fine. You need better graphics card. I can see them ALL day. And I maxed all my settings. Possibly Bloom aiding in visual fidelity of the light rays to become bright green.

Edited by matrixEXO

The lights are just fine. You need better graphics card. I can see them ALL day. And I maxed all my settings. Possibly Bloom aiding in visual fidelity of the light rays to become bright green.

As long as a player meet the minimum hardware requisites, he should not have any noticeable disadvantage/advantage compared with ANY rig and quality settings other player may use. So that doesn't look to be a good point to me =(

Can you post a pic of how the cameras look with max setting imitating the angles in my pics?

I don't know what your settings are, but I can see it just fine. So I vote no. At least now you can tell where they are pointing, and also you can shoot them better without guessing through the orb of light. They are also very loud so I don't see why you are having issues finding them.

Strange. I have a very visible cone ingame. My game doesn't look like your at all. Maybe some options checked ?

And I prefer the new one as I can know the orientation of the camera. I could try to stealth without destroying them :P

I honestly prefer the new ones. The cone of vision looks pretty awesome, and when it's red (spotted you) it's much more visible now than before. I'm kinda neutral as to whether the normal blue cone should be brighter to make it more visible but also make it less useful since anyone would easily notice it and shoot it down, but i definately vote for keeping the new cameras.

The shape is much improved, but it could stand to be a biiit brighter.  The old version was very obvious, but sometimes even obstructing, making it difficult to accurately attack when they're pointed directly at you.  The new cameras are extremely easy to pinpoint, but it's not a literal flashlight in your face.

The best way to fix it is what some of the first comments said, make the camera LoS a cone instead of a line that would be nearly invisible if aimed elsewhere. When I started going against Corpus, I wasn't able to figure out where most of the cameras went because of the new texture without a notification of their new LoS method. Figured it out when I accidently walked into a Electric door and looked around for the camera to see only a small red dot aimed at me. Killed everything around and checked what the new camera looked like so I wouldn't miss it next time and noticed the LoS was too small to notice if you haven't seen them before.

It'd be nice for DE to give notice on small changes too if they can do that... don't want walking blind without knowing what I might bump into.

I have no problems seeing them as well... the cone only becomes invisible when you look directly at the camera, and the camera looks directly at you... i made some pictures of a full sweep, as well as the worst i can manage from the sides and my display settings.

qLkfNvm.gif

from the side: http://i.imgur.com/En72E9A.jpg

settings: http://i.imgur.com/L9jI1Yp.jpg

I love the new cameras. the former ones were hard to destroy because they were invisible due to the flares, when you looked right up to them.

+-0 While I think the current camera lighting is a bit odd, the old blinding light made it annoying to try to snipe them from any distance, as the glow obscured the camera body too much. I call for either a new redesign, or some sort of middle-ground between the two.