Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vector: The Consumer

Brachion

VECTOR: AN INFESTATION/DISEASE-THEMED WARFRAME

DESCRIPTION: Vector. The consumer. The diseased. Twisted beyond all recognition by the Infestation, Vector is, first and foremost, as survivor. Using his abilities to alter both his own body and those of his foes, he is capable of dealing with virtually any foe.

ABILITIES:

-CONSUME: Vector extends a tendril and pulls in a target, draining its health while restoring his own. Neither the target nor Vector can attack or move, but the ability can be canceled once the target's been pulled in.

-ADAPTIVE ARMOR: As Vector takes damage, he becomes increasingly resistant to that type of damage, up to 75% damage reduction.

-EXPLOSIVE PARASITE: Vector launches a parasitic bomb at an enemy, forcing them to run to their nearest ally, where the parasite violently explodes and induces a Toxin proc.

-PATHOGEN: Vector infects a target with a deadly disease that spreads to any foe that comes too close. The disease inflicts a Viral proc and deals damage over time.

ACCESSORIES: Vector has a unique accessory, the Consumer's Tendrils. These take the form of four tentacles that hang from his back. When using his abilities, the tentacles writhe and glow more brightly.

I'll see if I can make some art for Vector, and maybe come up with a better name for him as well. Feedback is much appreciated!

Sounds like a good rework for saryn.

Since she only got her ultimate as anything useful or worthwhile; but those ideas might revitalize all her other pointless abilities.

Like the name btw, that's pretty original ;)

Edited by 7grims

Sounds like a mix of the Typhus concept and Saryn. 

Just a sidenote, I'd consider a new name. 'Vector' really doesn't have anything to do with infestation or disease.

It seems like every single time I see another thread for an infested frame, I just want Typhus more. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I think the ultimate could be about gaining control of the target (as in actual player control), and once the target dies it bursts in a viral proc. In lower level missions this wouldn't be of much use but just imagine those long defense or survival runs.

Oooh, now there's an idea. It could also be used for stealth, since you could literally hide inside enemies.

Soo... a Mercer-class infected? You know, from Prototype? If so, I approve. Adaptive armour's a bit off though. Most of the time you're taking different types of damage within a certain time period, so what happens when you get slash proc'ced and it's the Grineer (whose guns are normally impact)?

Edited by SpectreOverlord37

Sounds like a good rework for saryn.

Since she only got her ultimate as anything useful or worthwhile; but those ideas might revitalize all her other pointless abilities.

Like the name btw, that's pretty original ;)

press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 press 4 

that's all saryn players ever do. you might as well just stroll through the tileset and enjoy the AA

Sounds like a mix of the Typhus concept and Saryn. 

Just a sidenote, I'd consider a new name. 'Vector' really doesn't have anything to do with infestation or disease.

It seems like every single time I see another thread for an infested frame, I just want Typhus more. 

This made me laugh so much but i deserved a good laugh after today

to think i'm on the council with these people....