Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Has Put Themselves In A Tough Spot With Nyx And Loki

(PSN)JiggaJazz

This is more so to simply say that Irradiating Disarm has made Chaos "obsolete"

However, I feel that Loki's augment should not be nerfed. The biggest issue is how will DE make Nyx the true manipulator of minds again? Because Loki has that crown now.

You really screwed yourselves on this one DE and I hope you learn to NEVER make an augment again that takes one warframe and makes them better in the same aspect as another (made Loki the better mind manipulator warframe)

I really think they've put themselves between a rock and a hard place. Honestly I have no suggestion to chaos, all I can say is to look at our community and how split they are because Irradiating Disarm runs into Nyx territory.

DO NOT NERF IRRADIATING DISARM BUT MAKE IT SO CHAOS ALLOWS NYX TO BE THE TRUE MANIPULATOR AGAIN

no I do not have any suggestions, my thread is to simply state how DE has put themselves in a really bad position because of this

This is more so to simply say that Irradiating Disarm has made Chaos "obsolete"

However, I feel that Loki's augment should not be nerfed.

No. It shouldn't be nerfed. It shouldn't even exist.

Irradiating disarm is just the most easily explained case of DE once again shooting themselves in the foot with their shortsighted "balance" decisions.

Unrelated:

I feel that Loki's augment should not be nerfed.

You and people like you are part of the problem.

People like you, and people worse than you, who whine at the mere mention of the n-word, are the reason DE is too afraid to ever go back on their bad decisions(that and the fact that they monetize those bad decisions, and would have to issue millions of platinum in refunds, whenever they want to fix something and make a good game).

I still use both, mind control and absorb are good powers and chaos is still good imo

Don't get me wrong, I love my nyx and use her as well. The issue however is that in a perfect world our community would be striving for balance and if I have a new player join the game, how will I explain to them that Loki is the real "manipulator of minds" when that is nyx' actual description/theme

Suggestion 1: Make Chaos recastable (Easiest solution)

Suggestion 2: Make remaining enemies under Chaos' influence explode for x amount of radiation(?) damage after duration ends, with a high chance to proc. (Even better solution)

That's all I got.

No. It shouldn't be nerfed. It shouldn't even exist.

Irradiating disarm is just the most easily explained case of DE once again shooting themselves in the foot with their shortsighted "balance" decisions.

Unrelated:

You and people like you are part of the problem.

People like you, and people worse than you, who whine at the mere mention of the n-word, are the reason DE is too afraid to ever go back on their bad decisions(that and the fact that they monetize those bad decisions, and would have to issue millions of platinum in refunds, whenever they want to fix something and make a good game).

You need to understand that this is why I'm saying this can never happen again.

What if I said to get rid of ID? Do you have any idea how many people would flame this thread?

Instead I have your side against me now.

No matter what side you choose, there will be a lot of confliction AND THAT IS WHY we can never EVER have another mod like Irradiating Disarm.

If I could personally nerf it, would I? Probably, but the damage is done and I'm pretty sure irradiating disarm is here to stay.

Yes it is op

It makes nyx obsolete on top of it being op

I hope DE never makes a mod that does such damage ever again (damage meaning too op/making other frames obsolete)

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

I don't know about re-caastable chaos. I think that will lead to the same complaints as IRD. At the moment the chaos targeting is such that you have a 50% chance of being shot even when a enemy is in chaos if you are too close. Perhaps bring back that 3 second stun after cast giving players time to move out of the way. After-all IRD already has a stun effect but chaos is hardly existent.

<snip>

you: This is more so to simply say that Irradiating Disarm has made Chaos "obsolete"

me: Chaos is not obsolete and never has been.  Is this something you decided?

You: However, I feel that Loki's augment should not be nerfed. The biggest issue is how will DE make Nyx the true manipulator of minds again? Because Loki has that crown now.

Me: Who said anything about nerfing Loki's augment?  Can you prove for a fact that it will get nerfed?  Nyx is still a manipulator of minds.  Loki doesn't manipulate minds and never has.  He doesn't do anything close to that, even with the augment.  Also, radiation has always caused enemies to fight each other.  That's not mind manipulation.

You: You really screwed yourselves on this one DE and I hope you learn to NEVER make an augment again that takes one warframe and makes them better in the same aspect as another (made Loki the better mind manipulator warframe)

me: Again, Loki does not manipulate minds.  What are you talking about?  Now, if you are talking about the effect in powers that makes enemies fight each other, then that makes sense.  Also, Nyx has an augment mod that makes her stun enemies, so are you going to say that Nyx is now able to electrocute people and took over Volt's job?

You: I really think they've put themselves between a rock and a hard place. Honestly I have no suggestion to chaos, all I can say is to look at our community and how split they are because Irradiating Disarm runs into Nyx territory.

Me: if it is true you 'have no suggestion,' then that makes this post a rant and possibly a bash on devs.  Why would you criticize the devs and their game in a negative way without providing a solution?  The attitude in your posts would seem as if you are more knowledgeable about game development than they are, and yet you can't provide suggestions on how to make the game better.  That makes no sense.

you: no I do not have any suggestions, my thread is to simply state how DE has put themselves in a really bad position because of this

Me: I don't see how they put themselves in a bad position when they can change the game at will and do what they want with it.  Obviously they wanted to do this that you complain about, and now you don't like it.

See, here is the thing.  If there is a team with Loki and Nyx on it, why would both Nyx and Loki use their crowd control powers at the same time?  (I'm talking about radial disarm and chaos.)  Even without the augmentation mod given to Loki, this is an overuse of crowd control.  You use Chaos, enemies are already distracted.  You use radial disarm, enemies become virtually harmless.  Not saying you can't use both powers together, but it isn't necessary.  I just don't see how this is a difficult situation for DE, unless you mean to say that people will complain on the forum like you have.  People are people, and they will complain if things don't happen the way they see fit.

Edit: fixed some errors.

Edited by VampirePirate

Don't get me wrong, I love my nyx and use her as well. The issue however is that in a perfect world our community would be striving for balance and if I have a new player join the game, how will I explain to them that Loki is the real "manipulator of minds" when that is nyx' actual description/theme

I'd disagree with you, there. That is your opinion, as the following is my opinion:

Loki has one power to "manipulate" minds, but that's only with an augment. Nyx has at least 2 (Chaos+ mind control) while her other powers are more offensive.

I wouldn't say nyx nyx is the best at disarming enemies, because psychic bolts can, with an augment. The fact that augments allow things from different frames, allows for more versatility imho. I don't think either needs changed.

He's their poster boy now; nothing will change that, and the community will never stop justifying a clearly unbalanced frame. 

This is what I've been saying for the longest time.

While I love Loki (my starter, my clan emblem and my favourite frame), he is clearly overpowered.
No, OP does not have to mean he does more damage than other frames -- you can be OP without killing things. Like Bastille was OP when it had infinite capacity, ID, and RD in general are both overpowered skills for removing ranged weaponry for an infinite duration from enemies.

Why did we add ranged enemies to the infestation lineup? And Loki makes that same issue for all factions, THEN causes them to fight each other instead of the player.

I love you Loki, but you need to be toned down.

And the community will never let it happen.

What's the big deal? You still have to take up a mod slot to put in the disarm aug, which causes radiation, which two other frames to my knowledge have, where as they have it innately without sacrificing any mod slot

And how many mods do you think a Loki needs to be fully capable?

This is what I've been saying for the longest time.

While I love Loki (my starter, my clan emblem and my favourite frame), he is clearly overpowered.

No, OP does not have to mean he does more damage than other frames -- you can be OP without killing things. Like Bastille was OP when it had infinite capacity, ID, and RD in general are both overpowered skills for removing ranged weaponry for an infinite duration from enemies.

Why did we add ranged enemies to the infestation lineup? And Loki makes that same issue for all factions, THEN causes them to fight each other instead of the player.

I love you Loki, but you need to be toned down.

And the community will never let it happen.

The problem with Loki is that he is sneaky powerful. Frames that nuke the map will always get more attention then Loki ever will. Mesa will be nerfed way before Loki ever does. Saryn will be nerfed before Loki gets touched.

I dislike the disconnect with augment design that went into Irradiating Disarm.  Seriously, when designing and polling for augments, DE was VERY EXPLICIT in their instructions that Augments must not be little more than DIRECT UPGRADES.  But then they make Irradiating Disarm, which is nothing but a complete and direct upgrade to Disarm.

I dislike the disconnect with augment design that went into Irradiating Disarm.  Seriously, when designing and polling for augments, DE was VERY EXPLICIT in their instructions that Augments must not be little more than DIRECT UPGRADES.  But then they make Irradiating Disarm, which is nothing but a complete and direct upgrade to Disarm.

I think you do have a point there.  Perhaps they changed their minds about it.

I HATE Irradiating disarm. Loki guys are LAUGHING at me using NYX. LAUGHING. While my nyx is using chaos getting shot at on a t4, Loki guys are hiding and are still getting them to fight eachother. Not fair.

Loki is commonly used to troll people anyhow.  What did you expect?

Consider this: when they get arrogant and forget their place, and the enemy kills them, you can stand over them and LAUGH at them while they beg you to help them up.  Don't revive them.

Edited by VampirePirate

The problem with Loki is that he is sneaky powerful. Frames that nuke the map will always get more attention then Loki ever will. Mesa will be nerfed way before Loki ever does. Saryn will be nerfed before Loki gets touched.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Personally I believe Loki holds the crown over every frame in the game ( just my oppnion )

But I'm the player who runs Loki invisible all the time and I haven't had Nyx and Loki on the same squad yet ,

But after looking at this post I do want to experiment with this to get a better idea.