Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With The Nerf/"it's Fine" Groups And Threads With Regards To Mag And Her Greedy Pull, Let Us Make A Compromise.

Renegade343

The "Nerf" group, you can take Mag and do what you want with her on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The "It's fine" group, you can do it on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. On Sundays: Rock-paper-scissors to see who gets her on that day. 

To be honest, it does feel a bit like two guys fighting over a girl. At least, from my perspective.

DE might not get rid of Greedy Pull but the days of standing around spamming skills are limited. DE Steve mentioned the "energy gate" when Radial Javelin was being talked about and I'm eager to see if/how that gets patched up before I comment on anything else but overall I prefer enemy design that requires/encourages shooting and melee.

Nullifier whine threads are my favorite flavor of tears right now. <3

AND SHOCKING SPEED WILL TAKE THE CAKE..........is awesome skill protected me from the maniac i was happy(recent alert of mirage helmet) and u don;t stay in one spot cause it requires stamina to trigger it that or running when speed is activated.

My issue if I bring Gmag to a defense mission then people just kinda stand around doing nothing. If I dont have a Gmag then they stop protecting the pod and run around and search for loot.

Well u know that call of duty strategy were u shoot the leg of the zombie or you leave one zombie alive ;so you can do your business and then you kill it for the next wave to start.Yeah, that is always a strategy. I am sure their is always that frost who can cast frozen,or loki with decoy,or nyx with control,Excalibur with radial blind, hydroid with pool,nekros with terrify,vauben with bastille,banshee with silence. their are many ways to carry this out and my favorite banishing them to the shadow realm......LIMBO

Edited by Leavith

Energy gate?  Can you explain what that is?

The idea isn't just that an ability be "overpowered" vs "underpowered". It's okay to have big powerful and dramatic effects, the problem is that people can spam the hell out of them and never need to do anything else. Something is supposed to act as a gate there, making people do something to earn using their powers.

Most games use cooldown timers to limit you, but that's all it is. A limit. Timers just turn everything in the game into either an "oh S#&$" button or a macro to use it every time it comes up, or as part of a timed rotation. This isn't really any less mindless than spamming, but it's an easy way to take a step forward from spamming because it forces people to do something else while it's on cooldown.

DE, specifically Steve, has said that energy is supposed to be that gate for Warframe but we're getting way too much energy right now. Nekros. Restore packs. Trinity, Energy Siphon and the game's general shift since open beta began to fighting lots and lots and lots of enemies at a time.

My favorite solution, as an example, is to have energy orbs not drop (or drop less often) when enemies are killed by abilities. Maybe guns make them drop at the normal rate or even above normal, CC abilities = 50% drop rate on energy orbs and enemies killed by ability damage = 0% chance to drop energy orbs.

Last time it came up:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/345295-vivergate-vent-radioactive-gas-yn/

Our ‘press 4 to win’ ultimates are metered primarily by the supply of energy. Finding an energy loophole means that Homer’s drinking bird can play the game for you. That is not team synergy. That is just broken.
Edited by VKhaun