Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons For Lv100 + Enemies

Hmmmm....a Primary?

Phage/Opticor/Paris Prime/Dread can manage with no Corrosive Projection stacking.

I assume Tonkor works, awaiting PS4 debut.

Melee>Primary's

Slightly larger than 200kcrits

11289405_10204649358293897_6835954141716

11157518_10204649357813885_1767291982009

Video of above crits

11289486_10204722606645060_5356243854485

Non-crit (70k) on lvl 95 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus

11289631_10204636434090800_8747364772451

20 lvl 95 Eximus

1. The standard hits in these videos range from 100-1500 crits.

2. Those multi-million damage hits are inconsistent, and completely overkill. You will never get this effect to proc consistently enough to utilize.

3. If the RNG can make the Obex hit for millions, what would it do to the Scindo Prime? Or the Opticor?

How are you modding your latron? that thing can last until endgame. But as others have said, once you go past 45, corrosives are required, no way around it. With two or three, 50 min will be the max you can stay with really any weapon. With the full set of four CP's, you can go into 60+min and after that, you must also use a dmg multiplier frame like nova/banshee/mirage (or all of them combined. 

There simply isn't a weapon that can deal enough damage in that later part of the game without the things I listed above. So keeping this in mind, you will need to go viral and very useful if your weapon can proc reliably. Hence why the latron prime can hang with in those game with the big boys; if not, you're build is wrong for the scenario. If using a pure damage build on latron prime, then it has having a really hard time after 35min.

As for recommendations, I actually use braton prime almost exclusively now. Not as much pure dps as boltor/soma but the slash dmg and viral procs makes up the difference in a big way. Paris is nice, but it starts having problems a few minutes after pure-dsp-boltors/somas. So dread (slash) with viral again and procs (viral+slash proc). And as other have said, penta/tonkor. 

Her 3rd augment? That's the only thing I can think that can do that damage, I can't see the video because 3G sucks here...

May I have your build? owo

Build:

Valkyr: 

11267162_10204772496292270_5005936970017 

Current Obex:

10362754_10204772494172217_2709283937516

(In some of those videos where there is no visible element: Fury and Spoiled-strike were in place of North Wind & Fever-strike)*

Usually run Raksa Kubrow (Protect and Howl are good health buffers, plus Kuvrows get healed with normal melee....so they pair well with melee only)

1. The standard hits in these videos range from 100-1500 crits.

2. Those multi-million damage hits are inconsistent, and completely overkill. You will never get this effect to proc consistently enough to utilize.

3. If the RNG can make the Obex hit for millions, what would it do to the Scindo Prime? Or the Opticor?

Largest hits I have personally seen are with Jat-kittag w/Shattering Storm upwards of 80million

The ridiculous Over-health-kill crits seem to happen when a Ragdoll attack intercepts a Ragdoll attack, instead of the environment. (More prevalent with Primed Reach as there appears to be a certain cleave range that allows for the larger hits.**)(Also all the mutli-million damage hits are against Ancients or Broodmothers...Ancients had a crit/weak-point multiplier fix on PC ...I assume to normalize damage, won't know until it arrives on consoles)(Also I think DE was trying to fix absurd damage with Primed Reach with 16.5... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/458319-hugh-decrease-of-melee-weapons-range-since-165/)

The ridiculous damage disparity appears even on the non-crit picture against the Corrupted Heavy Eximus: the crits are peaking around 20k but then there will be a white non-crit for 74k...

Mogamu's Scindo Prime buffed execution finisher was 320million. I have not tried Scindo Prime for multimillion damage figures because it is harder to maintain weapon combo as it actually kills rather than ragdolls enemies to keep hit counter up.(Argument of a dead enemy is dead regardless of huge over-health kill or simple 1-shot..)

Opticor and Dread/Paris Prime Red-Crits don't have as extreme of damage variation from my testing. Melee on the otherhand, sometimes has anamoly type damage figures.

Back on topic: For Primary weapobs I prefer Viral especially if 4CP are present. Secondaries are good for Corrosive proccing especially since most of the high status weapons are very ammo-efficient.

Melee is a little more freedom of choice or play style dependent.

Just remember Style above all else..lol

Did you know that level 100 Grineer have 97% Damage Reduction? This game has no armor scaling cap, so high level targets are just allowed to grow absurdly powerful and resilient, and it's only thanks to the way the game rounds numbers that they are even remotely possible to defeat.

Corrosive and Radiation are unique in that they bypass 75% of the a targets armor on top of whatever elemental weakness that type of armor may have; Radiation does 1.75x damage against Alloy Armor (Bombards, Napalms, Elite Lancers), while Corrosive does 1.75x to Ferrite (Heavy Gunners). Viral gets an honorable mention if the weapon you are using has a very high proc chance, as the only way it can keep up with Corrosive/Radiation against a fully armored unit is if the viral proc goes off before the enemy has fallen below 50% HP, which becomes much easier to do against higher level enemies as you will be draining bullets into these beasts like you're trying to put out the fires of hell. 

That said, a high proc corrosive weapon will also still out-damage viral as it makes each consecutive hit more powerful by reducing armor by 25% of its' current value each time it successfully applies to an enemy. 

Radiation will be nice because these demons are able to obliterate you by simply looking at you funny, so you'd really like their broken overpowered butt looking somewhere else entirely. 

Slashing also gets an honorable mention purely for the bleed proc, which also ignores armor entirely and can hold its' own quite well on high damage weapons such as the Dread or Dragon Nikana. Your actual hits will be crap, but at that point, all your hits are crap anyway. On the subject of bleed damage, did you know that enemies who are knocked over take all damage as critical hits for a small window while they are getting up? If they have a lot of bleeds, fire, and toxic procs going on them they may suddenly take several tics of 5k damage, instantly ending their god-like reign of anger and hatred. 

FINISHER melee attacks are also another brilliant options and keep up much better as even a bombard only has 44,000 health at level 100, which is about one or two finishers for more endgame melee weapons. Notable Warframes for going the melee combat finisher route include Ash, Excalibur, Banshee, Valkyr, Hydroid, and sometimes Vauban. There are also several melee weapons whose combo's include combat finishers. 

ALL OF THIS SAID, that rounding peculiarity is still the most viable method of even approaching these mammoths, and your best bet for these guys is to run with a team using the only aura that matters in this game; Corrosive Projection. If you don't have it, don't even bother with endgame until you get it because the game is mathematically impossible without it. Or at least really masochistic. 

Corrosive Projection at four stacks will simply remove all armor for every enemy in the map, making Slashing and Viral damage the preferred method for killing Grineer and Corpus. Do keep in mind, however, that while Viral had a very good multiplier against fleshy units, it's really quite terrible against infested and you might struggle a bit with ancients as a result. Personally I prefer slashing for this reason, but the difference isn't so dramatic that it should slow you down very considerably. A large bag of HP is infinitely easier to deal with than an enemy who is all but immune to damage due to this game not having any sort of armor cap at all. 

So recently I got a team to do a T3 survival. I was really confident with my 4 forma latron prime since it was 3 shotting bombards on t4. However when it got to the 50 mins mark. I stopped doing any significant damage to heavy units. I had to dumb a clip to kill ancients. And like 3 clips to kill a heavy gunner. They heavy gunners was lv120 or so. What is a better late game weapon? Would a  maxed out paris do better? The chroma that I played with was still one shotting with a tonkor. My friend who had a maxed out boltor prime had trouble killing. He had to dumb a clip to kill a heavy gunner. What is a viable primary for 60 mins survivals. where enemies are Lv100+?

I typically do runs to this point without corrosive projection, so most of the weapons I use are heavily forma'd or assisted in damage by Banshee/Mesa. If you really want to stick with Latron Prime (Its a lovely weapon) then grab Banshee for sonar. Not a Banshee type? Need something a little more survivable? Try bringing a duration+power strength mesa and always keep ballistic battery up for an extra bit of damage when needed.

If you are looking for a weapon thats pretty good as is try one of the following weapons:

-Opticor

-Vectis

-Boltor/Soma Prime(While I personally dislike these weapons because they suck the challenge out of everything, they deal a lot of damage)

-Tonkor

-Penta(Forma'd obviously)

-Dread/Paris Prime

-Brakk

-Vaykor Marelok

-Synoid Gammacor

-Atomos

Other than that, I hear Phage is pretty good.

These are all great suggestions, but you're missing a couple of weapons.

Rakta Balistica is as good as Vaykor after it's buff, arguably better if you can adjust to the travel time and charge up. Guaranteed viral procs yo!

Tiberon is a personal favorite that many people think is mastery trash, but it actually has more raw base damage than the boltor prime with much higher accuracy. It falls behind in paper DPS due to its nature as a burst weapon with less fire rate, but if you're always aiming for the head you end up getting more mileage out of it than the boltor p due to the better ammo economy.

Scindo P can also hang with the big boys if you have the frame setup for melee combat. Pretty much restricted to invisibility builds, by Chroma can pull it off too.

In fact, Chroma can actually make a lot of weapons that wouldn't normally be viable be much better with a power stength build and vex armor. By the time your weapon would start falling off, fury stacks will start coming in and buffing that weapon damage up to 7x!

As for more frames, Mirage can also do the same but less tanky, boasting over 3x weapon damage multiplier with a lit power strength eclipse. Ash and Loki get an invisibility multiplier when attacking enemies unaware of them and can do some pretty ridiculous damage relatively safely.

Edited by Ashnal

These are all great suggestions, but you're missing a couple of weapons.

Rakta Balistica is as good as Vaykor after it's buff, arguably better if you can adjust to the travel time and charge up. Guaranteed viral procs yo!

Tiberon is a personal favorite that many people think is mastery trash, but it actually has more raw base damage than the boltor prime with much higher accuracy. It falls behind in paper DPS due to its nature as a burst weapon with less fire rate, but if you're always aiming for the head you end up getting more mileage out of it than the boltor p due to the better ammo economy.

Scindo P can also hang with the big boys if you have the frame setup for melee combat. Pretty much restricted to invisibility builds, by Chroma can pull it off too.

In fact, Chroma can actually make a lot of weapons that wouldn't normally be viable be much better with a power stength build and vex armor. By the time your weapon would start falling off, fury stacks will start coming in and buffing that weapon damage up to 7x!

As for more frames, Mirage can also do the same but less tanky, boasting over 3x weapon damage multiplier with a lit power strength eclipse. Ash and Loki get an invisibility multiplier when attacking enemies unaware of them and can do some pretty ridiculous damage relatively safely.

I agree with all your suggestions! I forgot Rakta and Tiberon(Both are among my personal favorites). Scindo Prime is easily a nice melee.

Going in without a single CP is the real fun. Build for high corrosive procs / second or raw damage with radiation+viral and go to town. It may limit your choice of weaponry but saying you can't get into 60 minutes without 4 CP or that it would be cruelly hard is a myth.

Going in without a single CP is the real fun. Build for high corrosive procs / second or raw damage with radiation+viral and go to town. It may limit your choice of weaponry but saying you can't get into 60 minutes without 4 CP or that it would be cruelly hard is a myth.

This. I usually play with a friend (just the two of us) and we rarely wear any CP. We still can do 60 minutes survivals. Weapons like Grakata and Latron Prime are great because of their high status and high crit damage.

Also, if you are going the CP route, do not be fooled into thinking 90% armor reduce with 3x CP would be "almost all" - consider this:

A level 100 Heavy Gunner has 7332 armor - this equals 96% damage reduction.

Same Heavy gunner with -90% armor will have 733 armor - this still equals 71% armor reduction.

You took away a great deal of its armor, yes, but using a 4th CP you could still more than triple your damage - and with being able to use pure Viral, the advantage increases even more. Whatever aura you choose instead of a 4th CP, it's not worth it.

Sorry to say sir, but your build is ridiculous if you are getting only 10k+ crits, from a TONKOR

^

if I can recall, I think mine crits along 60-80k

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Tonkor/t_30_22200030_132-1-5-133-4-5-137-0-10-140-7-5-159-2-5-355-5-3-414-3-3-485-6-9_137-7-132-8-159-5-414-7-133-11-355-7-485-6-140-9/en/2-0-70/60736/0 my build being something like this

where it says "primary" that's the initial hit from tonkor, if you click it, it goes to the explosion damage ~

Edited by Vesiga

My Latron build is Two elemental mods depends on faction. serration, heavy calibur, split chamber, point strike, vital sense and speed trigger. I feel like I should take off speed trigger for something else. But when I played we didn't have any CO. so ya 

Swap Speed Trigger with a Shred, you'll still have decent fire rate, but also will have some punch through to deal with crowds. I personally don't use Heavy Caliber, because I think precise headshoting is more important, especially for crit builds. That's what I usually use on my Latron:

http://goo.gl/2enhlF

With this build I don't really need CP that badly. But if you are going to use CP, it's probably better to go for Viral+Fire.