Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout 4 Trailer Released!

DiBBz

People are defending F4 like they already know how it's gonna play.

We haven't saw S#&$, we only saw graphics, and as such as are free to criticize it for being lacking. Lacking is a rather kind word for it.

You can say you don't care about graphics, it's still gonna impact your enjoyment if it looks like turd.

Polished turd is still turd.

Either way, the game is expected to ship towards the end of 2015 apparently.

That makes it a safe Q2 2016 bet.

It will get delayed. It always gets delayed.

but it looks nothing like "turd" what so ever... i just think the people inserting their opinion about  the graphics because they have been spoiled by whiter 3 or any other graphically intense game...

Fallout series is not and will never me a graphically overwhelming appealing game... it holds its own in the middle that its appealing to most!

wanna know why fallout has never been a graphically intense game ? because most of their efforts are put else where ("Story / Gameplay")... the graphics are fine... the people that say it impacts your gameplay experience are saying some utter BS!

fallout fans play for the story and the in-depth world it immerse you in... not go pow pow overboard and make the graphics a selling point...

Fallout was never about graphics. 3rd one was all about hilarious bugs.

a man that finally gets it :P

and agreed Bethesda are known for having some annoying and hilarious bugs in their games (Specifically fallout and skyrim)

wait

*lets go pal*

OMARGAWD VOICES FINALLY

yeah alot of people are up on arms about that... but then again alot of people where wanting the main character to talk.. as you where in a way just a lifeless person that never spoke and only heard others spoke

lets just hope his voice is not a driving force throughout the entire game... i would like dialogue options to be quite much like the other 3 fallout games!

It's not gonna be this year, I highly doubt it.

And besides the graphics, there's still the doubts in my mind as to how the gameplay will feel like. I disliked how Bethesda handled the combat in F3, so if it's the same here, it's just as bad as before.

apparently it is going to be this year...

also if this game is not your cup of tea why are you replying ? first you dislike the graphics... next you tell us about how you disliked the combat in fallout 3... it sounds like this game is not your type of game... i found nothing wrong with the combat.. it was doo-able and slightly interesting! compared to other games at the time...

also try stating in your opinion rather voicing it to sound like fact... cause thats somewhat the feeling i get with most of your posts!

Disappoint. The graphics are maybe 10-15% better from New Vegas 5 years ago. All the same old stuff with new colors now. Wonder can control the doge as main character.

It looks a lot better than FO3 and New Vegas. Their's dynamic lighting and weather that isn't from modders, something New Vegas and 3 lacked. I'm pretty sure they could make the game have better graphics but I'm pretty sure the size of the game effects that department. So they could either downsize the game for the costs of graphics or the other way around. I'm pretty sure Bethesda's trying to find that middle ground of performance and visuals. What happens when a game goes for visuals and for consoles? They'll get 30FPS tops and sometimes a few drop rates now and then. I'll say we should stay off the graphics till we see the size of the entire place, considering how big FO3 I hope this will be much bigger in next gen.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game. Though I hope it's a bit more like FO3 than FO:NV.

I just didn't like New Vegas, except for a few small things, such as being able to use WWII weapons(of which there was a surprising lack of in FO3) like the M1 Garand, Thompson machine gun, BAR, etc. and the weapon customization was a nice addition too.(I do so hope that the M1, Thompson and BAR get into FO4 without mods, love using those weapons) Oh, and I also hope that Bethesda uses a similar dialogue system to Skyrim, it was a brilliant change compared to previous bethsoft titles. I have a hard time going back and playing New Vegas, FO3, and Oblivion because of the way conversation works.

And on the graphics, I think they look good, great even. Sure they're not top of the line, next-gen graphics, but they are a clear upgrade from FO3, New Vegas, and even Skyrim. And that trailer was likely all in-game footage, as Bethesda in the past hasn't rendered and produced many videos outside of their game engine, at least when it comes to a reveal. Plus, that means that what we see is pretty much what we can expect to see in-game(obviously it will likely be more polished). Just go back and look at when Skyrim was revealed(the trailer with in-game footage), then look at the actual E3 demo they showed, graphics were pretty much the same.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

You mean super-linear dialogues with very little choice of answer, also filled with obvious clichès?

Though you're being sarcastic, no. The system that didn't involve freezing time and zooming in super close to the person's face just to have a conversation. Romantic, but dated and clunky.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

I'm just glad it has actual color in it.  No ubiquitous green/orange tint that makes everything look terrible.

One drop less in the ocean of things modders will fix/improve.  The quality of the rest of the graphics being one of them.

I don't understand why people are already bashing the graphics on the first trailer. I agree that they look bad, but these things are subject to change; look at Borderlands' first trailer. It wasn't cell shaded, I'll tell you that much. The same happened for the more recent trailers for Street Fighter 5: The graphics didn't look that good at first, but they improved over the course of the trailers. 

Edited by Darkjackal_2031