Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are There Plans To Release An Optimization For The Gtx Titan X?

AnUnQuietMind

Hey, Currently im using a custom watercooled GTX Titan X that is overclocked, i understand that we have been told that overclocking our video cards cause crashes and they do within two minutes of loading warframe. But the question i have is if all the other games im playing allow overclocking is there a fix that could be implemented so i dont have to go undo all the overclocking ive done when i want to play 1 of dozens of games i own? playing a game like hearthstone that is a believe a total of 2 or 3 GB in size dosnt require me to underclock my video card. and its so weak that it can be played on smart phones and tablets. is there a plan to fix the overclocking issue at some point? I love warframe, i just hope that some attention is being given to this issue.

i don't think there will be a fix because DE already told people to NOT overclock their graphics card ._. If you do it anyway then it's more or less your problem, just how I see it.

Also, why would you want to overclock that thing? ._. It has 12 GB Memory, I don't even know of any game that is THAT demanding, maybe planetside 2 on ultra setting but Warframe?

Edited by DJ_Vauban

Overclocking is a crapshoot and sometimes, well, you crap out.

Considering my TitanX is hitting 300fps+ on stock clocks, well, it's not exactly necessary to obtain decent performance in the game. I know the GPU can OC like crazy, but if your games of choice can't handle it, then you have to do what you have to do.

As new tech comes out like the Oculus Rift and whatnot, I can see where OCing might be desirable, but it's always a matter of tuning it to your most played game for STABILITY and performance. If it's not stable, back off.

I stated that I knew they said not to overclock, I was posting to see if it was ever going to be changed. As far as games needing a video card to be over clocked, changing the stock 1ghz on the Titan x to 1575mhz changes my 4k witcher 3 from 55-67frps to 70-89frps. With gsync enabled which lowers the frps it is necessary if I want 60frps. Yes some games do need an overclocked video card.

I agree with you that warframe should support overclocking because even if the titan x doesn't need it, lower-end cards (which is most of DE's fanbase) do. Unfortunately, DE seems to be looking into general optimization rather than overclocking support, so to answer your original question about titan x overclocking, the answer is no even though it's in DE's best interest to say yes.

Also, keep in mind all GPUs are individual cards and may or may not tolerate OCing in various games.

My old 580GTX had a ferocious OC on it and run Warframe just fine. It had real problems with WoW and their DX11 implementation, but I was able to run it under DX9 just fine and let it go at that. It had some other issues elsewhere, but they were minor enough to ignore. It's what you can live with sometimes.

DE has warned about stability and OCing, but I think it's primarily a matter of what each card can tolerate in the game.