Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Doesn't Need To Intervene In Market; Trade Limits Cause Opportunity Cost

(PSN)JiggaJazz

Players usually demand higher cost on mods because opportunity costs force them to due to trade limits each day

Do not intervene in our market DE

Maybe DE should change trade limitations rather than actually intervening in our market trading

Maybe DE should change plat prices on market rather than intervening in our market trading

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

When you have 10-13 trades as limit you never reach the limit. If you do, you're playing chatframe more than Warframe, which makes you a special case.

And even if you did, I don't think that entitles anyone to rip anybody off.

Some intervention is needed. A ceiling needs to be fixed.

And DE could put some rules up just to lol at you, you know. It's their game. They decide the rules.

So yeah, that's a pretty bad  you put up there :/

Something happen for you to suddenly make this topic out of nowhere?

Edited by Evanescent

When you have 10-13 trades as limit you never reach the limit. If you do, you're playing chatframe more than Warframe, which makes you a special case.

So yeh, that's a pretty bad  you put up there :/

I dont think you understand what im saying, i'm trying to talk about the majority and the majority is not anywhere near MR 10-13

Things like trade limitations are in place to give players a reason to rank up in the first place. In fact, for the longest time the trade limit was the only thing that MR affected.

And not sure what you mean by "change plat prices on market", since most of the stuff you see in /trading cannot be directly bought from the market.

Edited by Dualstar

I'm MR 17 and I don't usually either but you're quite ignorant to say that if you expect everyone to be high enough of an MR to not care about the limit

you mean like new players who just reached MR2 will always suffer from daily limits? What will they trade for? Unless they bought some plats to get prime gears early or getting gifts from their friends...

Edited by Evansmaan

Players usually demand higher cost on mods because opportunity costs force them to due to trade limits each day

Do not intervene in our market DE

Maybe DE should change trade limitations rather than actually intervening in our market trading

Maybe DE should change plat prices on market rather than intervening in our market trading

An auction house will be a devastation of trading.

In Warframe right now, trade is managed by a general consensus of what players are willing to pay, varied by the flexibility of negotiation between the buyer and seller. I don't know exactly how the auction house will work, but I see it being one of two things:

A)Like Runescape's Grand Exchange, you put up an item for a price and leave it there. People will buy it in their own time.

The problem with this approach is that it drives market price down for items and removes the negotiation aspect, as the lowest prices will always sell first. It impairs the ability of the seller to make platinum. It favours those who farm consistently, but also negatively impacts them. They (theoretically) have greater supply, which means they can sell for less than the common and still make greater profit. While that sounds nice, they're making less for their work than they would be without the auction house. Also, for common players, it drives the price of their items down as well, if they want to sell they have to undercut those who have more (who can sell for less). Naturally, there is a limit to the lower bound of an item's worth, and there will always be an "average" price. I'm just saying that it boils down to more grind for less reward.

B)Players bid on items in increasing value, competatively. This benefits those with a large amount of platinum over those who don't. Essentially, it creates a class system. However, those who farm more can sell more FOR more. Now, this is a better approach for making platinum, but those who have the time and dedication to play this game for the most amount of time tend to be those who already have the large volumes of platinum. The rich get richer, and while those with less can still make platinum, it will require more grind to get the parts they can sell over those who play more often and have more of the same item, and it will be harder to buy the items they need (particularly those parts from new primes) because the prices will be above their capacity.

"But there will still be the ability to trade external of the auction house"

But why would you buy from the Trade chat for more than you could buy from the auction house?

Or, why would you sell for less in the Trade chat than you could in the auction house?

Trading is a capitalist excursion by nature -- everyone trying to benefit from their work -- but this would just structure the disparence between rich players and those who play a lot, and casual or non-paying players.

While yes, that might benefit [DE], it's not great for the game.

Frankly, I have no idea what you're referring to. What is this about [DE] interfering with the trading market?

I spend as much time farming as I do trading.. or maybe more time trading. Personally, I don't care what market prices, wftrading, or what ever the "average" price is. I have firm HIGH prices because regardless of however I farmed it. I spent my time obtaining or creating my inventory so I price its value. I post daily and although a lot of people turn down my price, 19 trades do go by fairly quick.

What? Even when I am in my "trading mode" I don't see limits as an issue. Want to raise the limit? DE gave you an option, get higher mastery rank. If your buyers have reached their limit, well take initiative like I did. Add them, trade next day or when available, remove and continue on trading.

Or how about DE just doesn't let us trade at all and either forces us to grind or buy items with real money (platinum) like a number of other "successful" games do.

You should not run out of trades- you have plenty no matter what rank you are. Having a (note: high) number of trades per day gives us freedom but also keeps any random newbie from getting anything and everything within minutes because he has a rich friend.

This is why we need an auction house in addition to the trade chat.

Auction house too pricey? Go to trade chat.

People on trade chat who insist a mod is worth more just because it's maxed (and it only has 3-5 ranks) bothering you? Go to the auction house.

Simple solution where everyone is a winner.

People on trade chat who insist a mod is worth more just because it's maxed (and it only has 3-5 ranks) bothering you? Go to the auction house.

except that prime parts will drop to 1 plat each except the really rare ones because people who have prime parts that usually go for 15 will have to compete with people who just throw them out for 5 plat and even the 5-plat-people will compete with themselves and bring the price down even more. Nice for buyers but hell for sellers.

Sure, if an auction house were to concern itself with trades for credit and not with platinum.

Except there's no trades for credits because we can't trade credits.

An auction house with platinum is preposterous.  Platinum represents a portion of actual money, not a wholly virtual currency (albeit a currency that has zero value outside of the game) like fantasy gold or whatever else.

Still trying to find out what "intervening in our market trading" is supposed to mean. And changing plat prices on the community market is not really possible.

Unless they screw prime access and sell Prime Warframe on store with plats, then you see a price ceiling for some frames.

Pretty much that's the only way I see it.

Edited by Hueminator

Sure, if an auction house were to concern itself with trades for credit and not with platinum.

Except there's no trades for credits because we can't trade credits.

An auction house with platinum is preposterous. Platinum represents a portion of actual money, not a wholly virtual currency (albeit a currency that has zero value outside of the game) like fantasy gold or whatever else.

Bruh?

By that logic we shouldn't be able to trade platinum regularly because trading with platinum is preposterous. Platinum represents a portion of actual money, not a wholly virtual currency (albeit a currency that has zero value outside of the game) like fantasy gold or whatever else.

What you said makes no sense.

Platinum represents a portion of actual money, not a wholly virtual currency (albeit a currency that has zero value outside of the game) like fantasy gold or whatever else.

Platinum does have a value outside of the game, hence re-sellers like Steam/Valve and other websites.