The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Shadow: Character Model By Rag Premji

ragmanrag

Hi All!It's been a while! I hope everyone is having a great 2016!I'd like to show the final high poly sculpt, it might need small tweaks but overall i think its done. I'm fairly happy with the overall look in comparison with the older versions.So on to the low poly, more updates on that coming soon!Have a great day!Rag!warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_30_01_16_1.warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_30_01_16_2.warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_30_01_16_3.

I think it would match the helmet design more if you added 2 spikes on the chest and upper thigh. But hey, go with what you want.

Edited by Slendy-Broseph

• 1 month later...
On 2016-02-03 at 0:20 PM, Slendy-Broseph said:

I think it would match the helmet design more if you added 2 spikes on the chest and upper thigh. But hey, go with what you want.

Hi There!

Sorry for the late reply,  I'd like to keep his legs some what simple so that its better for animation purposes, thanks for the feedback though!
Rag!

Hi All,

In this weeks update I wanted to show my progress on making the low poly version of the character model. I've started the retopology process and began doing some normal map tests, the renders were taken from marmoset toolbag 2.

Have a great day!

Rag!
warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_13_03_16_1.

Edited by ragmanrag
switching from png to jpeg, so the page loads faster

On 6/7/2015 at 1:00 PM, ragmanrag said:

<<<<<<LATEST POST>>>>>>

More work in progress images can be found by clicking through this thread, Thanks!

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_13_03_16.pn

Hi All,

I'm a big fan of Warframe and its art style and was inspired to create my own version. This character originally started as a concept sculpt that i decided to take further to completion, developing on the idea of organic armor.

I will add more updates soon!

Have a great day!

Rag.

warframe_ninja_renders_WIP_close_p8.png

warframe_ninja_renders_WIP_p8.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass1.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass2.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass3.png

Reminds me a lot of Guyver, or something along those lines.

On 2016-03-12 at 8:40 PM, (PS4)KadzietYagami said:

Reminds me a lot of Guyver, or something along those lines.

Hi! Yeah i'm a big fan of Guyver!

On 2016-03-13 at 10:41 PM, Slendy-Broseph said:

What about the chest? 

Hi there, i don't think I'll be changing his chest for now, but i may add different attachments/pieces at a later date.

On 2016-03-14 at 4:28 AM, _Kazun_ said:

give it a butt pls.

also

+1

Lols! He already has a butt...

Have a great day all, more updates to come.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just a quick update to show my progress on making the other low poly parts of the character model and testing out some normal map bakes. The mesh still needs some optimization but I will do that at a later stage, the test renders were taken from marmoset toolbag 2.

Have a great day!

Rag!

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_10_04_16_1.

Edited by ragmanrag
switching from png to jpeg, so the page loads faster

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

wow, wish i could do this D: 

You can do it! It just takes some patience and practice, there are many tutorials on youtube to help newcomers, I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Rag.

Wow, this is amazing work! Can I suggest an idea? You said that the spikes on the side of the helmet would flip out when he enters combat mode, but I think you should do it with the spikes on top of his helmet too, so that when he's not in combat mode, he'd look less threatening and can blend more easily into the environment.

Edited by derp215

On 7. 6. 2015 at 8:00 PM, ragmanrag said:

<<<<<<LATEST POST>>>>>>

More work in progress images can be found by clicking through this thread, Thanks!

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_10_04_16.pn

Hi All,

I'm a big fan of Warframe and its art style and was inspired to create my own version. This character originally started as a concept sculpt that i decided to take further to completion, developing on the idea of organic armor.

I will add more updates soon!

Have a great day!

Rag.

warframe_ninja_renders_WIP_close_p8.png

warframe_ninja_renders_WIP_p8.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass1.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass2.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass3.png

Now that the second dream is out. I gotta say that this design actualy looks like a heavy armor variant of the tenno suit. Maybe you inspired them more they are willing to admit >:)

On 2016-04-21 at 6:11 AM, Ibro156 said:

What equipment did you use to make this awesome model? Mouse and Keyboard? Or some sort of pad? 

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply, the software that I'm using to create this model is zbrush, maya, photoshop, substance painter and marmoset toolbag 2. I also use a Wacom graphics tablet that has a stylus for me to draw/sculpt the character. Hope it helps!

Edited by ragmanrag

On 2016-04-20 at 6:33 AM, derp215 said:

Wow, this is amazing work! Can I suggest an idea? You said that the spikes on the side of the helmet would flip out when he enters combat mode, but I think you should do it with the spikes on top of his helmet too, so that when he's not in combat mode, he'd look less threatening and can blend more easily into the environment.

Hi there! Yes that's what I'm planning to do, i cant wait to do some animation tests of his head blades on the top and sides flipping out! Thanks for the kind comments, more updates to come soon!

Have a great day!

Edited by ragmanrag

On 2016-04-21 at 9:18 AM, Deshiel said:

Now that the second dream is out. I gotta say that this design actualy looks like a heavy armor variant of the tenno suit. Maybe you inspired them more they are willing to admit >:)

Thanks for the comment!  More updates to come soon!

Rag!