The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pvp Mods Drop Rate

3thereal

Please review your drop rate of the end-of-round new PvP mods. I seem to get the common rifle ones (Loose Hatch, Maximum Capacity) and the pistol ones ( Loose Magazine, Full Capacity) pretty much every game. I've gotten 1 of the Rare pistol ones (Blind Shot)and none of the other uncommon or rares nor ANY shotgun mods. I can't believe this is the intended design.

Edited by 3thereal

Please review your drop rate of the end-of-round new PvP mods. I seem to get the common rifle ones (Loose Hatch, Maximum Capacity) and the pistol ones ( Loose Magazine, Full Capacity) pretty much every game. I've gotten 1 of the Rare pistol ones (Blind Shot)and none of the other uncommon or rares nor ANY shotgun mods. I can't believe this is the intended design.

My list is identical. I do not know anyone to receive a shotgun mod yet. I'm guessing they are missing from loot table because I've completed around 50 missions since patch.

Edited by Educated_Beast

My list is identical. I do not know anyone to receive a shotgun mod yet. I'm guessing they are missing from loot table because I've completed around 50 missions since patch.

Just thinking...have you been playing all the Conclave modes?  CTF, TDM, and DM?  Cuz...I was just thinking that maybe DE divided the mod drops between mission types and didn't tell anyone.

Just thinking...have you been playing all the Conclave modes?  CTF, TDM, and DM?  Cuz...I was just thinking that maybe DE divided the mod drops between mission types and didn't tell anyone.

I had the same idea and tried some Capture the Cephalon. It seemed to drop the same mods as the other game types.

I'm not sure if Conclave shotgun mods exist at all at this point...

I've been trying to stay for the full round every match (even if there's the players abusing the bug for infinite ammo on the enemy team, which I would normally leave), and I've gotten a total of 4 different mods. I bet you can guess which ones those are...

The new drop rates are ridiculous and unnecessarily raise the bar for entry to pvp. You want new pve players to try pvp and stick with it? Make the drop rates fair or simply allow a guaranteed way to gain essential pvp mods.

Whereas before pve players could jump right in to pvp and simply be missing out on Tenshin mods, suddenly they can hardly use any mods at all and are missing out on generic pvp mods.

Many of these generic pvp mods are essential. For example, projectile weapons are nearly useless without shot speed increase (uncommon), and every single weapon gains a dps boost over distance given the anti recoil mod (rare!).

Here are my findings so far:

13 maximum capacity (35%)

7 loose hatch (19%)

2 lucky shot* (5%) UNCOMMON

12 loose magazine (32%)

1 full capacity (3%)

2 hydraulic gauge (5%) RARE

I did not record data as I go, so therefore this list is missing fusion cores, credit bundles, and pve mods.

I am pretty sure that I used fuse duplicates to rank up my single full capacity mod. I assume that I actually had 12-13 just like maximum capacity/loose magazine.

I have found ZERO shotgun mods so far.

I win probably 60-80% of the matches I join. Both of my rare and uncommon drops were doubled due to me/my team winning.

I'd estimate that this data represents ~60-80 matches.

Edited by Pythadragon

The new drop rates are ridiculous and unnecessarily raise the bar for entry to pvp. You want new pve players to try pvp and stick with it? Make the drop rates fair or simply allow a guaranteed way to gain essential pvp mods.

Whereas before pve players could jump right in to pvp and simply be missing out on Tenshin mods, suddenly they can hardly use any mods at all and are missing out on generic pvp mods.

Many of these generic pvp mods are essential. For example, projectile weapons are nearly useless without shot speed increase (uncommon), and every single weapon gains a dps boost over distance given the anti recoil mod (rare!).

7 loose hatch (19%)

12 loose magazine (32%)

1 full capacity (3%)

I did not record data as I go, so therefore this list is missing fusion cores, credit bundles, and pve mods.

I am pretty sure that I used fuse duplicates to rank up my single full capacity mod. I assume that I actually had 12-13 just like maximum capacity/loose magazine.

I win probably 60-80% of the matches I join. Both of my rare and uncommon drops were doubled due to me/my team winning.

I suspect you got both of those (2)x Rares and Uncommons from winning a single match each where you get 2 of the same mod. My observed drop for those are much lower. Also Full capacity definitely is more common than those.

I suspect you got both of those (2)x Rares and Uncommons from winning a single match each where you get 2 of the same mod. My observed drop for those are much lower. Also Full capacity definitely is more common than those.

-snip-

7 loose hatch (19%)

12 loose magazine (32%)

1 full capacity (3%)

Yes.

Maximum Capacity- x24

Loose Hatch- x21

Lucky Shot- x2 (got as a single reward

Full Capacity- x15

Loose Magazine- x17

Blind Shot- x2 (got as a single reward)

is where I'm at in terms of rewards.

I've also got a bunch of Handspring,fast deflection, hush, fusion cores, etc but I'm not counting thost

Edited by 3thereal

Primarily CTC (since it gives faster rep gain per match and some matches can be very fast) but I do have some TDM sprinkled in (likely only 1 DM because I had the same thoughts and wanted to test). 

I also tried using shotgun to see if there was anything related to weapon used / mod earned, but nope - it just seems random. 

Edited by Educated_Beast

Primarily CTC (since it gives faster rep gain per match and some matches can be very fast) but I do have some TDM sprinkled in (likely only 1 DM because I had the same thoughts and wanted to test). 

I also tried using shotgun to see if there was anything related to weapon used / mod earned, but nope - it just seems random. 

I primarily played DM and TDM, seems faster to me than CTC since half the time is two people copter around the map with the cephalons. I also tried using shotguns for a bit to see if that changed anything, nope those mods seem to be omitted from the drop table.

Edited by 3thereal

7 loose hatch (19%)

12 loose magazine (32%)

1 full capacity (3%)

2 hydraulic gauge (3%) RARE
2 lucky shot* (3%) UNCOMMON

14 loose hatch (19%)

18 maximum capacity (24%)
19 full capacity (25%)

20 loose magazine (27%)

Total of 75 mods collected. (probably +10 full capacity not represented here)

My updated totals. Still ZERO shotgun mods. Something is definitely broken.

Maximum Capacity- x24

Loose Hatch- x21

Lucky Shot- x2 (got as a single reward

Full Capacity- x15

Loose Magazine- x17

Blind Shot- x2 (got as a single reward)

is where I'm at in terms of rewards.

I've also got a bunch of Handspring,fast deflection, hush, fusion cores, etc but I'm not counting thost

For fun, adding my data together with 3thereals:

Hydraulic Gauge: 2 (1%) RARE
Blind shot: 2 (1%) RARE

Lucky shot: 4 (3%) UNCOMMON

Full capacity: 34 (22%)

Loose hatch: 35 (22%)

Loose magazine: 37 (24%)

Max capacity: 42 (27%)

Total: 156 mods

Common to Uncommon/Rare ratio: 6 to 156 (3.8%..)

Together, I wouldn't be surprised if this represents greater than 200 or 300 games split between us.

I would not be surprised if anything that isn't a common mod has a 1% drop rate.

Edited by Pythadragon