Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Will Never Be A Good Boss Fight In This Game.

victor_victory

He's right. There are frames that just fall over from frailty. If it weren't for the complete reliance on warframes with overpowered CC abilities, half would just die in 2 hits from enemies around level 80.

The only reason level 80 is even part of a conversation is because frames are insanely OP. That being said, Warframe health wasn't and isn't the problem, and the OP didn't suggest that. Player health isn't what makes a boss die in 6 seconds.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

The only reason level 80 is even part of a conversation is because frames are insanely OP. That being said, Warframe health wasn't and isn't the problem, and the OP didn't suggest that. Player health isn't what makes a boss die in 6 seconds.

Dude, I was replying to the other guy making the mocking comment of "are we playing the same game?" I wasn't referring to bosses. And then he edited his comment. It seems I might have misinterpreted what he meant.

Edited by SicSlaver

Dude, I was replying to the other guy making the mocking comment of "are we playing the same game?" I wasn't referring to bosses. And then he edited his comment.

I didn't mock him. I thought his comment also take into the account of all those CC warframe have. Which makes it untrue.

I find Vindictus, Monster Hunter, Dark Souls or even some character action game bosses really fun! Wish we had those....

Instead we have to blow up some chimneys to make a boss vulnerable for some reason.

Edited by SicSlaver

Are we playing the same game?

if I'm posting on these forums, obviously i am. i play on xbox, clearly as my post says it does. 

the war frames, in my eyes, are not that powerful. an enemy at level 10 can kick the crap out of you. seriously, at every level(excluding high levels for obviously reasons) the enemy doesn't even have to scratch your shields to kill you. even my friends who play with me say that the enemy can be OP. and many others who I've played with say the same thing, I've been around for five months now and i have increased my weapon and mod arsenal greatly. but even that being said, its only tip the scale ever so marginally 

I whole heartedly agree. The enemies AI is not anywhere near a level to have that, nor is the game's mechanics anywhere near that. (Blocking/dodging, etc.)

And like you say, the only way to even make a Boss last more than a few seconds is to give it bullet sponge or invincibility frames.

But if DE does that people complain.

There can't be a good boss in an environment like Warframe.

I didn't mock him. I thought his comment also take into the account of all those CC warframe have. Which makes it untrue.

I'm speaking in general dude. all the war frames can be taken down so easily now, rhino's iron skin is pathetic. even with power strength mods, it sucks! i don't know why they even keep it on rhino now. the only two powers that help are rhino stomp and roar(obvious reasons). 

i love this game, don't get me wrong guys. i enjoy it so much. and i get that DE wants more co-op play(from what it feels like) between players, but you don't do that giving the enemy the ability to smack the crap out of you even at low levels without even touching your shields. you create challenges, that require more people to get the job done. like the raids obviously and other missions too, with equal reward for the challenge presented. I'm all for challenges, but not when the enemy can put me on the ground in three seconds from what appears to be 100 meters with a chain gun or a submachine gun that shouldn't be able to hit you with a 99.9% accuracy and status chance with damage? those types of guns shouldn't be that accurate at ranges close to 100 meters, everyone knows that! and yet they are, which completely throws long range protection out the window. at least thats what i keep experiencing with my game plays.

There can't be a good boss in an environment like Warframe.

I fear that this is indeed the truth. Sure, a lot of players don't have any problem with the current stable of boss encounters. It does seem to be the case that those of us looking for a slightly more sophisticated experience are doomed to eternal frustration.

The damage is the worst part of it. If that would be reworked to a point where it wasn't so freakin' insane to be able to kill anything in a shot and a half, then we'd be able to work on making the mechanics more intensive and interesting. Alad V SHOULD be a fun fight - bring down Alad's shields and keep them down so Zanuka becomes vulnerable, but because of insane damage all we do is shoot Alad til he drops and then finish off Zanuka half-a-second later. And there are SO many more intrinsic possibilities for fun mechanics - specialized adds, getting the environment worked in.

DE, IGNORE THE PLAYERBASE, go in, work on Damage 3.0. Get RID of the damage-scaling mods to have damage scale with weapon level and turn the elemental mods into ones that add a flat-but-realistic amount of elemental damage to weapons.

I actually agree with you here, but it would still take a lot more than just what's said here. There would still have to be iFrame stages for bosses, or things similar to only X damage type can hurt them, etc.

Then Snipers would have to be changed, and melee completely revamped again.

Warframe armor scaling needs to also be looked at, since unless you have a very high amount the armor stat is useless.

There's a lot to do, but I agree with you here.

Ah, Alad V. I remember that I actually suggested a change in how toxin damage works and that it should not bypass shields, so that shields could actually be a thing to worry about. But other players were like "I like it as it is" and "please no need to nerf toxin", so shields will never be a thing. Shields are totally not a thing at the moment to be even worried about and have become an obsolete mechanic whereas they could have done something cool with it instead of this invulnerability crap.

Edited by SicSlaver