Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Best Team

(PSN)Rapnoob

Our core four consisted of Mirage (CC), Trinity (Support), Loki (Carrier) and Nyx (Hek Distractor), those four frames are the best you can take, even for four-player raid.

The other four, we usually pick Slow Nova, Defense Frost, or additional Loki.

Edited by Twilight053

- Four Corrosive Auras, 2 Regen HP, 2 Regen Energy.

- Blinder Mirage

- Frost for snowballs to buy time to kill off nullifier drones that disable blind

- Trinity or two for energy regen and heals

- Valkyr ... Cause invulnerable resser can be worth a lot. :)

Rest then depends on the preferences of your team. Battery carriers, expert hackers, Novas for slow and teleport, ...

Every time I try to join a raid with my Chroma people complain. I don't understand the hate people have for this frame. It's perfect for this raid.

-Highest armor in the game

-Vex armor can raise Chroma's armor to over 3000

-Elemental Ward provides all kind of ally offensive and defensive boosts

I realize there are certain frames that are a must(Slow Nova, Trinity) but Chroma is a perfect tank to have along and stay on their feet while everyone else is dying. I can survive MUCH easier with my Chroma than my 3-forma'd Rhino Prime.

the best build that i have seen especially for nightmare where ppl drop randomly is 2 of Trin (both ev), 2 Loki, 2 vaubaun, and 2 necro with soul survivor aug.  if someone goes down the necros can insta revive ranged meaning they dont have to get off their pads in the second part (both puzzle and hijack)and with 2 vaubauns you can get more coverage of bastiles we can run this build in 20 min consistently longest part is puzzle just bc it takes time.

did lots of runs with buds in following config: 1 EV Trinity, 1 max eff/radius Banshee, 1 slow Nova, 1 prism Mirage, 2 Loki, 1 radius/duration Vauban. oh, and Valkyr just in case. Really if everything is CCd with this, no need for Blessing Trinity, but its kinda picky to heal people when Vay Hek puts his face all over people's healthbars.

Also did NM raid with just EV trin, Banshee, Nova, Valkyr and Loki no prob, AFAIR, but then we decided in this way we could do better with Mirage instead of Loki for example.

2 trinity (1 EV and 1 bless or both EV), 1 mirage prism blind, 2 loki primes with primed flow, 1 frost, 1 slow nova, 1 Vauban bastille spam

That is what my team rolled with.

I did the Booben though instead of Loki Prime since my P Flow was not maxed that time (R9 only).

Grr.

Edited by fatpig84

Every time I try to join a raid with my Chroma people complain. I don't understand the hate people have for this frame. It's perfect for this raid.

I realize there are certain frames that are a must(Slow Nova, Trinity) but Chroma is a perfect tank to have along and stay on their feet while everyone else is dying. I can survive MUCH easier with my Chroma than my 3-forma'd Rhino Prime.

1.) Valkyr has more armor base, more with steel fiber, only with vex armor and elemental ward can chroma get more than her. and she also has god mode invincibility. and war cry can buff her armor to similar levels.

2.) Vex armor requires you to take damage to become powerful. the inital damage could very well kill you, and this skill encourages risky play when you should be aiming to neutralize the threats via molecular prime/radial disarm. killing just causes respawns.

3.)Elemental ward provides decent buffs yes, but the range on it is CRAP. sure, you can build a range build to get the buff onto allies that are standing near you instead of on you, but doing so takes away mod slots that could be used for duration. and range destroys power strength which weakens the vex armor buffs, as well as the strength of the elemental ward buffs.

that is why people dont like people bringing chromas. great character, but his risky playstyle, lack of crowd control, and smallish energy pool make him serve no real function in the raid. 

Edited by (PS4)Lethalbman10119

1.) Valkyr has more armor base, more with steel fiber, only with vex armor and elemental ward can chroma get more than her. and she also has god mode invincibility. and war cry can buff her armor to similar levels.

2.) Vex armor requires you to take damage to become powerful. the inital damage could very well kill you, and this skill encourages risky play when you should be aiming to neutralize the threats via molecular prime/radial disarm. killing just causes respawns.

3.)Elemental ward provides decent buffs yes, but the range on it is CRAP. sure, you can build a range build to get the buff onto allies that are standing near you instead of on you, but doing so takes away mod slots that could be used for duration. and range destroys power strength which weakens the vex armor buffs, as well as the strength of the elemental ward buffs.

that is why people dont like people bringing chromas. great character, but his risky playstyle, lack of crowd control, and smallish energy pool make him serve no real function in the raid. 

Vex armor is easy to max out without risking death. I do it all the time. And I keep hear that; that Chroma serves no real function in the raid. Yet when things get hairy on the very last part with Van Heyk and I'm the only one not bleeding out, or when someone screws up the yellow disk part and they fry everyone to death except me, allowing me to revive some people, that statement doesn't seem very accurate.

With my build I'm basically running around with about 3,375 armor, boosted shields, and an automatic electrified shield that stun locks enemies of any level. I'd say that's about as solid a tank as you can get in warframe.

Edited by (PS4)GenericMind

One of the best teams I had was:

- Irradiating Disarm Loki

- EV Trinity (me)

- Mirage

- Slow Nova

- Limbo

- GMag

- Chill Globe Frost

- Rhino

We blazed through nightmare raid without breaking a sweat. You just have to be organized. You have to know what you're doing, and be organized. That's the key.

Vex armor is easy to max out without risking death. I do it all the time. And I keep hear that; that Chroma serves no real function in the raid. Yet when things get hairy on the very last part with Van Heyk and I'm the only one not bleeding out, or when someone screws up the yellow disk part and they fry everyone to death except me, allowing me to revive some people, that statement doesn't seem very accurate.

With my build I'm basically running around with about 3,375 armor, boosted shields, and an automatic electrified shield that stun locks enemies of any level. I'd say that's about as solid a tank as you can get in warframe.

Valkyr offers everything chroma does, and more. High armor, health, armor buff (with hers not requiring taking damage). her armor buff also slows nearby enemies and increases attack speed. add onto this she has her invincibility.  im not saying hes not a good frame, he is. im also not saying he cant help in the raid, because he can. but the reason people dont like him on raids is because a valkyr would fill the same roll better, and he cant fill any other roll than tank. Rhino can act as off tank/ emergency crowd control. valkyrs the better main tank. frost can create a globe that defends others and himself.

I'd take electric elemental ward over rhino stomp any day. The electricity arc stun locks enemies just like rhino stomp does, except the arc is passive and does its thing automatically the whole time it's running.

I'll give you that Valkyr may be a better choice over Chroma, but definitely not Rhino. Enemies on that raid tear through iron skin like nothing.

While having chroma doesn't really hurt much to have, saying it's a great tank that is able to stay alive, valkyr does it best, but I can understand you liking to play as Chroma. I am not trying to vent or anything, just want to clarify why people would complain. Chroma in my opinion is not all that great for raid, but not too bad either, but saying perfect for raid, having massive armor buffs, doesn't compare to the invincible valkyr.

Yeah I understand. It's just frustrating for people to complain constantly because there's a Chroma in the squad when in reality, anyone that can survive and actually knows what the heck they're doing is infinitely more valuable to the team's success than having a Valkyr instead of a Chroma. It's been downright impossible to find a full 8-person team that's competent enough to get all the way through and also doesn't demand you run a different frame.

For 4 man normal or nightmare raid I used this team 4-man nightmare raid trinity, nova, mirage and valkyr and it worked perfectly doing raids with less than 8 people is actually more efficient and faster as long as people know what they should be doing and the roles they will play.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

Did a nightmare raid in 30mins with 5 people:

-Mirage

-Trinity

-Loki

-Nova

-Frost

------------

For normal raid, we done it with 4 people:

-Loki

-Nova

-Mirage

-Limbo

Energy was abit of a problem but its perfectly doable. Just bring pads.

Just a small tip: bring quick thinking. You have no idea how many times that has saved me from going down.

Edited by 321agemo