The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Answer Us! Will You Buff Any Contents Inside The Founder Pack?

tripletriple

mage tank? whut lol the duration boost is so little that i don't think it's worth it to even bother giving it a boost

My opinions on stat boost to skins is entirely what I think would be appropriate, and not what DE would necessarily do if they decide to implement this idea. The idea is that the skin is optional, and not entirely needed, much like Arcane Helmets.

My opinions on stat boost to skins is entirely what I think would be appropriate, and not what DE would necessarily do if they decide to implement this idea. The idea is that the skin is optional, and not entirely needed, much like Arcane Helmets.

although the arcane's also had negative effects, the stat boosts were enough to be useful, but at the same time the stats were small enough to not really be game changing. 1 second duration won't be worth it at all

although the arcane's also had negative effects, the stat boosts were enough to be useful, but at the same time the stats were small enough to not really be game changing. 1 second duration won't be worth it at all

Remember that these boosts won't work on Prime frames, but stack with Arcane helmets.

Edited by Prometheium

All right, here we go. Just to collate all this into a single process with several different approaches.

1. Buff Excal Prime and all the old primes to be in line with the new ones (possibly including those with older, weaker buffs; I would prefer having all buffs more or less on the same level).

2. Give Proto Excal the same buff as Excal Prime, not stacking with Excal Prime's default - it's probably not an additive buff anyway, but a "set stats to xyz" replacement, so it shouldn't give any conflict.

3. Several options.

3a. Make Proto Excal available year-round. Doesn't solve the plat issue.

3b. Make it a Baro item and refund the plat to those who purchased him.

3c. Release some sort of Prisma/alternate farmed skin that does the same thing as Proto and find a way to not wreck the lore.

3d. As with 3c, but with equivalents for other frames like what's being discussed above. My issue here is that they might need to rethink the whole structure of Prime Warframes, because overbuffing skins makes prime farming pointless and overbuffing primes makes skin buffing pointless.

3e. Don't release any alternative at all and just keep telling people to deal. Salt intensifies. Forums S#&$ themselves with rage. Founders get more hate. Almost certainly not a realistic option because it's not a solution.

3f. ???

4. Stop caring about the people who complain about Excal Prime just because Excal Prime, because a valid statistical alternative exists and so they don't matter. You're never going to shut everyone up anyway. Even if they rereleased Excal/Skana/Lato into the drop tables tomorrow people would move to complaints that primes have buffs or something.

5. Profit.

Note that buffing the first primes is a baseline. Whichever option is taken, I would very much prefer that to be the first step.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

that was my whole point though. on frames like rhino prime who hardly have any advantage, giving the vanilla frame a skin that does that will actually put it over it's prime variant

Ah, the point is to separate the buffs apart from the prime versions. Okay updated example.

For example:

Rhino Prime has 10 more energy at the cost of 0.1 movement speed

Loki: 20 more health at the cost of 10% less duration.

Note that these affects add to their base stats and can be modified through mods. Their negative affects will not be increased, but can be decreased by mods too.

Edited by Prometheium

i think there is that rumored skin that was shown when the boltace were first shown off

That was just Excal with NO textures or skins....Steve even said right before they showed that clip "Don't ask for it,it's only Excal With nothing on." To which the entire channel started making naked excal jokes...

I personally find it HILARIOUS that people who are not founders say no....as if it affects you in any way.

Fact is that Excal Prime IS a Prime so he SHOULD be on even terms with ALL Primes,period.

I say leave the weapons alone...They're mastery fodder at this point (for many,not all,but many),as better weapons exist and will keep coming.

Other frames get buffs when they're Primed so Excal should too...his Exclusive status being ONLY for how he was obtained.

I'll keep using mine regardless,but my OPINION is that he should be on even terms with EVERY Prime.

I agree with this guy, even if I can never get excal prime , its just right

I don't play Excal myself, so I'd be happy if I could research the Mastery from the few items I missed.

But if Excal Prime ever gets buffed, then I want Excal players to have the "I upgraded my favourite frame to a better version!" feeling that some can do currently and all the others will no doubt get in the future.

And that can only happen if they get a new version of Excal to use. Imagine it--Darvo sends you a message--he was trying to work out just what prisma crystals are and how they work, and then... bam. Prisma Excalibur.

"Tenno, a word. There was an... ah, an accident, if you will. There was quite a lot of fire at the time, but hey--new product."

And before anyone says anything, it doesn't need to be as strong as Excal Prime (if it gets buffed), just stronger than the standard one.

Those other primes needs to be fixed as well. Excalibur prime should have an advantage over its counterpart, it is a prime after all. Not having it or being unable to obtain it anymore is not an argument sorry. Buffing EP wouldn't hurt anyone. It would only hurt the feelings of those who are overly jealous and selfish. 

no, that would be an unfair edge over the ones that love excalibur and cant have him in his full strength. Selfish and overly jealous would be the founders if everyone would have access to excalibur prime. Quite selfish when founders dont want to "share" (not that its yours) excal prime no? And again, yours was a prime access pack differently named, by your rule, everyone that have bought an access pack should have some edge over those who have not. That is pay  to win, warframe is not such game, they have stated it a thousand times such thing. Again, if they would buff excal prime over vanilla excal, they would have to release excalP publicly or a lot of people would start complaining and leaving cuz that would be the first step toward pay2win, and DE doesn't want that. 

Yes buff it and they should release founders pack too while they're at it.

no, that would be an unfair edge over the ones that love excalibur and cant have him in his full strength. Selfish and overly jealous would be the founders if everyone would have access to excalibur prime. Quite selfish when founders dont want to "share" (not that its yours) excal prime no? And again, yours was a prime access pack differently named, by your rule, everyone that have bought an access pack should have some edge over those who have not. That is pay  to win, warframe is not such game, they have stated it a thousand times such thing. Again, if they would buff excal prime over vanilla excal, they would have to release excalP publicly or a lot of people would start complaining and leaving cuz that would be the first step toward pay2win, and DE doesn't want that. 

Sigh

Go to previous pages to see why this argument is invalid.

Sigh

no i dont have to go to previous pages to see why its "invalid", cuz its not invalid. Its like if i buy a collectors car from mercedes for example, 3 years later they release a better one than then one i have and suddenly i go and demand them to make my car as good as the new one cuz mine is exclusive and it should be if not the best, in line with the best. Mercedes would tell you to buy the new one. "B but i payed for it and itz excluziaiv, its not even the same model" they dont care, you got a one time limited exclusive collection car, not a lifetime reliable top of the edge car.

Sigh

*sigh*

You know what else is on previous pages? The part where some of us were talking about ways to give regular players a buffed Excal without giving them Excal Prime. I even made an outline for it.

And that argument is apparently exactly the one DE has been following from the start, which is why the founder primes still haven't gotten any buffs. People just saying "nope, invalid" without offering any actual solutions besides "screw everyone else" won't make DE magically change their minds.

29 pages.

Not one DE comment.

Think it's time to give up.

This thread is really going no where fast.

If Primes get a small buff for being "Primed."  Then Excal can get one too.

That's my opinion.  If I wasn't a founder I'd say the same thing.   You know why?  Because it's possible that small buff could help Excal..HELP ME when we're in a mission TOGETHER.

Because it's a TEAM GAME.  :^)

Buff Trinity 2015

S A R Y N B O Y Z

C H R O M A G A N G 

Squad.

29 pages.

Not one DE comment.

Think it's time to give up.

This thread is really going no where fast.

If Primes get a small buff for being "Primed."  Then Excal can get one too.

That's my opinion.  If I wasn't a founder I'd say the same thing.   You know why?  Because it's possible that small buff could help Excal..HELP ME when we're in a mission TOGETHER.

Because it's a TEAM GAME.  :^)

Buff Trinity 2015

S A R Y N B O Y Z

C H R O M A G A N G 

Squad.

it would only help excal P players. Lets have a look on a potential excalP buff. 

Recruiting. A lot of players playing with vanilla excal cuz they didnt have the money/chance to get excalP

H voidwhatever NEED 1 EXCAL P

H raidwhatever NEED 1 EXCAL P

H whateverwhatever NEED 3 MORE EXCAL P

meanwhile the people playing vanilla excal will be forced to or solo stuff or change frames and never touch their favorite frame again. 

That is unlikely to happen. End of it.

it would only help excal P players. Lets have a look on a potential excalP buff. 

Recruiting. A lot of players playing with vanilla excal cuz they didnt have the money/chance to get excalP

meanwhile the people playing vanilla excal will be forced to or solo stuff or change frames and never touch their favorite frame again. 

Soooo.......lets say he gets a small health buff...that extra 100hp could help in any mission....if you think a small buff like that would force people to request excal p..you are living in a dismal fantasy land sir.

Don't you think you're exaggerating a little?