Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Answer Us! Will You Buff Any Contents Inside The Founder Pack?

tripletriple

I'd also like to note that Primed Chamber is hella exclusive, and yet vastly more powerful than what the rest of us plebs got in Charged Chamber, where's your complaints for that?

the difference is that i can buy primed chamber from someone or i can win it in some event (rebecca stated that primed chamber would return someday as an event reward) 

Excalibur Prime is not achievable. 

the difference is that i can buy primed chamber from someone or i can win it in some event (rebecca stated that primed chamber would return someday as an event reward) 

Excalibur Prime is not achievable. 

They've said that a few times over the years, or made light obtuse comments on it.  But not having actually done so, I would throw that in the bin of 'said and not done'.  At least it has company.

That said, there are far fewer of the mod than there are founders, so just saying you can throw 80 bucks worth of plat to maybe nab one of the few floating around isn't a good rebuttal either.

They've said that a few times over the years, or made light obtuse comments on it.  But not having actually done so, I would throw that in the bin of 'said and not done'.  At least it has company.

That said, there are far fewer of the mod than there are founders, so just saying you can throw 80 bucks worth of plat to maybe nab one of the few floating around isn't a good rebuttal either.

but you CAN do it if you want/have the ways/enough patience. And please dont say you would throw that in the bin of said and not done, cuz you dont actually know if i have it or not. There are a lot of people that are not willing to sell their primed chamber. But primed chamber can be bought with plats, can be traded even for any other rare mod if the owner agrees with it. Thats the difference. The possibility, you CAN obtain primed chamber, but you CANNOT obtain excal P

I think most posters are missing the point here, even the moderator.  Yes, obviously he'll be getting the new Excalibur kit.  That has nothing to do with the question presented.  Even during the 'rework' of Ember did DE finally go back and give her Prime version some sort of stat buff over normal version, there is no reason for both Excalibur, and later Frost to get the same treatment, as they are statistically (and honestly, aesthetically) identical to their normal counterparts.

I don't think this is just some 'founder' issue, even though ultimately it will only affect founders, no, its a consistency issue.

I'd also like to note that Primed Chamber is hella exclusive, and yet vastly more powerful than what the rest of us plebs got in Charged Chamber, where's your complaints for that?

Well, did you read my posts? I wrote some very detailed outlines of the actual situation and proposed solutions. Repeatedly.

As for Primed Chamber, I don't like that situation either. But as far as balancing goes, and starting entirely new threads for it, I have so many other projects I'm working on that it didn't particularly register as high priority. If I ever tackle that sort of thing I'll be sure to cover it just as extensively.

-snip-

Thank you for taking the time to point that out, I guess I was stuck in a "make everyone happy" rut there lol

I think now, the only issue I'd have with a 3rd Excal is that he'd be put in purely to appease the masses and nothing else.  I think I mentioned it here but it may have been another thread, one solution was to have a mini event to introduce a 3rd variant so that he was compatible with the lore as well as make it clear we couldn't do the same for the other 'frames.

Some kind of "We found an Excal that was experimented on by the Sentiants but because we blew them up, we can't do the same to the other 'frames." kind of thing.

Sorry, just tossing in a compensation 'frame makes me twitch.

Thank you for taking the time to point that out, I guess I was stuck in a "make everyone happy" rut there lol

I think now, the only issue I'd have with a 3rd Excal is that he'd be put in purely to appease the masses and nothing else.  I think I mentioned it here but it may have been another thread, one solution was to have a mini event to introduce a 3rd variant so that he was compatible with the lore as well as make it clear we couldn't do the same for the other 'frames.

Some kind of "We found an Excal that was experimented on by the Sentiants but because we blew them up, we can't do the same to the other 'frames." kind of thing.

That was the buff to Excal Proto skin proposed.

I enjoy reading the forums and seldom post but after reading 34 pages of this discussion I decided I wanted to chip in.

I prefer if they would "buff" improve Exca Prime looks and design to be on par with the current Prime frames (Looking at you sexy beast loki Prime).  I would prefer if they buff both the normal version and Exca Prime together at the same time.

When it comes to Skana Prime and Lato Prime I would say buff them to make them usable not OP like some of the top tier weapons but just usable thats all I ask.  To be honest with the current choices of melee and secondary weapons out now nobody uses Skana and Lato anymore as they are just a Mastery fodder.

In Summary I  hope they could greatly improve Exca Prime looks and model detail as he looks very plain now, maybe give him gold trimings or blings. 

Make Skana Prime and Lato Prime usable but not strong enough to complete with the top tier weapons so people cannot complain that they p2w items.

I agree that the terms "Prime Frames, Prime Weapons" has changed from looks to being a powerful version of the normal counter part, I believe that buffing the 2 most weakest weapons to be usable can be justified.

I did see that. I've already mentioned using an event or quest (well, not my idea, but I read it from someone here and thought it was great) or something to introduce some alternate variant and I still think that's the best option. I care too much about the lore to be content with my Super Excalibur just being thrown into a drop table with no explanation.

That was the buff to Excal Proto skin proposed.

Also noted this - Proto skin would work, but I would say its access requirements should be changed to one that isn't plat-only and once a year. Besides platwalling the skin, there's also the issue that Proto Excal is also implemented in a way that has no connection to the lore, so in that context it's not much better than just releasing a third variant. A Dex thing would be similarly anniversary-restricted (and the Dex label really doesn't have any context outside being Lotus' anniversary gifts), but while Proto is currently a Dark Sector easter egg at most, it could be worked into lore quite well. Of course, there would be plat refunds as a matter of course (we have seen that DE can track things like not receiving event rewards, after all).

Not very in-tune with the status of Founder's equipments.

Did the Prime Lato and Prime Skana not receive buffs along with their base variants?

If so... Why would you guys need a buff for anything else? They're already better than the base variants, but those weapons aren't made to be for the elites, they're still just glorified starter equipment.

Not very in-tune with the status of Founder's equipments.

Did the Prime Lato and Prime Skana not receive buffs along with their base variants?

If so... Why would you guys need a buff for anything else? They're already better than the base variants, but those weapons aren't made to be for the elites, they're still just glorified starter equipment.

Quite the opposite. Both the regular and Primed variants received several nerfs some time ago, followed by a "compensation buff" that basically just "sponged off" the nerfs, for some reason that escapes any logic. The Lato is the one that suffered the most, at least the Skana has a Syndicate mod thet allows it to go from "utter crap" to "meh I can use that on low-to-mid-level enemies if I have nothing else in my inventory".

I get the whole "starter gear" excuse (though it's kinda weak and overused), but in a game like this one, the notion of starter gear kinda shot itself in the foot a while ago... Not to mention, we have the MK-1 versions that actually are the starter weapons now. Buffing both the regular and Primed variants is only logical here. Then again, considering how logic really isn't a thing in WarGUNS, I wonder why any of us even try sometimes...

Edited by Marthrym

Poor consoles...

well founder stuff cant even be used at consoles and consoles already have their own console exclusive skin packs, not to mention there is a quite few pc players that have founders compared to how many pc players there are.

That is a largely biased and inaccurate portrayal. You asked 10 people? Your entire argument is null and based on your group of friends. You do not speak for anyone except for yourself. Many non founders agree it is the right thing to buff excalibur prime in line with the others. This thread is proof of that. It is laughable to think a 25 armor buff on excalibur prime would enrage players as if it effects them in anyway or hinders their ability to play in anyway.

P2W is not exclusive content. It is when you NEED to pay to win or the gap between non payers and paying players is huge. 25 extra armor does not cut it.

Your right my sample size is small but it isn't just the 10 people I have talked to more since then and the trend seems to be pretty consistent that your every day rank and file player. The ones that don't troll the boards and the vast majority of them don't like the idea of buffing founder exclusive content. Even this thread it is pretty clear that pretty much every founder wants the buff but the non-founders are overwhelmingly against it.