Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Answer Us! Will You Buff Any Contents Inside The Founder Pack?

tripletriple

except the fact that DE can get in legal trouble for rereleasing excal.

Legal trouble ? I just can imagine  the curt hearing : Judge , I demand reparations ! now my favorite character in an online game is no longer only mine , but everyone got it !

Don't be ridicolous, if De want , they can ban your account in any moment. Nothing on your account is really yours. You gave them this power by subscribing the agreement contract, and in the same contract u accepted the clause in which "De reserve to themselves the right to change at any time any aspect of the game."

Good Luck with your lawsuit.

Eh.  Excal Prime buffs shouldn't even be considered before his rework.  If they're gonna make it an improvement, that's OK - though they should allow some way for non-founders to upgrade their regular Excals to equivalence statwise, just without the bling.

I think we'd all be better off if DE were to firmly decide if Prime frames were supposed to be considerably better then their regular equivalent or not first though, cause it's already inconsistent.  Excal and Mag Prime aren't a whole lot better then their base versions.  Rhino Prime has a much larger gap vs Rhino though.

Weaponwise, meh.  Don't have Lato Prime, have Skana Prime though, and I'm not too depressed about it being primarily a showpiece.  It makes using it an additional statement - "Not only am I going to kill you, but I'm going to use it underpowered weapon to do it, cause you're not a threat."

If they were to be buffed, I'd prefer to have it set up so it's not a stronger version of the weapon per se, but rather that you could use the stats of a separate, readily available prime if you have it.  So, if you have a Dakra Prime and a Skana Prime, you could use the stats of the Dakra on the Skana.  Same thing with Lato and Lex (or another primed pistol).   That way non-founders can always go get the Dakra or Lex, making unobtainable claims moot, while letting the founders weapons be more then showpieces.

except the fact that DE can get in legal trouble for rereleasing excal.

Legal trouble is probably a stretch.  I'd expect most judges to be less then happy with you were you to actually sue.

The big problem DE faces with rereleasing Excal is that an awful lot of what they sell is dependent of promises for perceived value (Prime Accessories, for example).  And showing that their promises are worthless is not going to increase the sale price they can ask for those promises.

They really should just make the Skana and Lato primes skins, so that where they're as powerful as whatever Lato/Skana is currently the best. As for Excalibur Prime, a buff seems highly unlikely as that would mean non-founder players would be locked out of having access to a superior version of Excalibur.

Legal trouble ? I just can imagine the curt hearing : Judge , I demand reparations ! now my favorite character in an online game is no longer only mine , but everyone got it !

Don't be ridicolous, if De want , they can ban your account in any moment. Nothing on your account is really yours. You gave them this power by subscribing the agreement contract, and in the same contract u accepted the clause in which "De reserve to themselves the right to change at any time any aspect of the game."

It would go more like this:

Judge, I am suing DE for releasing content that I paid for that was advertised as exclusive.

Judge: Do you have evidence for this claim?

*shows screenshot of non founders with Excalibur Prime*

Judge:De must now compensate Founders who bought Excalibur Prime because of false advertising claims.

It isn't as funny, but it's a jell of a lot more accurate.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

Legal trouble ? I just can imagine  the curt hearing : Judge , I demand reparations ! now my favorite character in an online game is no longer only mine , but everyone got it !

have you ever heard of false advertisement? just look at what happened to redbull. they got sued for false advertisement cause they really didn't give you wings. if they got sued for something as stupid as that then DE isn't safe from it since founders gear was slated as "EXCLUSIVE" so even though they don't have a contract, they can get into legal trouble. quit trying to justify ignorance 

It would go more like this:

Judge, I am suing DE for releasing content that I paid for that was advertised as exclusive.

Judge: Do you have evidence for this claim?

*shows screenshot of non founders with Excalibur Prime*

Judge:De must now compensate Founders who bought Excalibur Prime because of false advertising claims.

It isn't as funny, but it's a jell of a lot more accurate.

lel the problems in your version are two:

1) they were exclusive. De never mentioned they would be exclusive "forever", and even if they did, "forever" has no sense in legal terms. Consumers bought the bundle , they got the bundle, they want exclusive items, they got them, but nothing stop De from releasing the bundle after a period of 3 years so no false advertising. 

2) As i told u in the moment u subscribe the agreement contract u lose every possibility of appeal in this matter cause you declare to be aware that in future may be radical changes to the game, which will also involve the objects of your purchase  

Edited by LordCloud00

1) they were exclusive. De never mentioned they would be exclusive "forever", and even if they did, "forever" has no sense in legal terms. Consumers bought the bundle , they got the bundle, they want exclusive items, they got them, but nothing stop De from releasing the bundle after a period of 3 years so no false advertising. 

2) As i told u in the moment u subscribe the agreement contract u lose every possibility of appeal in this matter cause you declare to be aware that in future may be radical changes to the game, which will also involve the objects of your purchase  

Actually, I'm pretty sure they said in no uncertain terms "Never available again."  Time to find the IWBM link...

Yeah.  "Never be available again."

https://web.archive.org/web/20130310105706/https://warframe.com/founders

there you go no quit with your ignorance

1) they were exclusive. De never mentioned they would be exclusive "forever", and even if they did, "forever" has no sense in legal terms. Consumers bought the bundle , they got the bundle, they want exclusive items, they got them, but nothing stop De from releasing the bundle after a period of 3 years so no false advertising.

See:any Bring back Excalibur Prime thread. DE is pretty firm on the stance that he will never return.

Yes, yes, DE can do whatever they want to our stuff. However, since there is another, similarly binding contract in the mix, Founders items are probably not going to be changed item wise.

Additionally, they didn't just pay for exclusive items. They paid for Prime items. Now that the definition of Prime has changed, the weapons and frame should change with it.

I think it'd be hilarious if the founders items got buffed.

Founders items get outstanding buffs, non founders rage quit because they can't kill anything or get the items that are killing everything, then founders get upset that no one will stay in a game with their founders items unless it's Draco.

I'm sure the upcoming underwater tilesets will just be normal tilesets flooded with everyones sweet, delicious tears.

there you go no quit with your ignorance

quoting :"forever" (/never) has no sense in legal terms, the maximum duration of a legally binding for a man is tied to his life,so being an undefined clause and moreover being contrary to the contractual one negative affects its effectiveness .

"there you go no quit with your ignorance"

See:any Bring back Excalibur Prime thread. DE is pretty firm on the stance that he will never return.

Yes, yes, DE can do whatever they want to our stuff. However, since there is another, similarly binding contract in the mix, Founders items are probably not going to be changed item wise.

Additionally, they didn't just pay for exclusive items. They paid for Prime items. Now that the definition of Prime has changed, the weapons and frame should change with it.

I like you !! :D

quoting :"forever" (/never) has no sense in legal terms, the maximum duration of a legally binding for a man is tied to his life,so being an undefined clause and moreover being contrary to the contractual one negative affects its effectiveness .

"there you go no quit with your ignorance"

you are the one who is continuing being ignorant. DE has stated Excal prime will never be rereleased in any way shape or formed and was advertised as much. any founder could sue DE if they were to release him to the public. and also by using your example of DE can do whatever they want to our items, they could very well leave excal exclusive and buff him as well

you are the one who is continuing being ignorant. DE has stated Excal prime will never be rereleased in any way shape or formed and was advertised as much. any founder could sue DE if they were to release him to the public. and also by using your example of DE can do whatever they want to our items, they could very well leave excal exclusive and buff him as well

my dear friend maybe u don't know what the word "ignorant" means. You are pretending that DE COULD NEVER release Excalibur Prime. I'm just trying to explain u that DE can do whatever they want. If they wanna buff him and keep exclusive , they can do it, if they wanna release it, they can do it. The unique reason that stops De from releasing Exca is the lost of credibility by future potential buyers, that seeing objects passed off as "exclusive" instead released (albeit much later) will no longer be willing to buy.

my dear friend maybe u don't know what the word "ignorant" means. You are pretending that DE COULD NEVER release Excalibur Prime. I'm just trying to explain u that DE can do whatever they want. If they wanna buff him and keep exclusive , they can do it, if they wanna release it, they can do it. The unique reason that stops De from releasing Exca is the lost of credibility by future potential buyers, that seeing objects passed off as "exclusive" instead released (albeit much later) will no longer be willing to buy.

So then, what's your point? Everyone knows this.

my dear friend maybe u don't know what the word "ignorant" means. You are pretending that DE COULD NEVER release Excalibur Prime. I'm just trying to explain u that DE can do whatever they want. If they wanna buff him and keep exclusive , they can do it, if they wanna release it, they can do it. The unique reason that stops De from releasing Exca is the lost of credibility by future potential buyers, that seeing objects passed off as "exclusive" instead released (albeit much later) will no longer be willing to buy.

DE is a company trying to make money. they need to market their product (this game) if they say that we are space ninjas that can melt enemies then that is how it was marketed. now lets say someone takes a step back and says, "hey there is no melting going on" that is false advertisement. (although a very poor anecdote) point is, if DE markets something and doesn't fulfill what they marketed, then there can be legal issues. going back to my previous example. Red bull was sued for false advertisement on the basis that the drink did not infact give you wings. ridiculous, yes,  however if a company can be sued for something as stupid as that, imagine how it will impact DE who marketed the founders items as exclusive and NEVER coming back (yes never, which was literally written on the page that you bought the packages from)

So then, what's your point? Everyone knows this.

lel

my point was to give an answer to the sentence : EXCALIBUR PRIME COULD NOT BE RELEASED CAUSE IF DE DO THIS , THEY GET LEGAL TROUBLE.

I've told him that De have no problems in legal terms, the only thing that stop them from doing one thing is just strategical commerce.

Is it clear or it needs more explanations?

Non-founder here.

Think while DE can do whatever they want, practically they know better and will never re-release the founder packs, which in turn means they won't buff them beyond non-prime specs. Best case already, stuff stays exclusive and no real reason for the rest of us plebs to whine cos' functionally they're almost the same equipment.

In short, less greedy milk. Don't ask for buffs to exclusive stuff, don't ask for re-release of exclusive stuff. Status quo is the way ahead. Maintain the balance. A sort of...yin-yang.

have you ever heard of false advertisement? just look at what happened to redbull. they got sued for false advertisement cause they really didn't give you wings. if they got sued for something as stupid as that then DE isn't safe from it since founders gear was slated as "EXCLUSIVE" so even though they don't have a contract, they can get into legal trouble. quit trying to justify ignorance 

You can sue DE, go on.

That doesn't mean you'll win or your case will hold up in a  court of law. And if you think it will, that's hilarious. As you clearly don't understand what you agreed to.

Legally speaking, DE owns the right to everything in anyone's account and can use it as they see fit.  If they want they can bring back excalibur prime by just using a loophole. They can release an Excalibur prime reskin that buffs stats that can be applied to normal excalibur.

See how easy it is? However DE values it's relationship with it's founders so they won't do something so low.

But don't even try to bring legality into this.

Edited by Buzkyl

DE is a company trying to make money. they need to market their product (this game) if they say that we are space ninjas that can melt enemies then that is how it was marketed. now lets say someone takes a step back and says, "hey there is no melting going on" that is false advertisement. (although a very poor anecdote) point is, if DE markets something and doesn't fulfill what they marketed, then there can be legal issues. going back to my previous example. Red bull was sued for false advertisement on the basis that the drink did not infact give you wings. ridiculous, yes,  however if a company can be sued for something as stupid as that, imagine how it will impact DE who marketed the founders items as exclusive and NEVER coming back (yes never, which was literally written on the page that you bought the packages from)

You use as a benchmark for false advertising an outstanding lawsuit against a multinational? LOL, man, behind that there were much larger interests of yours ... it is an  extreme case of exception (if not manipulated), which, moreover, so ridiculous, that the spot for redbull has changed only in america while in Europe it has remained the same. So according to u, now all the Europe can prosecute RedBull?

Do not make deductions, seeing things you do not understand and read more and collects infos before talking.