Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flat Armor Mod For Weaker Frames

LightstealKnight

A lot of frames and weapons could benefit from some flat base stat mods, like changing the current crappy status mods into flat +10~15 base status chance. It won't present much change for weapons with already high status chance but will be some use to weapons that have something around 10% status chance. 

@Noamuth - OP means +120, not +120%

Would benefit frames with low armor (anything under 100) more than Steel Fibre, but Steel Fibre would still benefit high armor frames more.

Edited by Egg_Chen

@Noamuth - OP means +120, not +120%

Would benefit frames with low armor (anything under 100) more than Steel Fibre, but Steel Fibre would still benefit high armor frames more.

He means 120 flat armor

Ah, my bad.  

steel fiber only gives you 110% of what ya got, it doesn't truly add to the base amount like they are saying, it like having 15 armor and steel fiber of 100%, you would be up to only 30 then. but if ya had a mod that added a base armor of 60, it would make that 15 into 75 instead.

Ah, my bad.  

If Valk got her mittens on this mod then wont power creep rise to new heights? 

Shes already tough, now shes even mowr tougher

Why not just buff existing armor of Warframes into something noticeable? say 100-200 as the lowest for light frames.

This, or an overhaul in Armor mechanics... Armor 2.0

Edited by H.Katsura_999

I think, instead of adding a flat armor mod, frames should have their armor increased in light of the changes brought by the new generations of frames; older frames have been left somewhat in the dust, and some I'm actually a little hesitant to use in high-rank stuff due to Slash and Toxin procs going straight through shields...which is especially problematic for those frames released without much Armor, because this was not a thing when they were made.

I think, instead of adding a flat armor mod, frames should have their armor increased in light of the changes brought by the new generations of frames; older frames have been left somewhat in the dust, and some I'm actually a little hesitant to use in high-rank stuff due to Slash and Toxin procs going straight through shields...which is especially problematic for those frames released without much Armor, because this was not a thing when they were made.

Slash and toxin procs ignore armor. If you got one of those procs from a hit to your shields, you're in for a world of hurt, no matter how much armor you have. A slash proc inflicted from a hit to health appear to be effected by armor, though, due to how the initial hit, which the proc damage is based off of, was reduced by armor.