Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Feels Like A One Trick Pony + Buff/changes

Doughalo2

Replace Rift surge with something that people would actually use (maybe a AoE shield regen over time effect for people in rift), and add a syndicate augment that allowed pickups to be picked up in cataclysm, and Limbo would be up there in the high and mighty team/support frames, as he should be.  

Edited by Zezakh

I have a thread on this, limbo needs massive buffs. Here are my suggestions:

• Boost cast animation speeds, he's a caster frame, so he shouldn't take forever to cast his abilities.

• Make rift walk animationless, like volt's speed. This would allow you to hop between dimensions at will, to be a true master of the rift

(running, slip into void and phase through missile, slip back, fill bombard head with buckshot)

• Give the rift some passives. Make all enemies in the rift take 200% damage from all sources, and give all allies +20% movement speed (think of it as pseudo slipspace) and give limbo 40-50% damage reduction while in the void.

• remove rift surge and replace it with something more cc oriented, like a stun for everything within a certain radius within the void.

• Make cataclysm send items to the rift too.

The idea with this is that limbo is an ordinary joe in the normal dimension, but a beast in the rift. Making him much more like a "master of the rift"

Just because he has a learning curve, that doesn't make him any less bad.

Nop, it does.

Other frames learning curve is like a kid learning to ride a bike.

Limbo learning curve is a 5 years degree in quantum physics, and no matter how hard we try the majority just doesn't get him.

Nop, it does.

Limbo learning curve is a 5 years degree in quantum physics, and no matter how hard we try the majority just doesn't get him.

I am sorry that was meant to be

"Just because he has a learning curve that doesn't mean he's any better"

If you have to dedicate so much time to 1 frame just for it to perform decently, something's wrong

Nop, it does.

It's true that Limbo needs a rework if nothing else than because it requires a lot of advanced thinking/strategy/practice to be truly good with Limbo. Even if he were great if you got past that learning curve, it's still a problem, because he requires such a different learning curve than the rest of the frames in the game. 

I find people who spent a lot of time playing things like Chess when they were young, tend to be good at frames like Limbo. But Warframe isn't chess... and it shouldn't require that kind of thinking. Limbo can be amazing, and like I've said in this thread, when I use my Limbo no one complains, but he takes a lot of strategizing and practice to get to that level. And you have to kind of understand how he can interfere with other players, and how to avoid/mitigate that and be a help instead of a bother. 

Not one of my main warframe's..

When I play Limbo, I only use this controllable 4-bang.  Still, I can dispense assurance that he's not a 1-trick-pony (actual active Limbo users will tell you the same)
How you use DoofyFrame depends on your playstyle.