Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hand Cannon Revolver

AkerTheSpjot

Or a ''.500 S&W Magnum'' if I wiki it right http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.500_S%26W_Magnum

As of recently, I've been trying to craft and use more weapons, adding more diversity to my arsenal, but had a hard time finding secondaries that I like. I thought of revolvers and there were : (Ak)Vasto, (Ak)Magnus and Vasto Prime, but they felt bland, and thought that we could use more revolvers. A Hand Cannon to be precise. I just love the design. That and the sound when it goes off

JTL-E_500_SampW_Magnum_12-_zpsd17e6678.j

Truth be told, I'm no firearms expert. I just play a lot of video games and a lot them involves shooting stuffs. In many of them, I usually come across a weapon called the ''Hand Cannon'', which is where I'm taking preferences from. As far as I know, it's (very) powerful, packs quite a kick, low firerate, low ammo capacity, accurate (from gameplay perspective)

Tried to come up with the stats :

Firerate : 1 round/sec

Magazine : 6 rounds/mag

Max ammo : 60 rounds

Reload time : 2s

Physical damage : 200

Impact : 50

Puncture : 140

Slash : 10

Crit chance : 15.0%

Crit Multiplier : 2.0x

Status chance : 10%

So, any thoughts, guys ?

Kotommi, on 10 Jun 2015 - 5:38 PM, said:

Oh I would very much like to see one, and with a revolver look.

Stats though

Firerate : 1 round/sec

Magazine : 6 rounds/mag\

Max ammo : 60 rounds

Reload time : 2s

Physical damage : 200 or even 230

Impact : 50

Puncture : 140/160

Slash : 10/20

Crit chance : 35.0%

Crit Multiplier : 2.0x

Status chance : 10%

Both Mareloks have base damage of 150, with firerate of 2 rounds/sec and reload of 1.7 seconds, Crit Multiplier is 1.5x. Vaykor has Status Chance increased from 30% to 35%, Crit Chance from 15% to 20% and magazine from 6 to 10.

In comparison the hand cannon would have to be a real hard hitting weapon due to slower fire rate, and reload speed. 15% Critical chance wouldn't really cut it and with double the firerate, Marelok would out-dps it quick.

I really love the idea of a slow hard hitting weapon, and this would be a good time to also add a Crit based sidearm like this.

Edit: Added numbers for alternative damages.

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

what about the vasto and marelok?

Vasto just don't feel heavy enough and the Marelok/Vaykor doesn't have the classic revolver look.

Vasto's older brother "Gigante"! [DE] Pl0x gib me big gun for pen0r compensation!

what about the vasto and marelok?

I mentioned the Vasto in my post, it felt quite bland. Ok damage. And I'd prefer a revolver with a punch and a kick

Not sure if the Marelok fits into revolver-type

Well apart from damage: Try the Lex Prime.

Their not revolvers but the lex weapons fit the hand cannon part, very heavy feeling shots.

True, but I'm talking about revolvers, guys

Personally I would rather have an actual hand cannon. A sidearm that is a cut-down anti-material weapon. We're talking 20-30mm armor piercing rounds with a 4m punchthrough. 1 shot, slow reload, massive recoil. But when it hits it hits HARD.

Stats though

Both Mareloks have base damage of 150, with firerate of 2 rounds/sec and reload of 1.7 seconds, Crit Multiplier is 1.5x. Vaykor has Status Chance increased from 30% to 35%, Crit Chance from 15% to 20% and magazine from 6 to 10.

In comparison the hand cannon would have to be a real hard hitting weapon due to slower fire rate, and reload speed. 15% Critical chance wouldn't really cut it and with double the firerate, Marelok would out-dps it quick.

I really love the idea of a slow hard hitting weapon, and this would be a good time to also add a Crit based sidearm like this.

Edited by Kotommi

Awesome idea.I would love to have a shiny revolver with a huge barrel and alot of punch.

It dont must be so long like the dual securion ones but yeah some nice length.

I absolutely support your idea. :)

To me Hand cannon revolver should look like this:

500px-Trigun0106.jpg

Revolver of vash the stampede from trigun anime/manga :).

^^^^^^^^THIS!!!

Edited by K0bra

Sounds like OP wants something like this:

https://youtu.be/yeXM3CmhB94

I would also love something like that.

500px-Trigun0106.jpg

Perfect.

Stats though

Thanks for your input, I'll add your suggestions to the OP.

Awesome idea.I would love to have a shiny revolver with a huge barrel and alot of punch.

It dont must be so long like the dual securion ones but yeah some nice length.

I absolutely support your idea. :)

^^^^^^^^THIS!!!

I really like this Idea and adding a revolver style hand cannon would be great.

I would like the gun to deal mainly impact damage so we could use the new event mod that DE gave us from the False Profit event. The ammo from hand cannons appear like slugs and would be really fitting to deal mainly impact damage consider the round they fire like so.....

cartridge_1_500.jpg

Maybe the I/P/S stats could be this:

Impact:      140

Puncture:  17.5

Slash:        17.5

Just an idea since I really would like to use every mod once in my secondary collection because I am all for side arms.

I really like this Idea and adding a revolver style hand cannon would be great.

I would like the gun to deal mainly impact damage so we could use the new event mod that DE gave us from the False Profit event. The ammo from hand cannons appear like slugs and would be really fitting to deal mainly impact damage consider the round they fire like so.....

cartridge_1_500.jpg

Maybe the I/P/S stats could be this:

Impact: 140

Puncture: 17.5

Slash: 17.5

Just an idea since I really would like to use every mod once in my secondary collection because I am all for side arms.

Despite all conveniences, cause I still keep the Impact set, Impact is a pretty terrible damage type at the moment, proc is good but only if you can do it often. And the HC was meant to have a low firerate.

Maybe it could work if it had a higher status chance, right ?

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

It could work if the cannon had a better status chance, which is true. I don't want this to turn into a "change how I/P/S works thread", but it would be nice if impact provided something besides a tiny stagger. If they do change it, I would love to have an impact gun to go with my slash and puncture side arms.

Final verdict: Impact damage would be cool for this gun but impact damage needs to do something a little more than what it does.

The Lex is a magnum.  It's just not a revolver.

Same fire rate and magazine size as your proposed stats, too.  Lower damage of course but asking for 200 damage from a pistol is a bit much.

Back in the day, though, Lex damage was considered extremely high for any weapon.

Edited by Holeypaladin

The Lex is a magnum. It's just not a revolver.

Same fire rate and magazine size as your proposed stats, too. Lower damage of course but asking for 200 damage from a pistol is a bit much.

Back in the day, though, Lex damage was considered extremely high for any weapon.

Well, that's the thing, the idea was that it's supposed to be powerful, and hence it was given low ammo capacity and low firerate, just so it could compete some of our well-known sidearms such as the Brakk and (Vaykor) Marelok, both of which already has decent firerate and high damage.

500px-Trigun0106.jpg

It looks like <redacted>.

The way the hammer is placed relative to the barrel, it'd cause the weapon to explode instead of shooting.

There have been a number of revolvers with the barrel mounted in the lower frame position--mostly for improved leverage against recoil. Hammer position doesn't mean much, since any modern revolver will have transfer bar ignition (S&W was the last holdout and they folded some years ago). Also, it might not be a conventional hammer and just be a cocking piece. Firearms engineering can get...exotic.

I haven't seen or heard mentioned the .50GI in years. It was the actual answer to the (borderline useless) question of, "Why carry a .45ACP?". "Because they don't make a .46ACP." No, instead a gunsmith made a .50ACP...sorta. I think it was Guncrafters that were ultimately responsible for this. The caveat is the further you get away from a gun's original design (and especially with the 1911 pistol) the more problems you're going to have with reliability and potentially durability.

In game terms, a handcannon is a one-hand held and employed shotgun. Yes, the Brakk is an example. And, moreover, the Brakk is a revolver--watch it work in action. It does have a rotating cylinder, although presumably from its (admittedly) abbreviated reload cycle, it's more in line with the Dar$&*^ pistol than a conventional revolver. Nevertheless, it does qualify as a revolving handcannon.

Edited by Sloan441