Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex And Water

MattM01

I know that the Amprex is extremely powerful already(after 5 or 6 Forma)but since it's an electrical based weapon should enemies in water be damaged if the player should shoot the amprex into the water? I understand if DE doesn't want to go that far b/c The Amprex is a great weapon and does some massive damage in the small area. It is balanced though b/c it eats ammo and has a rather short range. So does anyone at DE have an explanation?

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but water is actually a very poor conductor and the enemies wouldn't suffer much damage from you shooting the Amprex into the water they're standing in, versus just shooting them directly.

I don't think they can make the water conduct electricity, they can make it work like volt's overload if you shoot at or near any lights it will increase amprex damage but I doubt they would want to buff it up like that. Someone will complain and cause DE to nerf more S#&$.

I see both of your points and they are valid. In the actual physics aspect of it how quick does electricity weaken(depedig of the strenght of the electric source)vs the area it is put in in some form or manner? I get really annoyed when DE decides to debuff a weapon only b/c they want to bring a new weapon in. I can see it from their side as they want to make the game interesting and keep it evolving. The problem is when DE debuffs a weapon after people spend time in making it how they want it only to have it debuffed kind of sucks. I'm to the point where I try to see arguments from both sides as to get a better understanding and also a possiblity of coming to a compromise for both sides. On that note thank you for replying in a civil manner. Oh yeah does anyone else enjoy using the new Anku? I am having a blast with The Anku.

Clean water is not a good conductor yes, but high salt or minerals in water make it a very good conductor. 

I suspect that most of the water in Warframe would be conductive with the possible exception of that found in the Void.

Also, take into account that a spacecraft does not have a true ground like a planet and all sorts of possibilities can open up for electrical mahem and fun.

As some people mentioned, it's more the minerals in the water that would decide whether it is conductive or not. 

That said, I think having weapons and powers interact with the environment around them (example, Volt's overload destroying lights) would be interesting. I also think that the way Volt's overload works with lights and electronics needs a bit of a re-jiggering. 

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but water is actually a very poor conductor and the enemies wouldn't suffer much damage from you shooting the Amprex into the water they're standing in, versus just shooting them directly.

PURE water is a very bad conductor. The kind of water that Tenno see sure as heck isn't pure or clean

Also if it was a good conductor (like salt water is) then it would just conduct around you. Like in a car, the car is made out of metal which conducts well, so none of it goes into you.

You're forgetting that Amprex is using air as its current conductor.

Yes, pure water isn't a conductor, but the water in game is far from pure.

The unclean water is a much better conductor than the air. Therefore, you'll deliver a greater shock if you shoot into the water. Not to mention, in a much larger area.

If it wouldn't do that much damage it would be cool if it actually stunned enemies in a certain sized area. I don't realy see any negative comments so far just people working out the physics of the idea which is a very cool and positive thing. Thank you for the input and please keep it coming.