The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Know If It's Just Me, But.....

TheBrsrkr

I have quite a lot of things to do in Warframe right now. Grind for plat because I'm poor, get my Primed mods past 6, keep up my credits, manage my clan, Forma all the things, try out the Anku.... The possibilities are endless. Yet somehow, I end up standing in my Liset for over an hour doing absolutely nothing. Maybe I would use the Clan/Alliance/ region chat, stare at Trading for a while, try to find a non-meta squad in recruiting, but mostly just sit in the Liset and watch the ships go by. Am I burned out? No, I just came back from a break. The thing is, I'm enjoying it. Just talking to the people, hearing Ordis' witticisms for the hundredth time, seeing people trying to sell their parts or find a squad... just watching. Am I weird? Is this a common thing? Why are we even parked outside Grineer galleons? Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Perhaps you will enjoy this even more if you go to the Relay on Mercury. There is always someone there chatting. 

Anyway, I'm finding myself too staying more on the Liset (or in the Simulacrum testing builds) than in some dirty Galleon. But it's just the time between two Updates, nothing strange or new.

I have quite a lot of things to do in Warframe right now. Grind for plat because I'm poor, get my Primed mods past 6, keep up my credits, manage my clan, Forma all the things, try out the Anku.... The possibilities are endless. Yet somehow, I end up standing in my Liset for over an hour doing absolutely nothing. Maybe I would use the Clan/Alliance/ region chat, stare at Trading for a while, try to find a non-meta squad in recruiting, but mostly just sit in the Liset and watch the ships go by. Am I burned out? No, I just came back from a break. The thing is, I'm enjoying it. Just talking to the people, hearing Ordis' witticisms for the hundredth time, seeing people trying to sell their parts or find a squad... just watching. Am I weird? Is this a common thing? Why are we even parked outside Grineer galleons? Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

I would say... it's normal. Because this game is all about waiting, crafting a Frame takes 3 days, crafting a Weapon takes 12 or 24 hours, crafting a Forma (the thing that is used the most on almost all the stuffs) takes 24 hours, crafting a Crafting takes forever. So yeah, sometimes we just have to do nothing while waiting.

Sometimes I hang out for an hour or two in Region chat and try and answer questions in between the spates of drivel. Sometimes I read Trade trying to sell things, because despite the complainers, that's how you successfully sell things. Sometimes I absent-mindedly fiddle with Warframe while talking to somebody on VOIP.

But just... watch for the sake of watching? Not so much.

Sometimes I hang out for an hour or two in Region chat and try and answer questions in between the spates of drivel. Sometimes I read Trade trying to sell things, because despite the complainers, that's how you successfully sell things.

But just... watch for the sake of watching? Not so much.

Yeah, I do as this other tenno.

When someone ask me about Warframe, I always answer that it's the most binding game I ever played. I have almost all mods, I leveled almost everything except for few weapons (especially secondaries, I like to take my time), did everything I could... but I play since more than 2 years. 
I don't know how new player can handle this. There are so much things to do... I have no time to watch my Liset. 

I'm right there with you, currently.

Since being away for almost a year, there's a LOT to catch up on. I'm slowly working away at big piles of new mods, new weapons, archwing, trying the syndicates, learning about updated drop tables...

...but sometimes I just sit and chill. There's only so much a solo player can do, so fast. I'm mostly trying not to burn out, and partly waiting to see if this "finding a clan" business is going to work out.

Just sort of drifting leisurely through all the new stuff atm.

I find myself doing the same, maybe we're mentally just gathering data on how everything is flowing ie. trade prices, recruiting, etc.  also as mentioned above, just playing with modding.  I remember when I played Clash Of Clans, and its the same process of waiting to craft /upgrade something for days, knowing you have nothing u can do but still go in game just to stare ..It seems games that require time to craft things causes this a lot more..