Tone Down The "legendary" 1,000,000 Credit "legendary" Tax For "legendary" Mods

420degreequicksopeswag

(see what i did there)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_System

http://joxi.ru/823n5O6SYbwJmO

2000 credits for a common mod-reasonable

4000 credits for an uncommon mod-reasonable

8000 credits for a rare mod-reasonable

1,000,000 CREDITS FOR A LEGENDARY MOD.INSANE.

It must be toned down.

I'm guessing this tax is a remnant from back in the day, when the only legendary mod was a legendary fusion core. Nowadays, there are much more, primed flow, primed continuity, etc. Who are we paying these taxes to anyways? Lotus? Are the credits burned in the process?

1,000,000 credits is an insane amount, even for a veteran player.

The trading process is painful enough, we don't need to go through more bs.

-First I need to either trade stuff for plat, which takes tons of grinding and sacrifices to RNGsus, or buy plat. Some legendary mods cost 100's of plat.

-I need to FIND someone who is selling the mod i want, for a reasonable price(this can take a very long time)

-Now i need 1,000,000 credits?!!! Are you kding me m8??

Im assuming trade taxes exist to stop new players from instantly going pay2win mode and getting all the best stuff in the game instantly. Well, they fail in that respect, because primed mods are mostly luxuries that are unnecessary for most of the game. The trade taxes as they exist fail to stop anyone from just walking up to the trade chat and buying

-Maxed redirection

-Maxed Vitality

-Maxed serration

-Maxed hornet strike

-Maxed :

split chamber, lethal torrent, narrowmindedblindrageheavycalibersteelfibersentinelversionredirectionsentinelversionvitalitysentinelversionsteelfibergunslingerspeedtriggersanctuaryconstitutionvigorfortitudefleetingexpertisetransientfortitudeoverextendedhammershotshredhellschamberhighvoltagejoltvoltaicstrikevirulentscourgepistolpestilencemalignantforcethermiteroundsshellshockastraltwilightbleedingwillowbrutaltidecleavingwhirlwinddecisivejudgementcrushingruin etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

How about some delicious prime sets

Frost,volt,ember,loki,mag,nyx,nova,rhino,etc.etc.

All of this crazily op stuff to launch you to the end of the game, for probably less than a million credits in trade taxes because i am too lazy to look through the mess of text i just typed and do the math myself.

TLDR:

THE TAX FOR A LEGENDARY MOD IS TOO D@MN HIGH.

LOWER IT PLEASE.

Edit: AT LEAST LOWER THE TAX FOR AN UNRANKED/low rank PRIMED MOD

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

Maybe it's not about pay to win gating at all.  Maybe it's to be sure that veteran players don't just blow off Barok T'keer figuring it's easy enough to trade for it.

This way older players have good reason to buy from Barok instead of trade chat.  It's a strong motivation to sign in to check.  Also serves as a strong motivation to get your MR up so you can catch him on the higher tier relays, and a strong motivation to unlock your starmap so you can reach him instead of void camping and hitting trade.

If anything, we need much much higher taxes on ranked up mods.  A fully ranked rare should probably have a trade tax of a least 250k.

1,000,000 credits is an insane amount, even for a veteran player.

Except it's not, especially with the Dark Sector armistice. 1 million credits isn't all that difficult to obtain, and it's not uncommon to find veteran players with tens of millions of credits.

It's there to stop new players getting given them at the start, forcing them to earn them by putting in the time to either run the voids, or earn enough credits to do the trade. Yes it is a gating feature. The only other way they could do it would be to put mastery rank requirements on them.

It's there to stop new players getting given them at the start, forcing them to earn them by putting in the time to either run the voids, or earn enough credits to do the trade. Yes it is a gating feature. The only other way they could do it would be to put mastery rank requirements on them.

Mastery rank requirements could be a good change

ranks could be 6, 7, or 8

I got most of my mods max rank (R10 ones still not maxed cause i'm saving cores for primed point blank) before I was rank 5 using a decent lot of weapons (forma'd each 5 or so times too).

Its not about pay2win.

Its there to keep relatively high price on traded mods.

Since you wont exactly pay 1mil creds for something thats worth 5p.

There could just be a plat minimum/maximum

Credits on trades are fine, but jumping from 8,000 to 1mil is way to large of a boost in cost

if it was 2,000 5,000 10,000 100,000 it would be better

Edited by Vougue

There could just be a plat minimum/maximum

Credits on trades are fine, but jumping from 8,000 to 1mil is way to large of a boost in cost

if it was 2,000 5,000 10,000 100,000 it would be better

That restriction would simply give pay2win vibe and de wouldnt sell all those credit boosters if there werent multiple credit sinks at one moment.

Its there to push you into specific actions without informing you why would you even need to.

Edited by Davoodoo

Except it's not, especially with the Dark Sector armistice. 1 million credits isn't all that difficult to obtain, and it's not uncommon to find veteran players with tens of millions of credits.

Seimeni and Sechura? 

I can't take doing the same thing maybe 50 times just to get enough credits for a tax... Almost nothing else costs straight up a million credits, except for ranking a primed mod in one sitting.

Do something about new players instantly getting 

-maxed vitality

-redirection

-blind rage

-fleeting expertise

-transient fortitude

-serration

-etc.

Seimeni and Sechura? 

I can't take doing the same thing maybe 50 times just to get enough credits for a tax... Almost nothing else costs straight up a million credits, except for ranking a primed mod in one sitting.

Do something about new players instantly getting 

-maxed vitality

-redirection

-blind rage

-fleeting expertise

-transient fortitude

-serration

-etc.

You can't really without a bad reaction since it's been that way for a while. Since primed mods are new, they can put these restrictions on them going in and not cause a hassle.

You can't really without a bad reaction since it's been that way for a while. Since primed mods are new, they can put these restrictions on them going in and not cause a hassle.

So a fix to a problem that doesnt fix a problem??

Are you really sure its there to stop new players??

So a fix to a problem that doesnt fix a problem??

Are you really sure its there to stop new players??

It's one of the reasons. These mods are supposed to be rare and difficult to acquire. If they had no credit tax, then they could be freely traded left right and centre by people who bought the right amount of plat. It's basically DE's way of making people earn the primed mods.

It's one of the reasons. These mods are supposed to be rare and difficult to acquire. If they had no credit tax, then they could be freely traded left right and centre by people who bought the right amount of plat. It's basically DE's way of making people earn the primed mods.

Remember that this is f2p game, so nothing in it is meant to be difficult to acquire, at least as long as you pay. Whatever restrictions you put are meant to make player pay.

Remember that rank 0 and rank 10 legendary mod both have 1mil tax. For a whale who instantly put 200$ on game, he only needs to get 1mil, but with booster that aint much of a problem and voila rank 10 legendary mod.

Its goddamn easy to buy your way to trading primed mods.

Then new player can get r10 hc, r10 serration, r5 split chamber and 2r3 event mods and hes ready to farm credits like all mr19 players.

So that again doesnt stop new player from buying his way into trading legendary mods.

So what?? it stops new players from acquiring them, but have no problem with new whales acquiring them since they pay and if you want to pay for anything on trade you already bought plat or someone else bought it for you.

It makes no sense you know.

That's over 4 hours grinding credits to pay for one trade.

1,000,000 credits / 20,000 credits you get from Sechura = 50 runs.

50 runs * 5 minutes a run = 250 minutes or 4 hours and 10 minutes.

That's just ridiculous.

No sense of scale.  Considering how long you'll be playing to get the cores to level that mod up, the time invested for the trade is peanuts.

These mods are a major time sink.  That's no secret.  Why should trading them be any different?

The entire issue here is moot as you shouldnt have to use so much damn credits for trading anyway. It's stupid! The entire tax thing should be removed and it would help everyone, promote more trades and more plat will be bought for greedy DE. The credits nonsense should stick to being the space glue that holds your junk together instead of taxed for no damn reason. DE needs some marketing classes