Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For A Desecrate Rework.

(PSN)Pharen

Put your pitchforks down farmers, this is no nerf thread, in fact it's quite the opposite.

Right now Desecrate has only one function: Loot. It does nothing to assist Nekros in combat in the ways of damage or survivability.

My idea is to change it from a simple poof of smoke turning corpses into loot into something more fitting to Nekros theme.

Instead when cast, arms will come out of the ground near enemies and corpses, the arms will drag the corpses down and loot will be left, therefore maintaining desecrates original function, however for enemies that are snared by these arms they are held in place for up to 3 seconds in a panicked state.

This would give an element of CC to desecrate. The arms would not damage the enemies, merely hold them.

This change would also make it easier for DE to balance Nekros Desecrate in the PVP environment.

Just an idea, feel free to leave comments.

Right now Desecrate has only one function: Loot. It does nothing to assist Nekros in combat in the ways of damage or survivability.

Except that it drops heath/energy orbs, and ammo drops, thereby maintaining the fight.

Also

Instead when cast, arms will come out of the ground near enemies and corpses, the arms will drag the corpses down and loot will be left, therefore maintaining desecrates original function, however for enemies that are snared by these arms they are held in place for up to 3 seconds in a panicked state.

This would give an element of CC to desecrate. The arms would not damage the enemies, merely hold them.

What about terrify? That third ability Nekros has that literally causes all enemies to just run away and hide for like 15 seconds.

I just want Desecrate to stop re-rolling drops. As long as it does that, no matter how much they buff his other abilities Nekros will never be anything other than a lootbot.

One suggestion I saw was to give him a new ult and make Desecrate spawn shadows from dead bodies, though with the amount of bodies on the ground I think that could get a little crazy.

Except that it drops heath/energy orbs, and ammo drops, thereby maintaining the fight.

Also

What about terrify? That third ability Nekros has that literally causes all enemies to just run away and hide for like 15 seconds.

Spawning orbs at 25 health don't really do much, in most missions when you lose health, you will lose much more than 25, unless it's from a single proc. The chance of energy drop isn't that high.

Desecrate is a meta ability, and this change wouldn't make it lose any of what it already has, merely making it more useful and less situational.

And Terrify works for around 15 seconds like you say, this isn't going to make Terrify less useful, it's going to make Desecrate more useful.

As I said, it's only an idea.

Descecrate definetely is a bit lackluster in terms of its combat usefulness and I think he needs something to improve his capabilities as a "grim reaper".

My idea would be to give him some sort of stacking buff for a duration for desecrating enemies. Additional health or shields or something like that. Something that improves his survivability a bit.

Descecrate definetely is a bit lackluster in terms of its combat usefulness and I think he needs something to improve his capabilities as a "grim reaper".

My idea would be to give him some sort of stacking buff for a duration for desecrating enemies. Additional health or shields or something like that. Something that improves his survivability a bit.

I think his theme is meant to be necromancer, not grim reaper. And I didn't want to either stray away from his theme or remove the abilities original function, because I know it would upset the farmers, which are numerous.

What you're asking for with "combat effectiveness" is an incentive to use Desecrate more, when we know full-well its (failure to supply) loot provides that in abundance.

Desecrate doesn't need any more reason to be spammed. If anything, it needs less.

A functional rework would be making it a "Channeling" ability ala World on Fire. Draining Energy or Vitality with Despoil.

Your suggestions, over breaking the Scifi theme, can be added simply with an augment.

Also the 25hp Orbs story doesn't work, since you can reduce its cost with Efficency or refund it with Equilibrium.
I'd rather a rework on Vitality orbs restoring a % of it.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Put your pitchforks down farmers, this is no nerf thread, in fact it's quite the opposite.

My idea is to change it from a simple poof of smoke turning corpses into loot into something more fitting to Nekros theme.

This change would also make it easier for DE to balance Nekros Desecrate in the PVP environment.

Just an idea, feel free to leave comments.

Yet another awesome Augment Mod idea! Kudos!

How about... if shadows are out, desecrate adds a few seconds to the duration, and if you aren't at max shadows spawned, any enemies desecrated will also spawn a shadow version?

We have terrify for the CC, and soul punch defibrilate... Nekros is one of my favorite frames