Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Cataclysm

LunaruF

Sooooooo...
I've got the new Augment mod for Limbo installed, the one where 1 second is restored to the duration of your cataclysm ability.

First off, though the original intended purpose does work, meaning it does restore 1 second to the duration of cataclysm, there is a big bug when it comes down to it.

When in use, the actual bubble of the rift remains in place, but the REAL divide between the rift plane and real plane doesn't match with the bubble. The bubble remains at its max size to your limbo loadout while the rift bubble in reality is shrinking. When you close the rift bubble, the rift stays.

As you can see in this screenshot, there are two rift bubbles opened up, but as seen in my ability bar on the bottom right hand corner, no rift bubbles are open.

HwxSSLc.jpg

Edited by LunaruF

i dont know which category this should go under so i am putting it here. There is a bug where cataclysm will stop shrinking, and the timer will freeze at the same interval. The effect of cataclysm continues to shrink, but the bubble animation does not. also, when placing another cataclysm the previous animation stays, and another is cast over it, and this too will freeze at a different point, causing several animations to stack over each other. i have provided screen shots of this to better explain what i am talking about.

Edit: to be clear, as indicated in one of the screen shots, only the bubble is appearing to be stuck. the muffled sound, visual effect on the player, and the high contrast environment expires as the ability does. i have noticed that some enemies will get the visual effect when passing though the old animation if the ability is active.

In this one you can see that i have two cataclysm animations active. (i am the only limbo in the group) and that i have not used the ability since it fading. BX3ose9.jpg

In this shot, i am standing inside the animation that has expired, and the timer on the ability is stuck at 42secs, even though it is not active. WyMmdRf.jpg

and finally, you can see that I have four animations frozen at different radii. mcIkeRZ.jpg

Edited by DrMarlboro

With augment or without augment, this bug occurs on the client side mostly from my testing.

well, at least im not the only one experiencing it... i was beginning to wonder since i couldnt find a thread on it. hopefully it gets fixed its really annoying when i cant tell which bubble is the active one, and how long i can run away from the bubble before it drops. 

I also have some screenshots of this:

iqk092.jpg

As you can see, the Cataclysm timer was not active at all. (I was using the new augment, if that matters.)

I was playing with friends in this game. I was client.

The host of the game did not see the left over Cataclysm.

The other client saw one of them, but not the other.

this happened on the alert for the alert:  Juliet (Uranus): Enemy Comm Station Vulnerable - 54m - 9600cr - Meridian Trinity Helmet (Blueprint)

rzirpJr.jpg

now, the extra rifts didn't do anything (other than make the sound that they were cast and the visual effect, but it was still funny to see. guess my limbo was using his mad wizard skills.

Edited by darksithis002

i'd like to say it was, but i don't have the augment yet.

2 limbos did it?

i was the only limbo, and even if another limbo had been in there, it would've been small odds of us having the same color. 

Edited by darksithis002

It is definitely something with the new augment, I believe it is host/client related!  Thank you for reporting!'

EDIT: Also, moving this to PC Beta Bugs --> General

EDIT # 2: Ok, well nevermind, you say you didn't have the augment equipped?  Well, last I heard this was happening to those people who have the augment, whom are not hosting (Clients)  Whenever something was killed inside but off to the side, it was spawning another cataclysm.

Can you perhaps tell me the exact loadout you had during this mission or some of the more notable duration mods etc... you had on limbo?

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
Clarification

1.) Whenever I cancel Cataclysm the visual sphere still exists sometimes. I saw on another thread this is most likely a client-side bug. (This has happened to me with and without any augments on)

2.) Also, whenever my cataclysm duration is being restored to my max duration for the loadout, the Area of Effect that pulls entities into the void still decreases and eventually leading to the ability's ending implosion. Visually, I still have my sphere at my max range, and my duration is capped at max and doesn't decrease. (I never waited to see if it did decrease to zero, I just cancelled and recast)

I've had both of these bugs compound on each other where I'd have 5-10 spheres on the screen intersecting. The only way I knew I was in limbo/ void was the overlay effect on the screen and enemies had the flame effect of entering my invisible/ hardly visible sphere.

My mod loadout at the time if it is useful: Cataclysmic Continuum, Rift Torrent, Continuity, Stretch, Streamline, Vitality, Overextended, Energy Siphon. (All max rank)

I literally had this bug as well. I to had the new augment.

If it helps, my mod layout was this: Primed Continuity, Intensify, Cataclysmic Continuum, Redirection, Handspring, Primed Flow, Streamline.

-Jin

Edit: Still happens without Cataclysmic Continuum.

Edited by Jin_Lightning

Ever since the new cataclysm augment mod came out, cataclysm has been glitched out. Whenever I use it the timer for its duration freezes and sometimes the bubble doesn't disappear at all. Even though the bubble doesn't disappear it doesn't send me or enemies in the rift so its just a bubble stuck in animation that doesn't go away. This can stack to multiple bubbles making others including myself lose performance. :(

I might be posting in the wrong section and if i am im sorry.

Now with 16.8.2 Limbos cataclysm animation stays up after detonation and the timer on the UI bugs. Im not using the Augment for Cataclysm.

Edited by djungeltrumman