Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Recoil

JuanDeages

Honestly, if this weapon could have lower recoil with the Prisma version, it would have far more usability. It already deals low damage per shot, why does it need to kick this hard? I love how it looks and sounds, but the recoil is just unreasonable.

its spitting out 20 bullets a second... thats why there is recoil

Ermagherd; DE change it, i don't like it, its not over powered; ermagherd DE, i hate it; ermagherd needs moar power. Ermagherd; needs moar DPS. 

What i read from your comments OP.

Reading is hard i guess. Recoil is too high=needs more dps. K.

Reading is hard i guess. Recoil is too high=needs more dps. K.

DPS is more then just how hard your bullets hit. Again 20. bulllets. a second. that's an RPM of 1200 (double the AK 47's and 300 (30%) more rounds a minute then the P90). Sorry but its gunna have recoil, it had better. and its DPS is perfectly balanced. OP when you factor in Status head shot crits. Like holy crap 8x multiplier + the crit multiplier. and its easy to pull those off. This thing is beastly and very good. the recoil and bad ammo economy are easily fixed. so please. for the love of cthulhu stop whining and learn how to compensate for recoil. If you cant do that then stop playing shooters. The recoil is easily managed especially when zoomed out. 

DPS is more then just how hard your bullets hit. Again 20. bulllets. a second. that's an RPM of 1200 (double the AK 47's and 300 (30%) more rounds a minute then the P90). Sorry but its gunna have recoil, it had better. and its DPS is perfectly balanced. OP when you factor in Status head shot crits. Like holy crap 8x multiplier + the crit multiplier. and its easy to pull those off. This thing is beastly and very good. the recoil and bad ammo economy are easily fixed. so please. for the love of cthulhu stop whining and learn how to compensate for recoil. If you cant do that then stop playing shooters. The recoil is easily managed especially when zoomed out. 

Quit shooters because I don't like the recoil to damage trade off this weapon has vs every weapon in its DPS range? I don't understand this community. The Prisma Grakata would be fine if its recoil was either less, or it had a more distinct pattern to how the recoil kicks. It just randomly flairs up, and missing headshots on a crit weapon tanks your dps. This weapon has the paper DPS to be viable, I never said this thing needed more damage in anyway, shape, or form. Its damage is fine.

The recoil to say an AK in pretty much any shooter is justified because all it needs is 1 or two good headshots. This thing just kicks hard for "flavor." It needs numerous back to back headshots to kill. Also, in most games, the P90 is made to have low recoil as well, despite its insane RoF, so that it isn't dwarfed by other automatic weapons. Realism and balance have no real correlation.

That's the point, it's to encourage proper modding instead of mindless max DPS build. With modding you can either get full damage yet uncomfortable to use gun or more practical less damaging gun. The latter can be surprisingly better.

I'm trying to figure this things recoil pattern, but it moves from side to side sometimes which throws me for a loop.

With Vile Precision(mine isn't maxed) the recoil is only vertical, I will try with Stabilizer, even with the recoil this weapon has an incredible precision for her size...

With Vile Precision(mine isn't maxed) the recoil is only vertical, I will try with Stabilizer, even with the recoil this weapon has an incredible precision for her size...

Well it technically does have a standard Assault Rifle accuracy of 28.6, which is fantastic, but I do find it interesting the recoil mods remove certain elements of the recoil as a by product of reducing it in general.

Higher dmg output = less shots fired. Best form of ammo conservation. You aughta see my gorgon prisma :D Supergun.

I am not a fan of that weapon, at all. Its base accuracy is lower than most ARs with a rank 10 heavy caliber.

Also the damage per shot swing with critical delay vs mutation on the Grakata is honestly fairly small, not that the mutation can even maintain its ammo expenditure, but hey bullet hoses use ammo after all.

The gun is accurate. As accurate as most other autotrigger primaries. Where it suffers is the recoil, which is considerable.

If you're a long time Grak user, this isn't news and you're used to it. You simply learn how to ride the recoil for longer shots, get closer if possible, and hipshoot in preference to aimed fire, unless you really need the precision. Also, aim low and let it ride up for the headshots. You simply learn how to deal with it. Or you can run recoil reduction mods, but that is always going to be at the cost of damage mods, and the gun does have very low base damage.

Then there's ammo. Again, you get used to it. You fire in short bursts. This both preserves ammo and prevents you from blowing holes in the overhead. You can't miss fast enough to kill stuff, so keep it short and on target. And, again, you could run a mutator, but, again, it'll be at the cost of damage mods, etc., etc.

The gun can perform extremely well, but it very definitely is an acquired taste and does take some getting used to. I think it's worth it. The gun is great fun and it can definitely wow the purveyors of conventional wisdom (which is usually neither).

The gun is accurate. As accurate as most other autotrigger primaries. Where it suffers is the recoil, which is considerable.

If you're a long time Grak user, this isn't news and you're used to it. You simply learn how to ride the recoil for longer shots, get closer if possible, and hipshoot in preference to aimed fire, unless you really need the precision. Also, aim low and let it ride up for the headshots. You simply learn how to deal with it. Or you can run recoil reduction mods, but that is always going to be at the cost of damage mods, and the gun does have very low base damage.

Then there's ammo. Again, you get used to it. You fire in short bursts. This both preserves ammo and prevents you from blowing holes in the overhead. You can't miss fast enough to kill stuff, so keep it short and on target. And, again, you could run a mutator, but, again, it'll be at the cost of damage mods, etc., etc.

The gun can perform extremely well, but it very definitely is an acquired taste and does take some getting used to. I think it's worth it. The gun is great fun and it can definitely wow the purveyors of conventional wisdom (which is usually neither).

Yeah, when I first started actually getting gear I farmed for the boltor prime with a karak and my akvasto. My resources at the time were nearly nothing, so for a long time I just used the akvasto and the boltor prime, once I got it. Basically, neither guns have any considerable recoil whatsoever, and in most shooters I do play I prefer either low recoil weapons, or weapons with reoccurring recoil patterns, such as the AK from Counter Strike.

Moral of the story, I didn't use the basic version of the weapon, I just bought this one for giggles, and was annoyed with how it handled, as its stats are good.

And if an ammo mutation is too much of a loss in damage, which on a crit weapon I can definitely understand, I can just pair it with the vaykor marelok, which may as well have infinite ammo.

Critical delay destroys its DPS, and it really needs a mutation to maintain its ammo as is.

Ammo economy is much more important than DPS, especially on this weapon.  Also, if the majority of your hits are headshots the increased critical rate makes up for the DPS loss by far, especially if you're using an element that has a damaging proc.

This is how weapons should be.  Power should be gated by limitation and nuance.

I wish there would be more weapons like this, you know, with a soul. Only becouse the majority of the weapons fire like they are toys, no recoil and perfect accuracy, deos not make Grakata bad. If anything, I would add recoil to the rest of the arsenal we have.

Ammo economy doesn't mean much in a game where you have ammo restores you can drop when you want, where you want, in the amount you want.

If the recoil is simply anathema to you, then the recoil reducing mod(s) are the answer. They do work and work well--at the cost of damage mods you might have used.

As for recoil and weapons, most modern service rifles are chambered in such dinky cartridges (varmint rounds in any other gun-oriented pursuit) that they effectively have very little recoil. A lot of effort on the parts of the worlds' militaries has been expended since the start of the smokeless powder era to eliminate as much recoil as possible. I wouldn't see that changing going forward into the future.