Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Physx?

Dragman200

They've addressed this topic in previous streams, and said they plan on bringing it back for those who can or want to use it.  It seems the idea is bouncing around in the dev-team, but it probably isn't a priority, what with parkour 2.0, tombs of the sentients, excal and frost rework, a new frame, etc...

Personally, i prefer the way it is now, but then again, I've jumped from Nvidia to AMD, so it isn't like I have much of a choice anyway.

Edited by Ithloniel

Im of the opinion that the glitter sprays didnt really add anything, and caused alot more problems than they were worth.

They were also optional and had no effect on gameplay.

Personally, I'd love to see the particles return. The swirly particles that reacted to the environment were a big part of what attracted me to this game in the first place, even if they were completely over-the-top.

Pour some glitter in your eyes and tell us how it doesn't affect your sight.

PhysX effects were toned down due to how intrusive and costly they were, as far as I know, DE is working on getting them back in some less annoying form, but they are working on general particle system that would work properly on every system, not limited to Nvidia GPUs.

PhysX's realtime collision simulated particles and support for extreme particle density is certainly some nice capabilities.

if particle density and what it's applied on, Et Cetera - could be adjusted per user, that would be ideal. i really appreciate realtime simulated collisions and such, just for some Abilities the particle density can feel too much, and others a bit sparce.

while the PhysX code is x87 and therefore gross and slow - it's results are spectacular. people say that nowadays it's not relevant because other systems can render lots of particles too - those other systems still can't handle realtime collision simulation, which makes particles feel so much more alive. they're actually interacting with the world you're supposed to be in, rather than being completely disconnected from the world, and just happening to be inside it.

interacting with the world is something i've never seen anyone pull of in realtime. because they all are trying to simulate those Particles on CPU instead of GPU.

Pour some glitter in your eyes and tell us how it doesn't affect your sight.

PhysX effects were toned down due to how intrusive and costly they were, as far as I know, DE is working on getting them back in some less annoying form, but they are working on general particle system that would work properly on every system, not limited to Nvidia GPUs.

Im of the opinion that the glitter sprays didnt really add anything, and caused alot more problems than they were worth.

Some people think its cool... i never had a sight problem when it came to physX. also ive never had a problem with physX EVER. i wouldnt mind a slider or something and the new partical system looks like physX emulator 0.1. Sorry i like nvidia (plz dont fanboy me ;-;) not trying to start a flame war but... yeah. mabye something that looks like physX for regular and physX for.... physX!

Thanks for all the replys! nice to know that it might actually come back!

Personally, I'd love to see the particles return. The swirly particles that reacted to the environment were a big part of what attracted me to this game in the first place, even if they were completely over-the-top.

Especially when capturing a target, I mean seriously. Your hand emits an explosion of sparks that land everywhere and then proceed to get back into your hand.