Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Deal With Tired/burning Eyes?

Chub_N_Tuck

Turn off Bloom.

I take short breaks inbetween, turn WF off go grab a snack.. or something or nap.

There are Gaming glasses you can buy but i cant name them for the life of me, my friend has them.. 

they look like this.. they do help prevent repeated expose to bright light and such, so your eyes dont get tired too quickly.

07-1204%20attache%2002-02.jpg

You don't need "gamer" glasses. That is just a buzzword to sell them for 300 percent more than they are actually worth. Any sunglasses with amber colored lens work.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Turn off Bloom.

You don't need "gamer" glasses. That is just a buzzword to sell them for 300 percent more than they are actually worth. Any sunglasses with amber colored lens work.

Well i didnt know the exact name for them so how else was i supposed to refer to them as? :|

I summarize some ideas and add thoughts:

Most common reason to burning sensations would be dry eyes. I have eye drops that help a ton, it is good to take them regularly if you work on monitors a lot (most of us do). I use Hylo-Comod, as those don't expire as quickly as others once opened. They last about 3 months for me and cost less than 10€.

Looking into the distance for half a minute every once in a while helps a lot as well. the distance we see sharp is dependant on eye muscles, muscles are not made for constant strain. If you do not have a window and at least 50m distance to watch into (more would be better) then another method is

put your hands over your eyes and form a bulge over each eye, so you do not press on the eye. you should open your eyes and watch the dark of your hands, keep the light out! do this for 30-60 seconds, it brings quick relief.

As already stated, drink enough. It slows down eye-drying, which then will require eye drops or extended breaks.

brightness of your room was stated as well. generally the brightness of the monitor should ideally not differ much to the brightness of the room.

Turning off bloom completely solved the problem for me, but your mileage may vary. My monitor is right in front of (and below) a large window with curtains and blinds that I can open to make the room brighter if needed, and that gives me some distant stuff to look at.

Same happened to me and i did a mix of things people already said here, turn off bloom, reduce brightness just by a little and get f.lux, it may be strange the first time using f.lux but its like 20 seconds to get used to it.

Also if possible try using dark energy colors and yeah take breaks.