Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino: Un-Nerf Petiton !

Otakuwolf

People who rely on iron skin only know how to play iron skin.

Not Warframe.

Learn to use rhino, and you will have no problems.

The skill is good, its cut the rhinoob population hugely, and makes the frame a real frame, not a noob one.

Are you serious? The reason people used Iron Skin over Rhino's other abilities was because none of his other abilities were very good.

And don't generalize everyone who relied on Iron Skin. There's a difference between relying on something sparingly to save your &#! when you need it (like I and seemingly many other Rhino players used it) and using it 24/7. The nerf affects the former more than the latter. Those who spam Iron Skin will still spam Iron Skin and I imagine not be terribly hurt by it. Those who used it as an oh S#&$ button are the worst off in this case.

I've used the Rhino quite a bit and as has been said, the change basically crippled the Rhino's supposed role. The times I used iron skin were primarily to either raise a fallen team member that got swamped or get in the face of toxic/disruptor ancients or bosses and draw their attention so the rest of the team could take them down in relative safety or some combination thereof. That's not to say I didn't use it for my own benefit, but those times were far fewer.

It doesn't help that the rest of his abilities are mediocre and/or substandard knockoffs of other abilities. Charge doesn't even seem to work properly a good chunk of the time, whereas the slam and stomp were just "there". They had some utility on defense missions (the latter less than the former, since the stomp's prohibitively expensive and does no real damage) if the pod was getting swamped because part of the team forgot about it, but beyond that they just really weren't worth using, and I've more easily accomplished the same with another frame's abilities since they'll just kill those enemies outright.

On higher level maps, 80% reduction isn't really enough to make a difference. The sad fact is that now a Rhino has far more incentive to be selfish since it can mitigate more damage and greatly increase its own survivability by backing off, taking cover and just letting team members die than using iron skin and hoping it's enough to keep them alive while raising their fallen buddies.

If they are going to keep the amount of Horendous amounts of energy required to do its special abilities then it needs to have either a larger radius and a whole lot more damage.

It would be nice to think of the Rhino as a Battle Bloodlusting Brawler that has the most powerful attacks, but it takes a while to charge up to full potential. For instance... Radial Blast: 1-5m > 100% DMG (Everything dies) 6-10m > Everything gets a 75% DMG (And gets knocked down for a 5 sec. period) 11-25m > 40% DMG (Everything gets knocked down for 3 sec. period) 26-35m > 20% DMG (Everything gets pushed back but not knocked down) 

>> All this would cost 200 Energy and Tie it into the Players Stamina as well draining both.

>> 100 Energy and 100 Stamina would result in Half the stats above.

>> 50 Energy and 50 Stamina would result in one 1/4 the damage.

For Iron Skin i also think this should be the ONLY Frame to use up his stamina. The more stamina the longer you will be imprenetrable. But if you move, the shorter the Iron Skin ability lasts.

For Charge... Read my Momentum theory. Building up momentum till at full speed and damage multipliers.

For Stomp There needs to be a dynamic way to make it last longer...................... like in the commercial for open beta how they float there and get ripped to pieces. Okay, Make it like 5-7 sec. and have it combine with the radial blast outside of the time warp affect. Then have the timewarp effect nullify the armor and health of the effected enemy so as to a one shot kill for any friends in the effected radius. and make the radius of effect about 20m > 360degrees.

Info dissemination mode:

May 21st @ 2:00 PM EST UPDATE:

The following changes are being made:

1) He will now again have full invulnerability, but up to a damage (d) cap of: 200 d, 400 d, 600 d, and 800 d based on mod rank.  Thoughts?

2) He now aggro's enemies to draw fire by using Iron Skin, as enemies now see him as a big threat!

Expect these in an upcoming Update.

Surprise like those nerf always piss me of , you play like usual and suddenly "wait did i just took damage on iron skin ?"  

"maybe they implement no protection against poison damage , why not "

=====>

"so why does that dog hurt me ?"

"must be a bug "  

next mission the same , 

go for a look on the forum and understand that they #*($%%@ up again....

I'l sick of this i'll leave for a month.

80% damage reduction is useless on hight level mobs. 20% with lvl 60+ mobs it's insane damage per second. What? 800 dmg threshold for invulnerability on level 3?! It's a joke? Have you even played this game? It's 2-3 seconds. One second on 80+ levels. Useless.

Just stop inventing bicycle once more. "Unfix" Iron Skin. Simple. Everything was fine till this update.

Edited by S.W.O.R.D.

I think the reduction should be 95% - 99%. Giving it Invulnerability is just ridiculous and should be renamed to "Indestructible" and having it as 80% is almost pointless since it doesn't make up for whatever happens if you get mobbed to death by higher level mobs or bullets.  

Edited by Ephesus

Info dissemination mode:

as a rhino player I can live with that More than happy to have a balance between the two.

Edit: ITT people who play rhinos and those that don't. Those that don't complain a lot about the Rhino

Edited by LunchBoxKilla

As a Rhino player, I agree: put it back.  I don't care if a rework is in progress, Rhino needs his invulnerability.

Bullsh****

I played him and the difference is that you no longer can jump brainless into hordes of enemies.

It should need at least a bit thinking...

...or they could just up the DR a bit, and fix the fact that Iron Skin ONLY applies DR to to shields, NOT to health

740 health with 150 armour and 80% damage reduction would absorb 9250 damage. With 315 armour that would be 11655.

That could make it MUCH better, as well as fixing the CC (Making him immune to knock down, toxic)

Please PLEASE don't reduce duration.

And keep the nerf.

Sincerely,

a guy with a maxed Rhino.

If they are going to keep the amount of Horendous amounts of energy required to do its special abilities then it needs to have either a larger radius and a whole lot more damage.

It would be nice to think of the Rhino as a Battle Bloodlusting Brawler that has the most powerful attacks, but it takes a while to charge up to full potential. For instance... Radial Blast: 1-5m > 100% DMG (Everything dies) 6-10m > Everything gets a 75% DMG (And gets knocked down for a 5 sec. period) 11-25m > 40% DMG (Everything gets knocked down for 3 sec. period) 26-35m > 20% DMG (Everything gets pushed back but not knocked down) 

>> All this would cost 200 Energy and Tie it into the Players Stamina as well draining both.

>> 100 Energy and 100 Stamina would result in Half the stats above.

>> 50 Energy and 50 Stamina would result in one 1/4 the damage.

For Iron Skin i also think this should be the ONLY Frame to use up his stamina. The more stamina the longer you will be imprenetrable. But if you move, the shorter the Iron Skin ability lasts.

For Charge... Read my Momentum theory. Building up momentum till at full speed and damage multipliers.

For Stomp There needs to be a dynamic way to make it last longer...................... like in the commercial for open beta how they float there and get ripped to pieces. Okay, Make it like 5-7 sec. and have it combine with the radial blast outside of the time warp affect. Then have the timewarp effect nullify the armor and health of the effected enemy so as to a one shot kill for any friends in the effected radius. and make the radius of effect about 20m > 360degrees.

Some really nice ideas here, but you deserve your own thread instead of this one full of butthurt people.

Edited by kaboomonme