Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor, Why U Hit So Hard?

CryvernX

i  never used this weapon, i mean i had it but i like hitscan weapons so i didnt think it would fit my playstile, but a clanmate told that i def had to try it, and man i was impressed. those are lvl 55 enemies and its not even fully modded.

More like because it suffers at medium and long ranges.... its great weapon in defences like akkad where you can shoot pod. Or if enemies concentrate in goups.

But on more open map its quite painful missing target by few cm/inches.

Great weapon if you like it close and personal.

I personally love it. It deals a f*ckton of damage if you can land your grenades consistently. It's one of the best weapons for faceslapping from hugging range.

Also, rocketjumping <3

It's still somewhat balanced by the low magazine size, longish reload and wonky aim. But it's still silly fun. Try it on void defense, if you land a couple of grenades in the middle of the main rush you can wipe half a wave in a salvo, which is reallly satisfying. Particularly because corpses fly around a hell of a lpt <3

What amazes me is how few people I see using it.

Not really, people know it ridiculously powerful since it first come out. But ya know, people like fun, so instead tonkor all the time, they use different weapon. (Hell, i bring my supra for T4S 60m just for fun)

because people don't realize it's power.... or they just haven't modded it for crit xD

Maybe because people hate that 2 ammo clip and pretty long reload, for me for example its all ain't about shooting its about reloading! Also i dont like bouncing granades id like to see them exploding while they touch the ground.

Edited by Grom-84

Maybe because people hate that 2 ammo clip and pretty long reload, for me for example its all ain't about shooting its about reloading! Also i dont like bouncing granades id like to see them exploding while they touch the ground.

1- primed fast hands

2- you will get used to it pretty fast, usually they dont bounce if you aim well, just needs some practice

1- primed fast hands

2- you will get used to it pretty fast, usually they dont bounce if you aim well, just needs some practice

1 - No Room for that and btw it's calculated wrong instead of providing 55% of speed reduction it reduces reloading only for like 25%. I've tested it on many of my weapons and came for the conclusion that this mod is not worthy for equipping.

2 - Nah im avoiding such weapons in any games, not fitting into my playstyle those 2 seconds of reloading lasts for eternity, and in conjunction with a low mag most of the time this weapon is at that nasty reload stage. Cant just standout it no matter how high the damage will be)

Actually this weapon can be very good for defences where you can climb on some strategic position and throw granades on crowds of stupid infested... but well im not playing that much defences to care about it and consider as something special. Or if i need to go for a defence i have much more flexible quanta.

Edited by Grom-84

because people don't realize it's power.... or they just haven't modded it for crit xD

People do realize its power. What they also realize is its pathetic clip size, which is why nobody uses it.

People complaining about "omg tonkor op" always leave me shaking my head. Even if it had 99999 base damage and a 100% crit rate, it still spends two thirds of combat time in a reload animation. On top of that, it's the most punishing weapon in the game for missed shots.

The utility aspects of this weapon are nonexistent. The Tonkor would really be mastery fodder if it didn't hit like a small nuclear bomb.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 - No Room for that and btw it's calculated wrong instead of providing 55% of speed reduction it reduces reloading only for like 25%. I've tested it on many of my weapons and came for the conclusion that this mod is not worthy for equipping.

2 - Nah im avoiding such weapons in any games, not fitting into my playstyle those 2 seconds of reloading lasts for eternity, and in conjunction with a low mag most of the time this weapon is at that nasty reload stage. Cant just standout it no matter how high the damage will be)

Actually this weapon can be very good for defences where you can climb on some strategic position and throw granades on crowds of stupid infested... but well im not playing that much defences to care about it and consider as something special. Or if i need to go for a defence i have much more flexible quanta.

No sorry it is calculated correctly.  There have been at least a few threads about that in past.  You are confusing speed with time.

Easy mistake to make.  Increasing your speed by 100%, for example, doesn't change the time to get there to 0 seconds, it halves the time it takes to get there.

You should avoid weapons that you don't like, that is sensible.  However that does not mean it isn't a great weapon.  The Tonkor is effective, fun, though it is punishing if you screw up.   Better than exploding yourself like other launchers I'd say.

Tonkor plus SOTD is awesome. Especially if you are in a bottle neck situation against the infested. You can basically use SOTD to act as a net and it will virtually trap the infested in one place (because the infested will be fighting like your shadows) and then just launch your tonkor ammo into the crowd. So many deaths from my experience.

No sorry it is calculated correctly.  There have been at least a few threads about that in past.  You are confusing speed with time.

Easy mistake to make.  Increasing your speed by 100%, for example, doesn't change the time to get there to 0 seconds, it halves the time it takes to get there.

You should avoid weapons that you don't like, that is sensible.  However that does not mean it isn't a great weapon.  The Tonkor is effective, fun, though it is punishing if you screw up.   Better than exploding yourself like other launchers I'd say.

No it's not. Putting R9 Primed Fast hands which must reduce reload time by 50% for example on soma p from 3sec to 1.5sec - reduces it only to 2secs, Putting it on Boltor P reduces reload from 2.4sec to 1.6sec instead of 1.2sec, Putting it on Dread reduces reloading from 0.7sec to 0.5sec instead of 0.35sec Putting it on tonkor reduces reload from 2sec to 1.3sec instead of 1sec how it supposed to be, and with such low mag 1.3 reload is still too much for my taste. But i see that they fixed Fire rate mods for some weapons like Opticor maybe finaly i can try to play with it.

I know its obvious that reload time cant be decreased to 0 ofc, but in this case the gain which primed fast hands providing isnt that significant, if i will give this Tonkor a second chance in future i'll probably put something like Wildfire and Magazine Wrap in it.

Edited by Grom-84

Or they can't figure out how to aim it and call it bad.

Me? I used grenade launchers in lots of games and learned to figure out the arc to hit things myself. The Tonkor's alt-fire mechanic is nice and watching and entire group of baddies just vaporize never gets old.

Edited by Kalenath

Tonkor either needs to be nerfed or other launchers need to be buffed.

Please tell me why, I'm curious to see why one of the few weapons that can use utility mods because it doesn't need to focus on damage only should be nerfed