Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

I love my Excal, he was my starter and I've craved Excal prime since I started since Ol Scally is my favourite frame in theory. I loved the idea of this future samurai but he never seemed like a blademaster or a melee oriented frame at all.

He has low shields and health, average armour

- A moveset including one ability I deem useless and literally never used (superjump),

- Slashdash (a movement ability...I deem these mostly useless since coptering can usually match them barring maybe tailwind),

- Radial blind (an awesome ability and usually his only good one), and

- An ult that fluctuates between being weak as hell (before buffs), what I felt was a good place as it actually felt powerful and to abuse it you had to sacrifice all survivability (draco time period), and is now buggy as all hell (currently).

Additionally who does not want this (1:15)

I am 120% hype as hell for the rework. I will literally play Excal in every mission that doesn't need specific frames for a week and much of that will be Sword Alone.

I love my Excal, he was my starter and I've craved Excal prime since I started since Ol Scally is my favourite frame in theory. I loved the idea of this future samurai but he never seemed like a blademaster or a melee oriented frame at all.

He has low shields and health, average armour

- A moveset including one ability I deem useless and literally never used (superjump),

- Slashdash (a movement ability...I deem these mostly useless since coptering can usually match them barring maybe tailwind),

- Radial blind (an awesome ability and usually his only good one), and

- An ult that fluctuates between being weak as hell (before buffs), what I felt was a good place as it actually felt powerful and to abuse it you had to sacrifice all survivability (draco time period), and is now buggy as all hell (currently).

Additionally who does not want this (1:15)

I am 120% hype as hell for the rework. I will literally play Excal in every mission that doesn't need specific frames for a week and much of that will be Sword Alone.

I love that anime. :')

The removal of super jump means everyone gets super jump as part of the mobility packet.

We dont know how this new jump functions and if it does exactly what SJ did.

Plus, that's just one of the things thats an issue and not the whole argument.

Don't see what's being protested here. Excal will become one of those rarities, a Frame where all abilities that are useful and can be used in the majority of situations.

How do we know this?

People seem to praise 100% something that has not happened yet.

He could end up in the same spot if stuff end ups OP. DE will nerf stuff.

The button presses IS the point.

Reacting to a battle situation by pressing 1 button is better than needed to press, you know, more than one button.

If you are fine by pressing several buttons that's cool. But we should have the option to keep the old move set if we want.

And, nice emblem.

Charge jumps. We're going to all get charge jumps so literally everyone can superjump if they want to. There is literally no need to complain about anything.

Sadly I did the math in my head already about how Super Jump really is outdone by simply Radial Blind alone even though I will miss the ability I'm sure it didnt come as a simple decision by the Developers, they did try after all to make Excal better overall but my guess was it just wasn't working right. Now i'm hearing even directional movement can outdu the poor Super Jump witch I have to agree if their taking away any skill it would have to be that one, at least to make the Excal the Warframe we all expected him to be.

Ill morn for the skill but I dissagree on having it as a option at least in my opinon, if they make it an option I wont complain but it shouldent be priority. I think they have always wanted Excalibur to be more then seen as just the "overall frame" and more of a swordsman frame like he was meant to be from the start, I always thought of him like that and many people always used melee weapons with him so I think many people do as well. These changes will make him excactly how he was meant to be.

There is only 1 move that will be removed and replaced by a BETTER move. Super jump is probably the most useless abillity in the game so far, especially with Directional melee

I actually find a lot of use for it with a Kestral ground-pound that sends everything in range prone. On Ceres and in the Invasion missions (~40 level) I usually bait a napalm to flame-on, super jump, then slam down to send him and his friends down then mop up with a Marelok. Yes it's ridiculous, no I am by no means claiming it's an effective strategy.

This move shall be missed by at least one Tenno... 

If this is the kind of logic we're going by, then I might as well say this:

I want Overheat back.

Real talk though, overheat is way better than that useless fire ring that we have right now. The expanding wave overlaps with accelerants uses, and enemies will literally stop moving to avoid walking into the ring, what's the damn point? I'll take high DR and a Radiance burn around me over that anyday.

why should i keep the old Super jump when Parkour 2.0 charge jump and directional melee can do the same?

WHY ARE PEOPLE UPSET ABOUT A JUMP?

1st world problems. Ohplz.

What i want to know about the people that dont like having the option is.... why do you just keep talking about SJ after the full argument discussing all the points have been clearly stated?

What i want to know about the people that dont like having the option is.... why do you just keep talking about SJ after the full argument discussing all the points have been clearly stated?

Because nobody uses it.

And if you do, you're a horrible excalibur player

/thread

Edit: woops, too late

Edited by Jaruis

So... ok... SJ's primary uses are as a quick escape power and as a movement power and maybe for it's AoE stun

Radial Blind appears to be getting tweaked into filling the "escape" role as it's will be castable while moving.

The majority of the weapons in this game can provide the same level of "up" that SJ can on it's own.

Literally everyone is getting more mobility with the coming "charge jump"

Many melee weapons have built in radial slams already

While there are a few things that you won't be able to do anymore (stacking directional melee with SJ, instant short duration invis).  It is rare that those uses are more effective then other existing strategies.  More so with the coming updates to him and the movement system.  It's not so much that you will be able to do everything you could now after the rework... it's that what you can do now will be outclassed by the rework.

There are lots of things that horses do better then cars.  But asking the guys building the highway for a horselane is a lot of extra work for only a handful of dedicated equestrians.  I don't see them doing it.

Charge jumps. We're going to all get charge jumps so literally everyone can superjump if they want to. There is literally no need to complain about anything.

Charge jumps dont sound like quick one button press escape.

Could be wrong but it doesnt sound like that.

*tips hat* I will too not shave excals must get together 

Good show.

We got to show that there are folks out there that want this.

I'll prototest your no shaving with my No shaving Excalibur Prime -Alabaster Skin.

So smooth, his skin is shiny.

6MyozsQ.png

In all seriousness Super Jump is just bad, if it were replaced with something like, multi wall super jump or something, then it would be cool, but Directional Air attacks > Super jump completely.

Why would you want to keep his current move set? He is literally getting a fifth ability because is other one (super jump) will be almost pointless in parkour 2.0. He's keeping everything that's good about him now and getting a new ulti.

Im an avid Excal player and I support his changes :)

Edited by ShadowCore67

Man up and adapt.

The reason Ex is getting changed now is because there's a current group of players that cant adapt to the current changes.

So, yeah.

So... ok... SJ's primary uses are as a quick escape power and as a movement power and maybe for it's AoE stun

Radial Blind appears to be getting tweaked into filling the "escape" role as it's will be castable while moving.

The majority of the weapons in this game can provide the same level of "up" that SJ can on it's own.

Literally everyone is getting more mobility with the coming "charge jump"

Many melee weapons have built in radial slams already

While there are a few things that you won't be able to do anymore (stacking directional melee with SJ, instant short duration invis).  It is rare that those uses are more effective then other existing strategies.  More so with the coming updates to him and the movement system.  It's not so much that you will be able to do everything you could now after the rework... it's that what you can do now will be outclassed by the rework.

There are lots of things that horses do better then cars.  But asking the guys building the highway for a horselane is a lot of extra work for only a handful of dedicated equestrians.  I don't see them doing it.

Not everything is about SJ, SnD is also getting changed.

And unless RB is getting cheaper as cost the same as SJ it will never be SJ.

The reason Ex is treated as a mobility frame is because of two quick cast abilities. Direction attack are not quick cast, charge jumps dont sound like they are quick cast.

Ex's new "Swordman" role is turning the frame into a standard play style where you just stand there and cast a power.

• 2 weeks later...

The protest continues!

They acknowledge that people are asking for Classic Cal!

From the Dev stream we only saw charge jumping while on walls.

I asked to see if it could be down on the normal ground but they were too busy making fun of Rebecca screwing up.

In 17 update DE-guys want to rework Excalibur. It`s interesting, but it should be done carefully.

There is a few word from the true excalibur-lover. This frame is my favorite from the beginning and, think, till the end.

Excalibur NOT a powerfull frame. It is NOT damager like nova, it is NOT controller like voban and it is not stealth like rhino (joke).

Excalibur is versatile. It can be used in different places and situations.

What we have now?

1) we have escape. first skill really no usefull for dealing damage. It is good for dashing. Now i am here, then look, i am already there.

2) blind. awesome. really. it`s not a control for control. it is thing that let u kill greeneer tough guy fast (syndicat mode), or 3-4 hislittle friends and it will help you to survive and run when it`s need.

3) jump. MOBILITY. this skill put you on the second floor of Deffense in the Void. This skill pick you up on the next floor to your alvost duying teammate so u give him res. It is usefully then ultimate imho because u NOT A DAMAGE DEALLER. You are the last chase for your friends and yourself.

4) spear. nice for low-lvl enemy, useless for tough 40+ lvl mobs. (sindicate mod was good idea, but on 40+ u can`t kill mobs no with ult, no with even modified melee. it`s not enough.)

Ex is mobility, ex is there, where it needed, ex is frame of strong middle lane.

New rework take off our escape. It will be damage skill now, like a stance kombo? No, it will be a lost escape. Low damage, low speed, no effect. Imho bad idea, guys.

It also take of our jump. OK, you make a air-strike and it should useing instead of jump. BUT... for example, air-strike with dragon nikana can`t hold me so high as this jump. We lost mobility, now only Zephir will be fast. Offensively.

(give me runnig speed at least)

DE guys let us hold the ult. OK, this is really i am the one who don`t use it mostly. Maybe it will change after rework.

And the most interesting. The new ult, energy-blade. There is two points of view: ex-trueblader and ex-non-trueblader.

If non-trueblader use ortos or smth - ult use him to kill enemyes by blade. Changing is good, but non-blader mostly prefer it`s own non-blade waepon. For him ENERGY BLADE IS BAD IDEA.

OK, then what with ex-blader? Two years he trying different blades, make a build which will be usefull for close combat. (tell a short fact - i use the "streaming shield" mod for increase stamina for blocking and "parry" mod in my dr nikana for makes one-hit kills.)

And the greater, most interesting skill take MY NIKANA from my hands, give me diffeerent blade, with different stance and... nothing more. And i will die with this ligthsaber, because i use ult when i need help... and rich a jedi saber. Jedi saber with no any deffense, any control or smth that can save me in really bad moment.

GIVE ME MY NIKANA BACK. Ult can make smth else of interesting. It can summon light blades with fight on your side and parry bullets, it can stick light blades in target when your strike it. It can summon few blades in the 1 second at the strike-moment and make each your strike x6 (with animation of 5 different lightblade strikes at the seme moment when u strike). It should give u damage, yes, it should help you kill one-three tough guys, yes. This is right way for Excalibur. But DON`T TAKE OFF MY WAEPON. Please. This is the part of character, of the "tenno-way". Light-blade is good, but it is a candy for kids, it`s not seriosly.

I just hope that somebody from DE read this and think on the solo-excalibur conception and this announced ex ult.

I like excalibur. Hope u make it only better, without killng him spirit.

Thanks for attention

Antari

Excalibur NOT a powerfull frame. It is NOT damager like nova, it is NOT controller like voban and it is not stealth like rhino (joke).

It's not up to you to decide that. He's been an all-rounder this whole time, and it looks like he'll stay that way.

Removing super jump won't change that.