Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 With Words From De Steve. Gone:copter-Flying, Stamina, Wallrun!

Mak_Gohae

oVcBTD2.png

We've known stamina was gone for several weeks.

Never really used coptering for flying. I mostly endlessly slid on the ground, so i dont consider this that much of an impact.

Specially since directional attacks basically did the same thing and required less button presses.

The big thing is.... wall running gone?!?!??!?!?

So that Tombs of the Sentients trailer is now trashed? Cause all you are going to be doing is hopping around all over the place?

From the sound of all of this it looks like they may be slowing down the game.

u17 maybe the update that has people finally doing this.

n6AT0LS.gif

Update.

Some one asked and it seems

k2rJJ9t.png

Wall run is dead !

Update 2.

6IMVAQL.png

The wallhopping we saw in stream 53 is the new parkour 2.0

Wallrunning is dead, say hi to wallhopping.

Someone use G-mod and make a vid using Super Mario sounds and stuff.

BTW Dev stream 53 go 20 minutes in.

UPOsMm1.gif

There you go. Pressing jumping a whole lot. Looks like this is best for gamepads.

Plus paying attention to enemies might be a bit harder.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

The big thing is.... wall running gone?!?!??!?!?

I can't tell if this is a satire thread or not, but just to clarify for anyone confused, they're not removing wallrunning. They're making it smoother and allowing us to quickly transition between horizontal and vertical wallruns.

Rhythmic wallhopping is going to replace coptering/directional melee for the "gotta go fast!" meta.

Edited by SortaRandom

Doubt wall running is actually gone. He says latched wall running. Getting rid of wall running completely makes no sense and is obscene. It's not in line with parkour 2.0 changes.

Don't overreact. Please read...

Edited by Naith

well it may be the straw that broke the camel's back for many of us gamers oh well the new school with welcome this bunny hopping early 90's video game dinosaur movement but ill hold out till its implemented and maybe just take a break till its changed.

No, we'll still have wallrunning. "Latched" refers to how they described it to be lamely sticking you onto the wall without much control, and it felt stale. Basically, they mean more fluidity is being added.

Why would steve call that fuel for a doom thread?

They said they trashed the wallrunning we saw from that stream when they mistakenly showed sharkwing.

Why would steve call that fuel for a doom thread?

They said they trashed the wallrunning we saw from that stream when they mistakenly showed sharkwing.

...In the same stream we saw them running on walls and demonstrating how much more versatile it was now?

Only 'doom' I'm seeing is by coptering being altered and stamina being removed. Both of which I'm glad are being altered but some people (no names...) will clearly jump the gun when these are touched.

Edited by Naith

I'll bite.  2 years into the game, coptering is essentially a core mechanic.  I would be bored to tears just sprinting everywhere.  I'm interested to see what mechanics are introduced, but not at the expense of coptering.  

*Throws popcorn*  

Leave coptering alone!

Edited by PsychShaman

If coptering isn't replaced with something equally fast, I'm probably going to quit. This game is only made bearable by going fast.

There are other ways to move fast.

I'm glad that people will be forced to slow down and pay attention to their surroundings a bit more, we aren't going that slowly anyways.

If coptering isn't replaced with something equally fast, I'm probably going to quit. This game is only made bearable by going fast.

BYE!!!!

I'll bite.  2 years into the game, coptering is essentially a core mechanic.  I would be bored to tears just sprinting everywhere.  I'm interested to see what mechanics are introduced, but not at the expense of coptering.  

*Throws popcorn*  

Leave coptering alone!

there is still air melee, also whats wrong with slide flips?

Like?

Sprinting? Sliding? Wall-running? Possibly air dashes if they aren't altered too much?

All of the above if appropriately and skillfully combined in a fluent and swift way?

Edited by Naith