Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Wars: Battlefront Anybody?

ValkyrWF

Eh, I think it won't be bad, but I do miss certain things

It'll be lacking the best things that made Battlefront good.

Y'know how they keep saying "it's a reboot of the first game"? Well that's exactly the problem. They're making a reboot of an inferior game, if they had kept everything that was in Battlefront 2, this game would be simply amazing. Bugs aside of course.

It'll be lacking the best things that made Battlefront good.

Y'know how they keep saying "it's a reboot of the first game"? Well that's exactly the problem. They're making a reboot of an inferior game, if they had kept everything that was in Battlefront 2, this game would be simply amazing. Bugs aside of course.

^ this. This might be misinformation, but I heard there won't be space battles. Those were my favorite part of Battlefront 2...

Definitly No.

No Spacefights, No freely walking AT-AT, No 64 player mode, and so on.

Also PS4 is the Lead Platform which is really great if you are playing on PC.

The more things i hear and read and see about the Game the more im disappointed

I do like the graphics though, they look amazing.

Frostbite is an engine that should be used by Disney or Pixar for their CG movies, it's one of the worst engines out there when it comes to game engines.

Pipeline is PITA, loading times are atrocious most of the time, you cannot efficiently change minor things because that generally rebuilds in entire archive needing to be rebuilt and then changed, and it doesn't even look all that good when actually playing.

Also, every Frostbite game seems to inherit all the glitches, bugs and issues from previous games, no matter how much bugfixes earlier games had.

I watched the gameplay, it is amazing.

Force Commander game footage LOOKED amazing. The LESS said about the actual game the better. Google it.

Back to this game-

Leaving aside the blatant contradictions of established movie lore (Luke in black fighting Vader on Hoth... Ick!), the lack of space flight is not a good sign. The removal of Clone Wars era items and missions is another slap in the face. I am SURE we will see Jabba the Hutt wielding a ligthsaber and going toe to toe with Leia in a team deathmatch. (Her in the metal bikini with her chains as weapons of course.) That makes ABOUT as much sense as using a TIE fighter in atmosphere for ground attack. TIE fighters CAN operate in atmosphere. They suck at it. Not very aerodynamic, those hulls.

Yes, the game LOOKS cool.

We shall see how it plays. Not likely to pre-order tho.

Edited by Kalenath

Force Commander game footage LOOKED amazing. The LESS said about the actual game the better. Google it.

Back to this game-

Leaving aside the blatant contradictions of established movie lore (Luke in black fighting Vader on Hoth... Ick!), the lack of space flight is not a good sign. The removal of Clone Wars era items and missions is another slap in the face. I am SURE we will see Jabba the Hutt wielding a ligthsaber and going toe to toe with Leia in a team deathmatch. (Her in the metal bikini with her chains as weapons of course.) That makes ABOUT as much sense as using a TIE fighter in atmosphere for ground attack. TIE fighters CAN operate in atmosphere. They suck at it. Not very aerodynamic, those hulls.

Yes, the game LOOKS cool.

We shall see how it plays. Not likely to pre-order tho.

Who said space combat was gone, it could be included but not shown.

My answer hasn't changed since they first announced the game's existence: No.  I have seen nothing that has reassured me in any regard about how they would supposedly stay faithful to the original Battlefronts.

No singleplayer, no Clone Wars, no Galactic Conquest, class system gutted in favor of loadouts, on-rails AT-AT, only four planets, no space battles, "no comment" on the existence of bots, mods are unlikely, and I'm sure there's other BS that I'm forgetting.  Oh, and of course, the fact that EA is behind this abomination means that 1) there will be DLC that should have been included in the main game and 2) it will require Origin.  And F*** Origin.

Edited by Katakuna

God Force Commander was atrocious.

Actually, SWBF at E3 made me a little more hopeful. Graphically it looks immense but I am holding out to see more gameplay footage and what the game will contain. I definitely won't be pre-ordering for an obscene price. If I do purchase it, which is likely, there are ways to obtain it for a more reasonable price so if it does suck, you don't feel as burned.

Edited by Naith

Class system is thrown out. So is my attention with this game from now and forever more because of that.

Reason why battlefront is still played to this day by me after 9 years(yes 9 I got both late) was the brilliant story from the campaign.

No bots. Bots made the feel of war pop out. Now we just have "hey there's a noob over there being an idiot".

Anyone who is "hyped" about this seriously needs to play both of the previous games and then they may have our attention for an argument and an honest opinion on SW: BF 3.

Btw, where can I post this so their development team can see this? I might be only one drop of water but with enough we are an ocean.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek