Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina: Improve, Not Remove

NikolaiLev

A lot of the complaints regarding stamina (the constructive ones, anyway) outline a few specific problems with Warframe, one of which being the impedance on movement flow.  Which makes it baffling that removal is being called for, when that's simply throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Changing stamina so that it doesn't impede movement is simple: sprinting no longer drains stamina.  Make it stop, or slow stamina regeneration instead.

Increase all Warframe stamina values by double.  That will allow stamina management to remain in the game while mitigating its impact slightly.

Buff stamina management mods.  Things like second wind and Warrior's Grip are trash mods.  Buff them so they're actually useful; give them increased channeling efficiency, rather than decreased.

Introduce more stamina management mods; a dual stat mod that increases damage, status chance, or something combined with a decrease to stamina consumption per swing for melee weapons.  If a player wants to never deal with stamina, let him do so (at an opportunity cost, of course).

nice ideas there but steve said on twitter (i think) stamina will be removed

You don't seem to have read the OP. They know it is, that's the whole point of this. They're saying it should not be, and should be improved instead.

@OP. I just want it gone frankly. Key words in your OP were "ONE OF". Impeding movement isn't the only issue, it's also related to blocking. Stamina as it exists now cannot be fixed, it can only be thrown out and redone from scratch. Right now we're in the "throw out" stage, maybe someday we'll get a new one that works from scratch.

No, remove it.
DE have make the awesome decition.
Removing something that people never care or never is going to sacrifice more efficient mods, just for running more.
Dual stats mods, dont looks efficient if we have stamina consumition decreased and double, if people actually dont manage as how is it now...

They are removing it, because it actually does nothing, with the upcoming parkour 2.0 and more, stamina is going to decrease the movement on players, cool moves, and they dont want it.

Warframe mod selection is already so incredibly cutthroat that nobody will ever use stamina mods.  It makes sense from an game and lore perspective to just gut stamina.  

I mean, what is stamina even used for?

1: Sprinting, which you want to remove it from

2: Combos.

3: Wallrunning.

With the emphasis on movement, and the supposed physical abilities of the warframes, stamina is just useless.  Send it away.  

I like the Stamina mods. The build diversity is refreshing. But, they need another pass and stamina in relation to movement needed to either be removed or rebalanced.

I worry a little that the lack of stamina will just lead to more rushing, and more Melee spam, over combo use. Why make the combos if they aren't going to be used?

If the DE introduced systems such as Stamina being required to use certain abilities then yes I would be ok with it staying because it introduced a new set of skill making it a huge gameplay mechanic. However I don't see them doing this because It is a stupid idea in the current game and would make anything past 40 minutes impossible for a average player. So I think I rather see it removed.

Stamina is a ball and chain! It drags on the ground and slows you down! If they want to keep stamina, fine! Keep it for melee mechanics, but let the runners run free!

But yeah, I think stamina has a place, that place just isn't for sprinting. Melee is under powered and stamina management only makes it worse. In order to attack an enemy in melee you need to run over to them... This means you either sprint, consuming your stamina while blocking, or walk, consuming your stamina while blocking... Or you just bull rush them sprinting without blocking or jog up to them and probably tank it with your face and die... Each of these consumes lots of stamina and or HP to do, meaning when you get there (assuming they don't decide to run away and goose chase you) you have little stamina to use for melee... Meanwhile, you could have shot them clean across the room and killed them in the time it took you to move form point A to point B...

Stamina... That thing I just assume I never have when I melee. That thing that makes me look at melee as a joke. That thing I've given up on. You know... That thing... That thing we hate? That thing everyone hates...

Kill it with fire.

Edited by Riasiru

If stamina will not stop you from running then what is the point of having it at all?

For blocking? You are not going to even think about blocking as long as stamina hinders it.

For wallrunning? This change will be equal to giving wallrun distance a hard cap. But what is the point of it? And wallrun will not be a thing in parkour 2.0.

Your change = removing stamina and not fixing blocking. I want blocking, so lets only remove stamina.

Edited by Repligon

I kinda agree with OP since they will have to come up with a new system to limit certain things such as how much you can block. I'm believe "stamina" to be a better name than "block bar". Don't misunderstand because I believe that stamina should be removed from all things mobility wise and should be saved only for "exhausting" maneuvers such as blocking and charge attacks (once reintroduced).

Im okay with removing system which just imitates resource management but also requires no management.

But its not about sprinting alone, its being used for melee which is far behind top dps, requires you to go out in the open and its only defense, block also uses stamina.

Tbh melee isnt anywhere near powerful enough to be limited by any resource.

I kinda agree with OP since they will have to come up with a new system to limit certain things such as how much you can block. I'm believe "stamina" to be a better name than "block bar". Don't misunderstand because I believe that stamina should be removed from all things mobility wise and should be saved only for "exhausting" maneuvers such as blocking and charge attacks (once reintroduced).

Blocking is not an issue at all, do you not realize that you can only block from the front and not avoid anything from the side and behind you? That's enough balance right there to justify Stamina's death.