Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Inaccuracy

Zhoyzu

NOT A BIG DEAL

but the geek in me would like to see the correction to Uranus in the solar map.

Uranus is a weird planet as it rotates on its horizontal axis. This is why Uranus has vertical rings. when you select Uranus the rings are perpendicular to its rotation rather then parallel.

Adjust the rings (easier(?)) or change its rotation axis (harder(?))

i like how people can identify these things. there are a ton of threads about inconsistencies.

but its a game where a dude stomps his foot down and slows time and makes people levitate.

just saying makes me lol.

i wonder if they will every fix any of these things people point out. or if they are broken on purpose.

Also if I recal correctly, (This isnt about Ur Anus tho) Pluto rotates in a weird orbit. Like its slanted...

Yes, Pluto's orbit is not parallel to the solar plane, and it is far more oval than the other planets. An even bigger inconsistency is that several moons are orbiting around the Sun instead of their respective planets.

Edited by Nuntium

Yes, Pluto's orbit is not parallel to the solar plane, and it is far more oval than the other planets. An even bigger inconsistency is that several moons are orbiting around the Sun instead of their respective planets.

They got knocked/thrown out of orbit by particularly large impacts/time itself (our own moon is slowly drifting away from Earth, potentially the same for other planets' moons).

Easy explanation.

(our own moon is slowly drifting away from Earth, potentially the same for other planets' moons).Easy explanation.

That isn't an indefinite process; it'll stop when the Earth becomes tidally locked to the Moon. (When Earth's rotation period matches the Moon's orbital period)

Though the process is so slow (due to the mass differential) it'll never happen in the life time of the planet.

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

220px-Sedna_orbit.svg.png

That is the orbit of Sedna.Yeah.

Anyways, I think that the map of the solar system ingame is just a holographic projection made for our convenience, and it doesn't reflect the actual placement of planets and moons outside of whatever dark room our Tenno is sitting in.

Still, I'd like to see Uranus rotate correctly.

The Sun's a hot star

Mercury's hot too~

Venus is the brightest planet!

and Earth's home to me and you.

Mars is the red one,

and Jupiter's most wide!

Saturns got those icy rings,

and Uranus spins on it's side.

Nepute's really windy!

and Pluto's really small...

Well we wanted to name the planets

and now we've names them all~

Why does Sedna have a circle orbit? why is the planet green when it should be red? why is Europa a free moving planetoid when it is actually a moon of Jupiter? These are all good and interesting questions that no one has answers for.

Edited by LeBlaue

No that wouldn't be nice.

Do you want to constantly die every time you get hit by a bullet?

Nah, I got other games for that. :p

Although it would depend on the amount of body armour and the bullet being fired.

The 5.45×39mm, for example, is kinda crap against body armour.

That is the orbit of Sedna.Yeah.

Was wondering if someone else would mention that.

yes it is, it's a dwarf PLANET

How about we just call it a trans-Neptunian object?

Speaking of which, did anyone check if Eris has the correct orbit?

It should be an oval like Sedna, but smaller, and at a 44 degree angle compared to most of the other planets' orbits.