Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

Lore friendly, totally. We use that tech for "storing" capture targets

Ninja friendly, also. 

It would help on the idea of making faster switch between weapons, yes, so more reasons to have that

It would help on clipping issues? Well, it will make those issues almost banish. We have a lot of variants on cosmetics for our warframes, so less work on DE for every new warframe, so they can focus on other stuff

Finally, it would make a lot of weapons lose it's cosmetic charm, like kunai ammo pouch, and nikana. Not too fan on that.

With all said, I would love to see this becoming a feature. Having the option to switch between visible or not visible weapons would please everyone, but I can see more potential if only one choice is made. 

+1

Creating a swirl of void energy to form a weapon in your hand would look amazing!

I feel that it would work best if it did that only with large melee (excluding nikanas) and primaries, because secondaries normally don't disturb anything (except the stug). It would also add to the feel of the game in a way. We wouldn't be holding massive weapons all the time, we'd have a pistol and a blade. It takes away the feeling of having that massive weapon constantly in front of you, reminding you that you can destroy everything in a few clicks. It makes being a tenno feel that much more badass and brings back that feeling of 'one against many' that gave the game urgency in the older days.

Edit: Forgot to English, wrote 'didn't' twice.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

People would claim a ripoff of borderlands. I would also create the argument for having tons of weapons to choose from mid mission, since don't have to actually carry them.

Escape mission wouldn't make much sense, why recover weapons when I can just materialize more.

Edited by Lightsmith

People would claim a ripoff of borderlands.

What can be argueable be a ripoff of monkey island magic pocket, what is a ripoff of doraemon/Dungeons and dragons bag of holding....The idea of a portable holder that allows carring a ton of stuff conveniently in a small space has been around for more than 40 years. Move on

I would also create the argument for having tons of weapons to choose from mid mission, since don't have to actually carry them.

For that we have the arsenal, to hold ALL our arsenal. We have to keep memory/space left on the "hand pocket" in case Lotus decide to change the objective of the mission to a capture mission, and for the loot. Cause I haven't seen a Tenno with a backpack with tons of credits, mods and nanospores.

And except for kunai/bow, almost all the weapons seem to use already this system for storing ammunition. 

Also this idea can add a new level of disarming feature, kind of Drahk Master halikar disarm attack, but to a new level. What if all of a sudden corpus makes a new hunting group, kind of G3 that, among other things, have disruption field for that kind of technology, disabling it, forcing us to fight with the last weapon materialized and even with only the ammo on magazine and what we can gather around. Could be interesting

Edited by Morgo

Would it be very terrible?

What if we had them tenno-magically beamed into existence when we swap weapons?

Like we reach up and boom! Flash of light whatever effects and the weapon is in our hands. Just an example, doesn't have to be as optically sadistic or long even. Could be as simple as a dissolution into energy or something. Puff of energy colored smoke? I'm sure DE can fine tune it. What i'm after is the community's opinion regarding it.

I just can't stand the clipping especially with the flowing syandanas.

It could be an option... or even a plat option. :)

Clarification:

SAME WEAPON LOADOUT RULES APPLY. We not going to be centurions... quite yet. LOL

Just looked at the pic below and i do not think there's any physical way that you can arrange those weapons and not clip... >_<

Example:

ZoNheXX.jpg

no. i'm against this idea. If anything make it optional.

It's a neat idea but nothing currently being developed like this. When a time window for experimentation in this way emerges for the dev team it might be something they prototype, but nothing we can commit to. I checked with Geoff and I know some talks about "phasing" or "materializing" has been talked about, but again, just talks.

OMG. It got noticed! >_< I am looking forward to that time! :D

I've always felt things like the pole arms felt a bit silly on our backs like that. Since it is the future I figure that instead of on our backs the larger things would be more compact and on our mid back, like the daggers, and then unfold into their full glory when we draw them. As for rifles, I don't know, I'm not a fan of the beam my hand cannon down ordis, thing. However, that's just my personal taste. A lot of people might like it. I agree that the clipping is kind of off putting though.

I don't know, Orokin portals seems like a very complicated part of science in Warframe, with that huge portal room and it's consoles, i have trouble imagining hammerspace holsters and sheats for Warframe, even for the Tenno who are generally more advanced over everyone else. Of course the structures into the Void are basically hidden into another dimension, but they are, like the portal room to access them, huge infrastructures that must come with space and energy requirements.

If we consider Ask A Cephalon to be at all canon, it was implied that light-construct(materializing, as Rebecca's post puts it) exists- even if it's not particularly common. So, rather than just hammerspacing our guns we'd materialize them(basically out of nothing) as needed.

But yes, if this is ever a thing, it needs to be an optional thing.

I had a suggestion for this many moons ago. 

Basically we have the ability to suck up capture targets into the weird thingies in our hands...right? We essentially de-materialize an entire being....a very complex structure. 

Weapons in comparison (on a molecular level etc) are very simple...so it should be SUPER easy for us to de/materialize stuff from there. Not sure why DE hasn't explored that option. This could be very awesome to look at as well...imagine weapons phasing out/into existence with a fancy glowing animation. 

They could simply support via on/off feature at first...and if they see that a BIG majority of people prefer sucking up their weapons...they can remove "holstered" weapons completely...which would be awesome for them as well because they would no longer have to work out how to holster all the different weapons  (That takes actual developing time  away from other things!) because as far as I know...it's being done MANUALLY for EVERY frame right now...that has got to be a massive waste of time on the developing side of things.

^^^....it would be cool if DE would experiment, of course whenever they get a chance. This method can be beneficial to DE in the long run.

I've looked and looked and looked, but I cannot find a clip for it other than a 1 secon shot in the movie trailer.
I've always thought we've needed a system like they had in the Ultraviolet movie. Where you can store and pull out weapons and ammo when needed. The reloading in the movie is really neat too, with the bullets loading from Violet's wrists.
It's a lot better in practice than in text tho. lol

I'm with you OP. I can't stand clipping either. How in the world can you pull a sword through a rifle or bow unless the weapons phase in and out? But we need an animation for that for it to make clear sense.

Im supporting OP as well, that would be such a cool way to fight *-* that would be really cool

and for the lack of the better word LITERALLY ,,have the technology'' for dematerilizing our weapons ( dematerializing capture targets is sure far more complex then a simple weapon, so i hope DE might explore it :) ).

Edited by MihawkDulacr1

Something like Blands2's Tediore brand reload animations?

More like Borderland's general weapon swap animation. You don't see it for your own character, but when you swap weapon, you reach behind you, weapon A dematerializes and weapon B materializes in your hand.

Sounds like a cool idea - throw additional melee holster positions in the mix, and I'm sold. :)

It's a neat idea but nothing currently being developed like this. When a time window for experimentation in this way emerges for the dev team it might be something they prototype, but nothing we can commit to. I checked with Geoff and I know some talks about "phasing" or "materializing" has been talked about, but again, just talks.

I have always wanted to see some "materialising" ala borderlands 1 and 2 style. That would be neat. 

I do like this idea, though I didn't read through all the comments, however I could see something like the Vanquish (game) transformations. Where it comes out of like a core. Here's a link showing for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/WEQc7p3X4HM

When I read this post this is exactly what came to my mind, I know copying is not professional at all, but something similar maybe?

Edited by OokamiDamashi

I do like this idea, though I didn't read through all the comments, however I could see something like the Vanquish (game) transformations. Where it comes out of like a core. Here's a link showing for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/WEQc7p3X4HM

When I read this post this is exactly what came to my mind, I know copying is not professional at all, but something similar maybe?

I'd prefer pulling weapons out of the Void pockets we seemingly keep extra ammo in. Also, I'd like to point out that this HAS to be an option, not something we'd be forced to use.