Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

This is exaclty what I wish for like every single third person "fantasy" game. And for warframe.. I just hate how these weapons just "stick" to our back, reach into it, float in front of it without even touching and all this in rediculous positions. That's ugly. And since tenno are capable of "digitalizing" and sucking whole living beings into their frames, why the hek do they carry their weapons at their back? That seems not normal to me. So please, DE, make the wish of OP come true.

It's cool, but i'd rather have one of these :P

hIYW0kK.jpg

Would love to have under accessory harnesses that don't clip with anything on the back. Some physics would also be a nice touch but probably won't ever happen.

Edited by kiteohatto

Clipping or no clipping I much prefer to see the weapons I am carrying.

Which is why we need this as an option, nothing else. I share your opinion for the most part, but would sometimes prefer to hide certain armaments.

Why is this community so extremist when it comes to the smallest problems in the game? The answer isn't cutting out everything related to clipping, as that is actually more of a complicated coding fix for DE. All they would really need to do is move the weaponry around a little, and see if they can make the mesh a little more solid.

On top of that, nowhere in the lore does it support magic for tenno like that. The frames give abilities, yes, but they don't pull out fully functioning solid weaponry out of thin air. The lore supports the ancient orokin war era where a lot of these weapons were created, so yeah, the tenno are going to wear them even if it's a reminder of what they're fighting for.

And then there's the fact that the idea of anything pulling anything out of thin air is just stupid... makes absolutely no sense no matter what angle I try to approach it at and even after reading the comments. Just... eh... nooo

Instead if going extremist, maybe it would be better to go to DE and say "hey this is broken, so can we reposition some of the stuff and work on the mesh clipping, maybe make the graphics side a little more solid?", considering clipping seems to be the issue.

Your right about the second paragraph, so that means the 'collapsing in to a small cube' or other related ideas cannot exist for the Prime weapons. As in the codex of Mag Prime said, the Orokin used Zero Tech weapons to fight the Sentient, which kinda confuses when Archwings come in.

But the pulling out of thin air idea can exist. It can match the lore. The Tenno have slept for a thousand years. The DOJO's have teleports, why can't we put teleporters onto our weapons?

Why is this community so extremist when it comes to the smallest problems in the game? The answer isn't cutting out everything related to clipping, as that is actually more of a complicated coding fix for DE. All they would really need to do is move the weaponry around a little, and see if they can make the mesh a little more solid.

On top of that, nowhere in the lore does it support magic for tenno like that. The frames give abilities, yes, but they don't pull out fully functioning solid weaponry out of thin air. The lore supports the ancient orokin war era where a lot of these weapons were created, so yeah, the tenno are going to wear them even if it's a reminder of what they're fighting for.

And then there's the fact that the idea of anything pulling anything out of thin air is just stupid... makes absolutely no sense no matter what angle I try to approach it at and even after reading the comments. Just... eh... nooo

Instead if going extremist, maybe it would be better to go to DE and say "hey this is broken, so can we reposition some of the stuff and work on the mesh clipping, maybe make the graphics side a little more solid?", considering clipping seems to be the issue.

Your right about the second paragraph, so that means the 'collapsing in to a small cube' or other related ideas cannot exist for the Prime weapons. As in the codex of Mag Prime said, the Orokin used Zero Tech weapons to fight the Sentient, which kinda confuses when Archwings come in.

But the pulling out of thin air idea can exist. It can match the lore. The Tenno have slept for a thousand years. The DOJO's have teleports, why can't we put teleporters onto our weapons?

yes plis. like the "nano transformer" from phantasy star universe

vp8wzG.gif

but then you might run into this problem...

yxlbRb.gif

vn6G5Q.gif

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

It's a neat idea but nothing currently being developed like this. When a time window for experimentation in this way emerges for the dev team it might be something they prototype, but nothing we can commit to. I checked with Geoff and I know some talks about "phasing" or "materializing" has been talked about, but again, just talks.