Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Expecting A Proper Nyx Rework After Frost?

Vasault

Nyx is my favorite frame after excalibur(no,i'm not one of those casuals who started using exca after the rework), she's a pretty versatil frame, i end up building her prime version, but after several months of play, i realize how bad is she, mostly because of her abilities, nobody wants her on defense or interception, or even raids, her chaos ability might be a good controlling power, with a great duration, but it seems to fail when you actually see enemies still attack you like nothing happened, or her ability 2, which has to be the most useless ability IN THE GAME after super jump of course, in my daily gameplay, i use to abuse from her mind control ability, which is amazing, except for the ai, that can make it useless sometimes, and lastly the ultimate, a very useful power for defenses, but when it comes to kill high level enemies, is the most useless ultimate ever, the energy drain is so fast that you can barely recast it, so please de, make a proper rework, a rework to make her more useful, like frost is one of the most useful frames in the game, nyx is just.....nyx

Nyx is my favorite frame after excalibur(no,i'm not one of those casuals who started using exca after the rework), she's a pretty versatil frame, i end up building her prime version, but after several months of play, i realize how bad is she, mostly because of her abilities, nobody wants her on defense or interception, or even raids, her chaos ability might be a good controlling power, with a great duration, but it seems to fail when you actually see enemies still attack you like nothing happened, or her ability 2, which has to be the most useless ability IN THE GAME after super jump of course, in my daily gameplay, i use to abuse from her mind control ability, which is amazing, except for the ai, that can make it useless sometimes, and lastly the ultimate, a very useful power for defenses, but when it comes to kill high level enemies, is the most useless ultimate ever, the energy drain is so fast that you can barely recast it, so please de, make a proper rework, a rework to make her more useful, like frost is one of the most useful frames in the game, nyx is just.....nyx

chaos is kind of good due to cast it in cover

Mind control good again ,use it on things like heavies before things get serious

psychic bolts ,argeeable if it does not have the augment

asborb again is argeeable

After Frost I'm expecting Ember will be getting a rework. As much as I would love for Nyx to be looked at again by DE, it's widely accepted that Ember is "the most useless frame" or "cannot hold her own in higher tiers". So Ember is probably next. After that, who knows, maybe Nyx would go on the table.

1- Mind control doesn't need to be cast for 20+ seconds... this is an opinion.
2- Bolts, yep with the augment their usefull, you can stun a lot of enemies with a low cost.Without it they are useless, there we agree
3- Chaos is a very good skill build correctly
4- Absorb the higher the level your enemies actually the better, because it depends on the damage received...

In my opinion to use nyx in her full capacity you need to use a different build.
More towards efficiency... shorter duration, strenght you dont need it anyways, and there you can make room for the bolts augment.wich make it a usefull ability. especially if you want to solo.. 
And duration again in my opinion isn't the best way to go with her...
Because only mind control takes benefit from that kind a build. But i guess i want to use that appelative augment...
If thats the case you ll have to use her augment for chaos too, or it will backfire on you...
There are frames that need work for real... not the case of Nyx in my opinion...

chaos is kind of good due to cast it in cover

Mind control good again ,use it on things like heavies before things get serious

psychic bolts ,argeeable if it does not have the augment

asborb again is argeeable

chaos is a pretty good ability, but is kinda worthless when you see enemies coming to you anyway

mind control is my favorite ability, if i see those extremely op bombards, i use my mind control power rather to actually fight them, cause you know, nyx is a very weak frame

psychic bolts, no comments here, DELETE THIS DE !!

the ultimate surely needs a sort of rework, like make the energy drain a little bit slower, because at high level enemies, you get your 300 mana or in my case 450, get drain in about 3.4 secs, at least make a sort of bubble like the one from frost, so you can "protect" your teammate from enemy bullets

-snop-

Whoa. Are you okay? Nyx is my favourite Frame at the moment. She is perfectly fine.

Mind Control is a great first ability. Claim those Napalms or those Shockwave Moas as your own, or take away a troublesome enemy from the battlefield and make him your ally. Great power.

​Psychic Bolts, I con't say I use. But they basically work like Ash's Shurriken with less damage and no Bleed proc. If anything, this is the only thing that needs to be buffed.

Chaos. An extremely useful power. This literally thins out the heat on you and your team. Sure, not EVERY enemy stops attacking you, but it's not Mind Control. This ability makes the AI attack both other AI and Players. It was never intended to JUST attack other AI. That would just make it Mind Control with an AoE.

Absorb is a beautiful mod. And I don't even use Power Strength on my build. Just wait till you clock enough damage. Get your team to contribute if you must. If you find you get to the point where the damage doesn't kill them, then think of the utility behind this ability. IT HAS 100% KNOCKDOWN ON EVERYONE IN THE AREA!! This is PLENTY of time for you and your team to wipe the floor with those guys... LITERALLY!

Nyx does not need a re-work. Nyx is perfectly fine where she is.

Every frame wihch have disadvantage but I am sure this will be solved mostly health-armor-shield buffs or adding some minor extra speed. Ember got her reworks and buffs don't know what she need more. Oberon got his buff and he is pretty viable now excall.

Loki is maybe on the armor side because he is still very useful. Zephyr need only armor buff and maybe her first and second skill forge into one and given anoter. Don't have limbo but maybe some stat addition could help. Frost will be buffed so we see that how he will operate.

Other mentions : Trinity (armor) improve her abilities, Nyx (armor/shield) psychic bolts rework, Volt, after they released volt prime the volt seems pretty underpowered compared to prime counter part so his skills need to be better to nearly match with prime. Hydroid, don't know him so maybe he need some extra. Banshee (armor-speed) and almost she is okay but maybe her ulti and first skill could be changed. Ash (armor/hp/shield) maybe speed and bladestorm.

Correct me if I miss something else.

I use Ember and Nyx all the time in high level games, and don't really have any issues. Nyx was main for the lvl 150+ interception tact alert awhile back. Ember is my main for anything infested, and that's fine.

There's enough OP frames in this game and they all get crap for it.

at least make a sort of bubble like the one from frost, so you can "protect" your teammate from enemy bullets

This mechanic already works... And the more Range you have, the bigger the bubble. Now, this also means you absorb a lot more damage, because wider absorb bubble means wider area of soaking up that find damage

I use Ember and Nyx all the time in high level games, and don't really have any issues. Nyx was main for the lvl 150+ interception tact alert awhile back. Ember is my main for anything infested, and that's fine.

There's enough OP frames in this game and they all get crap for it.

how in the world you manage yo survive a 150lv enemy? nyx is a very cheap frame

4- Absorb the higher the level your enemies actually the better, because it depends on the damage recieved...

Not really. It becomes useless after a certain point, because each 1000 damage drains 8 energy. That means you'll eventually run out of energy for each activation while not doing enough damage to kill the enemies

At first when I read the title I thought this was a troll thread :/. Nyx, in my opinion is fine the way she is. The only ability that needs to be reworked is her #2. Other than that she's fine. I also have to disagree with you on the nobody uses her in raids. The 4 man squad me and my friends use her all of the time, her large CC, Chaos is too good to pass up, and absorb is actually scale able to a certain degree. Even though your energy could be depleted fast but does it really matter if you have max range. You're going to explode and all of the enemies will die in the process :(.....Sorry but If you want a rework you're not playing her correctly.

Edited by (PS4)Madkiller2580

At first when I read the title I thought this was a troll thread :/. Nyx, in my opinion is fine the way she is. The only ability that needs to be reworked is her #2. Other than that she's fine. I also have to disagree with you on the nobody uses her in raids. The 4 man squad me and my friends use her all of the time, her large CC, Chaos is too good to pass up, and absorb is actually scale able to a certain degree. Even though your energy could be depleted fast but does it really matter if you have max range. You're going to explode and all of the enemies will die in the process :(.....Sorry but If you want a rework you're not playing her correctly.

troll is expecting a rework for valkyr or mesa, but nyx is cheap and is the less used frame in the game

troll is expecting a rework for valkyr or mesa, but nyx is cheap and is the less used frame in the game

Ha, That's funny. Nyx, is the less used frame in the game. You have to be joking. Nyx, is the queen of CC, and has and will always be(Hopfully). Like I said, if you want a nyx rework you're not playing her to the best of her abilities. Nyx has come a long way and now she's in a good place. Nyx don't need a rework just her #2 needs to be revamped or replaced. Now please tell me where did you see/hear that Nyx is the less used frame in the game. You're personal experience lol.....

Ha, That's funny. Nyx, is the less used frame in the game. You have to be joking. Nyx, is the queen of CC, and has and will always be(Hopfully). Like I said, if you want a nyx rework you're not playing her to the best of her abilities. Nyx has come a long way and now she's in a good place. Nyx don't need a rework just her #2 needs to be revamped or replaced. Now please tell me where did you see/hear that Nyx is the less used frame in the game. You're personal experience lol.....

tell me when you see a nyx on defenses or interception, or even raids, then we talk...

tell me when you see a nyx on defenses or interception, or even raids, then we talk...

Lol, All the time.....You see people recruiting for nyx all the time in the recruiting for defense missions. I surely do, and my fellow friends as well. Have a A LOT of friends that mains Nyx. Did a Ceres Survival with a friend who Mains nyx and we went over 80 mins off of him spamming Chaos and Absorb....So please don't pull that..

I'm not a huge Nyx player, so I can't tell you much about playing her after her changes. However, I love having a Nyx on my team. Last time, I ran tower survival with a friend Nyx and me running Shadows Nekros build. Our armies were infinite!

Nyx is pretty dope in nearly all situations.

Lol, All the time.....You see people recruiting for nyx all the time in the recruiting for defense missions. I surely do, and my fellow friends as well. Have a A LOT of friends that mains Nyx. Did a Ceres Survival with a friend who Mains nyx and we went over 80 mins off of him spamming Chaos and Absorb....So please don't pull that..

If it wasn't for NYX, and her CHAOS, and ABSORB that wouldn't have been the case...

Not really. It becomes useless after a certain point, because each 1000 damage drains 8 energy. That means you'll eventually run out of energy for each activation while not doing enough damage to kill the enemies

I can't test it now.. So i can't confirm the numbers. But what it seems to me is that, there is lot people that don't know that frames that have ultimates that drain energy need full eficiency to make them viable in end game. Like Mesa and Chroma , if you planning building them to use your ult, you better have them with full eficiency or you will run out of energy.

This thread is really showing that people today complain for anything, without trying the possibilities offered...
Some time ago it was almost mandatory to have a nyx to go past 40 min in end game, and she didn't change a bit.
Again learn and try different builds. Just because it doesn't work like you want, doesn't mean that works bad.
I see a lot people complaining with no reasons,just with bad builds.
Before complaing and influence other players by your words,you should learn and ask for advice how to use if you don't know.
I said it, and I say it again this thread is ridiculous.