Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catbrow Bald Spots

SquirmyBurrito

Inb4 "you monster your cat is fat and how can you live with yourself you're torturing her I'm calling animal control"

On the real, though, maybe put her on a diet if you haven't already.

Yeah, she was fat when we rescued her. I've tried putting her on a diet (same for my other fat catbrow) but certain other people love to ignore the portion sizes I dictate...

Yeah, she was fat when we rescued her. I've tried putting her on a diet (same for my other fat catbrow) but certain other people love to ignore the portion sizes I dictate...

That feel. I know it.

I had to explain to my parents that a lot of cats will overeat if food is always within reach. People in general don't really think much about the fact that "however much you think good" is not necessarily the right amount.

She is a big gal who needs her cat chow! Don't deny her!

On the subject, my cat gets a bald spot on his lower belly from time to time, no idea what causes it.

then.... do the right thing and tell people off that are abusing the animal.

contrary to popular belief, not feeding your animals correctly and giving them a very unhealthy diet - is animal abuse.

let them know that, and see if living with the knowledge that doing that is abusing the animal(s) is something they're okay with.

i have a feeling that's a problem solved.

then.... do the right thing and tell people off that are abusing the animal.

contrary to popular belief, not feeding your animals correctly and giving them a very unhealthy diet - is animal abuse.

let them know that, and see if living with the knowledge that doing that is abusing the animal(s) is something they're okay with.

i have a feeling that's a problem solved.

Already did that. So far the best I've been able to do is cut down their treat consumption. Every time I get rid of their ever-present bowl of dry food, someone puts it back while I'm at work/school.

Every time I get rid of their ever-present bowl of dry food, someone puts it back while I'm at work/school.

call the nearest Animal Control center and explain the situation.

have them come to your location and explain that Animal Abuse is not acceptable and proving that they are capable of treating Animals correctly. if not, confiscation actions may be taken.

an ultimatum generally fixes people's s... right up.

call the nearest Animal Control center and explain the situation.

have them come to your location and explain that Animal Abuse is not acceptable and proving that they are capable of treating Animals correctly. if not, confiscation actions may be taken.

an ultimatum generally fixes people's s... right up.

I think I'll continue trying to convince them to stop interfering with the diet I put them on rather than earning myself some enemies that I really don't want.

My Gran is bad about that.  My 9 year old tom will eat wet food until he throws up and then demand more, it's gotten to the point that I'll take pictures of the steamy pile and send it to my grandmother with a little "Please stop feeding him wet food so often."   She hates me for it but she's started cutting down on it, finally. 

I've tried "Hey, it's making him sick, please stop."  "Yes, I know he wants the entire can but he's throwing up on my bed." and other please for her to stop.

My Gran is bad about that.  My 9 year old tom will eat wet food until he throws up and then demand more, it's gotten to the point that I'll take pictures of the steamy pile and send it to my grandmother with a little "Please stop feeding him wet food so often."   She hates me for it but she's started cutting down on it, finally. 

I've tried "Hey, it's making him sick, please stop."  "Yes, I know he wants the entire can but he's throwing up on my bed." and other please for her to stop.

I wonder if that's why she (cat from OP) was throwing up a while back.

With Tank, he's scarfing it down too fast and I think he's getting to the age where that much wet food is too rich or something.

Ours doesn't eat particularly fast, but she does tend to go back and pick at the dried remnants if I remove the dish from the floor after they're initially finished with it.