The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inmortal Exalted Excallibur Build

zercas

Question

Quick Thinking is so bad right now that even Steel Fiber or Redirection gives more damage mitigation. 

QT + Rage is viable only on tanky frames such Chroma or Trinity as far as i know.

I've found out that increasing the Strength for Exalted Blade is rather futile, because between the melee mods and the finisher bonus damage you can achieve with either RB or the slide attack of EB you do pretty damn high damage anyway. It would be worth it to increase the armor, that means something around 61% damage reduction with Steel Fiber. 

Edited by TheGoodDarius

I'm using this build:

http://goo.gl/d0dZRH

Kind of similar.  I've stopped using Quick Thinking, because it's sort of gimmicky, and post nerf doesn't actually work properly anymore..  I'd rather drop a health restore if things get really bad.  Also, the build I have listed is usually paired with a melee weapon with a rank 1 life strike equipped.

I built this way so my radial blind isn't useless due to having a short duration.

I do have another pure exalted blade build that has all damage mods on, but it's kind of overkill.

As above, I haven't seen a reason to mod +STR on Excalibur given that every single melee mod gives you a heavy damage bonus, and Exalted Blade's base damage is twice the damage of the hardest hitting melee weapon in the game, at a much faster attack speed.

As above, I haven't seen a reason to mod +STR on Excalibur given that every single melee mod gives you a heavy damage bonus, and Exalted Blade's base damage is twice the damage of the hardest hitting melee weapon in the game, at a much faster attack speed.

Uhm, what level have you tested the ability to say that?

Uhm, what level have you tested the ability to say that?

45 minute T4 solo, I extracted at 45 cause I was hungry and wanted lunch. 

Thing is I usually solo T3/T4 melee only on Valkyr with Scindo prime eternal war build (I dislike hysteria). If scindo prime can handle high level enemies with mere melee mods, then Exalted blade, at twice the base damage, but faster swing speed, blade waves, and auto-parry + all those melee mods can also do just fine, with the added bonus of having a much more flexible and usable aoe stun->melee execute than Valkyr's Paralysis. 

*shrug* That's just my take on it. Mod str if you want, but the inclusion of all of the melee mods combined with high base damage kinda makes it a little redundant to mod strength IMO.

45 minute T4 solo, I extracted at 45 cause I was hungry and wanted lunch. 

Thing is I usually solo T3/T4 melee only on Valkyr with Scindo prime eternal war build (I dislike hysteria). If scindo prime can handle high level enemies with mere melee mods, then Exalted blade, at twice the base damage, but faster swing speed, blade waves, and auto-parry + all those melee mods can also do just fine, with the added bonus of having a much more flexible and usable aoe stun->melee execute than Valkyr's Paralysis. 

*shrug* That's just my take on it. Mod str if you want, but the inclusion of all of the melee mods combined with high base damage kinda makes it a little redundant to mod strength IMO.

It was just curiosity.

Since I haven't tested the new Excalibur too much yet, any feedback is important!

It was just curiosity.

Since I haven't tested the new Excalibur too much yet, any feedback is important!

I basically sum it up as: Anything I could do with Scindo Prime, Exalted Blade can do better (at base), and Scindo Prime is already considered by many to be ridiculously unbalanced as far as melee weapons go.  Sure, Intensify will increase your base damage to 325, and Transient Fortitude/Blind Rage will also increase it's damage further, which in turn will also scale the damage and elemental mods on your melee weapons far into the realms of absurd melee damage, but at that junction, your Radial Blind will last almost nothing, and reach nowhere, removing one of your biggest defenses -and- your biggest source of damage, as Blade Waves -and- melee attacks get stealth bonuses against blinded enemies.

I prefer to make Exalted Blade cost nothing to maintain, while keeping good range and duration on Radial Blind:

http://goo.gl/7OWY9q

The Stretch and Flow I'm still experimenting with alternating with Streamline and/or Intensify. 

Edited by Gelkor

I'm toying with some added strength for use with his SD augment, which can very quickly get you up to the ~2-2.5x damage combo counter boost, which is a considerable amount of added damage at higher levels. If I wasn't using the augment, I could see dropping some strength and using the counters even more often.

Yeah. Ive found out that Exalted Blade does ridiculous amounts of damage after Radial Blind that power strength is actually just overkill.

In place of that what you'd want is Radial Finish(RF) augment. I don't even use Surging Dash anymore, although on paper its excellent.

Someone on the wiki said he got 800k damage with 170% power strength + RF. I just added to 150% and I get stuff like 600k. I'd expect 100% to be about 400k finisher damage..

I basically sum it up as: Anything I could do with Scindo Prime, Exalted Blade can do better (at base), and Scindo Prime is already considered by many to be ridiculously unbalanced as far as melee weapons go.  Sure, Intensify will increase your base damage to 325, and Transient Fortitude/Blind Rage will also increase it's damage further, which in turn will also scale the damage and elemental mods on your melee weapons far into the realms of absurd melee damage, but at that junction, your Radial Blind will last almost nothing, and reach nowhere, removing one of your biggest defenses -and- your biggest source of damage, as Blade Waves -and- melee attacks get stealth bonuses against blinded enemies.

I prefer to make Exalted Blade cost nothing to maintain, while keeping good range and duration on Radial Blind:

http://goo.gl/7OWY9q

The Stretch and Flow I'm still experimenting with alternating with Streamline and/or Intensify. 

Thanks for the tips; I was doubtful as the last time I tried the new Excalibur it was taking like 7-8 slashes to kill a T4 level 30 Heavy Gunner, with maxed power strenght and maxed Skana Prime(with all the right mods).

But I suppose it was somehow bugged....

I'll probably try something like this:

3Z45hMX.png

This way the negative duration wouldn't be that bad and I should still be able to RB a bit...

Hoping EB is not bugged again and I struggle to kill a level 30 enemy...

Quick Thinking is so bad right now that even Steel Fiber or Redirection gives more damage mitigation. 

QT + Rage is viable only on tanky frames such Chroma or Trinity as far as i know.

On Excal with maxed Steel Fiber and Vitality you will have an effective HP of 1905.5

Calculation > 

Damage reduction factor = 1 + Net Armor/300 = 1 + (225*2.1)/300 = 1 + 472.5/300 = 1 + 1.575 = 2.575

Effective HP = Damage red factor X actual HP = 2.575 * 740 = 1905.5

With only Quick Thinking and Primed Flow the Effective HP is 1785 from QT and 525 from his base armor and HP, giving a total of 2310.

Calculation >

Damage reduction factor = 1 + Net Armor/300 = 1 + (225)/300 = 1 + 0.75= 1.75

Effective HP = Damage red factor X actual HP = 1.75 * 300 = 525

Effective Health from QT = Damage reduction factor * QT efficiency * Total Energy Pool = 1.75 * 2.4 * 425 = 1785

So you may want to use QT and Primed Flow after all.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Thanks for the tips; I was doubtful as the last time I tried the new Excalibur it was taking like 7-8 slashes to kill a T4 level 30 Heavy Gunner, with maxed power strenght and maxed Skana Prime(with all the right mods).

But I suppose it was somehow bugged....

I'll probably try something like this:

3Z45hMX.png

This way the negative duration wouldn't be that bad and I should still be able to RB a bit...

Hoping EB is not bugged again and I struggle to kill a level 30 enemy...

It's not bugged now, that said when gunners and bombards start hitting 65+ they start taking a lot of swings to kill. But one Radial Blind or slide blind opens them to finishers or stealth multipliers, respectively. Or a Slash Dash will knock them down, opening them to a ground finisher. All of these will continue to one shot them. Exalted Blade's synergy with the rest of Excalibur's abilities is really great that way.

Except for Radial Javelin, RJ is the new Super Jump. It can be useful from time to time, but it's synergy is meh.

Edited by Gelkor

It's not bugged now, that said when gunners and bombards start hitting 65+ they start taking a lot of swings to kill. But one Radial Blind or slide blind opens them to finishers or stealth multipliers, respectively. Or a Slash Dash will knock them down, opening them to a ground finisher. All of these will continue to one shot them. Exalted Blade's synergy with the rest of Excalibur's abilities is really great that way.

Except for Radial Javelin, RJ is the new Super Jump. It can be useful from time to time, but it's synergy is meh.

At 65+ I would totally understand, but I was struggling against level 30!

Anyway, I'm still testing builds and I feel like I'm close to find one that suits me!

At 65+ I would totally understand, but I was struggling against level 30!

Anyway, I'm still testing builds and I feel like I'm close to find one that suits me!

Weird, yeah that must have been when none of the mods were affecting. What mods are you running on your melee weapon btw?  I'm still finding a happy balance between corrosive+blast or viral+radiation (for void/Grineer, already Magnetic+Gas for Corpus), or corrosive+cold+slash/or/berserker. Except so many of my kills happen with blade waves, which can't trigger berserker, and while EB is split evenly three ways between IPS, the bladewaves themselves and Slash Dash are 70% slash, so Buzzkill is a nice alternative I'm toying with instead of a fourth element. 

Weird, yeah that must have been when none of the mods were affecting. What mods are you running on your melee weapon btw?  I'm still finding a happy balance between corrosive+blast or viral+radiation (for void/Grineer, already Magnetic+Gas for Corpus), or corrosive+cold+slash/or/berserker. Except so many of my kills happen with blade waves, which can't trigger berserker, and while EB is split evenly three ways between IPS, the bladewaves themselves and Slash Dash are 70% slash, so Buzzkill is a nice alternative I'm toying with instead of a fourth element. 

Currently I'm running a Skana Prime with Blight Purity, Pressure Point, Life Strike, Fury and 4 elemental mods, using the channeling+electricity one to balance Life Strike.

I'd say Radiation+Cold is my choice, as the standard Grineer/Corrupted just get raped anyway, while heavies are a bit harder!

Anyone know if the waves can crit? The wiki says the blade has a 15% crit chance and 2x crit multiplier, but what about the waves?

Waves don't crit.

I assume arcane avenger would give it crit chance though.

Using the Effective Health calculator I found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/460797-armor-damage-reduction-effective-health-calculator/

I put together a build I used heavily on the revamped Excal for quite some time: http://goo.gl/6VmThC

In a video I posted where I ran 45 minutes in T4S with the current Excal I used a slightly different build: http://goo.gl/C0Fw2u

The main defensive mods on it were the same, though. According to that spreadsheet, with Excal's current armor, the combination of Vitality, Quick Thinking, and Primed Flow give him a total effective HP of 6145.25. Remember that the total Armor of the frame is used for the HP and for the damage reduction of QT. That armor, however, does NOT apply to your shields.

Edited by CombatPastor

Using the Effective Health calculator I found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/460797-armor-damage-reduction-effective-health-calculator/

I put together a build I used heavily on the revamped Excal for quite some time: http://goo.gl/6VmThC

In a video I posted where I ran 45 minutes in T4S with the current Excal I used a slightly different build: http://goo.gl/C0Fw2u

The main defensive mods on it were the same, though. According to that spreadsheet, with Excal's current armor, the combination of Vitality, Quick Thinking, and Primed Flow give him a total effective HP of 6145.25. Remember that the total Armor of the frame is used for the HP and for the damage reduction of QT. That armor, however, does NOT apply to your shields.

That calculator is wrong since the maximum effective health you will get with P Flow, QT, max Steel Fiber and Vitality is 4532.

Calculation >

Damage reduction factor = 1 + Net Armor/300 = 1 + (225*2.1)/300 = 1 + 472.5/300 = 1 + 1.575 = 2.575

Effective HP = Damage red factor X actual HP = 2.575 * 740 = 1905.5

Effective Health from QT = Damage reduction factor * QT efficiency * Total Energy Pool = 2.575 * 2.4 * 425 = 2626.5

Total EHP = 2626.5 + 1905.5 = 4532

Another thing, beyond the actual value you get from a Primed Flow pool of QT, is the sacrifice you make. One... it assumes you always have a full pool of energy, and with EB, you don't. Two, it assumes you're willing to give up a significant amount of energy to keep yourself alive, leaving you with little to maintain EB, much less RB/SD.

Vit/SF isn't as much EHP as PFlow+QT, but it doesn't require you to make the energy sacrifice, and it doesn't require you to constantly be at full energy.

Using QT really comes down to whether you want to build around the idea of having a big energy pool and maintaining a high level of available energy. Personally, I don't think that is a good fit with how an EB Excal plays.

Another thing, beyond the actual value you get from a Primed Flow pool of QT, is the sacrifice you make. One... it assumes you always have a full pool of energy, and with EB, you don't. Two, it assumes you're willing to give up a significant amount of energy to keep yourself alive, leaving you with little to maintain EB, much less RB/SD.

Vit/SF isn't as much EHP as PFlow+QT, but it doesn't require you to make the energy sacrifice, and it doesn't require you to constantly be at full energy.

Using QT really comes down to whether you want to build around the idea of having a big energy pool and maintaining a high level of available energy. Personally, I don't think that is a good fit with how an EB Excal plays.

This is true only if you build for having low shields, so Valkyr i.e. or this new Excalibur builds you're posting. On every other kind of build, QT is an increase of health value and isn't a waste of energy, because it will activate really few time. 

However, I still think Redirection is a must have on Excalibur for T4. On T4 keys, without any shields if not the basic ones, health go down really really fast and activating Life Strike using Exalted Blade costs a lot. 

Already tried on T4S. 

Edited by Latronico