Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods That Should Be Improved But Probably Forgotten

AlphaSierraMike

This list does not include mods specific to play styles/preference: +mag size, -reload speed, +stamina etc, or ones that pretty much can't be fixed at all because of the base concept: Warm Coat, Provoked, Intruder etc, or mods that have stat types that are exclusive to them: for example elemental resistance mods.

Weapon status mods: Rifle Amplitude +15% max rank, Sure Shot +15% max rank, Melee Prowess +15% max rank, Shotgun Savvy +30% max rank (not as useless, but nonetheless numerically inferior). Stat wise, all of these are inferior to dual stat mods, There's no reason to use these over dual stats. At max rank, it should out perform dual stats in terms of status chance, maybe at +90%. If the concern is that new players might get their hands on these too quickly, then make the mods go up to rank 10.

With that in mind, Stunning Speed should receive similar buff, perhaps +60% status chance instead of a nonexistent +10%. This would be nice to use on the Vectis, since it could use that -reload and have a nice status chance buff along the way.

+30%/60% physical damage mods: now that Cold elemental mods are brought up to speed with 90%, all of these should also be buffed to 90%. I still don't really get why they differ from each other, some are 30%, some are 60%, the others are 90%, and it's not even consistent with the damage type.

Fatal Acceleration (+flight speed shotgun): How slow does a projectile have to be to make Fatal Acceleration necessary with a shotgun??? At this point the only shotgun that can benefit from this is Drakgoon, which nobody uses on a regular basis, and it's still weird to try and snipe someone with a shotgun. Kohm fires so wide at full spool and at such a low damage per shot you might as well be barrel stuffing. There should be an added effect to extend the damage drop off range, so shotguns become less crippling at mid range. That's what flight speed mods are about, to make weapons more usable at mid range.

Weapon Scavenger Aura: Because they are weapon specific, it's pretty much not in the best interest to use these when there's the possibility of only you benefiting from the aura. Merging all those auras into one "Scavenger" aura that affects all ammo type would at least make it less risky to use, even though people would probably still prefer energy siphon/corrosive projection, but that's beside the point. This could also be useful in replacing ammo mutation on some builds with a mid/high ammo consumption that are just using ammo fast enough to make ammo recovery from pickup insufficient, but not burning through ammo in an instant.

Rifle Amp/Dead Eye Aura: 27% and 30% additive base damage bonus is kinda weak, at the same time, their mod point bonus isn't that good, especially Dead Eye's, at only +5 max rank. Compared to Steel Charge, which has the same polarity, it has 60% damage bonus and +9 mod point bonus. Personally, I'm not quite sure whether buffing the damage would be a good idea, but they should at least have the same mod point bonus as Steel Charge. It doesn't make sense when I'm forced to use Steel Charge because I need more mod points on Mesa when Rifle Amp would make more sense.

There are probably more mods that I missed, because nobody uses them and are forgotten.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

How about we make some of these mods an additive bonus instead of multiplicative? This way +10% status could make a night and day difference on some weapons (as, e.g. turning 5% status into 15% status instead of 5.5%). How other mods affect this combination is a material for another thread.

Also, Kohm has pretty much the highest damage per shot in the game.

How about we make some of these mods an additive bonus instead of multiplicative? This way +10% status could make a night and day difference on some weapons (as, e.g. turning 5% status into 15% status instead of 5.5%). How other mods affect this combination is a material for another thread.

Also, Kohm has pretty much the highest damage per shot in the game.

Additive doesn't exactly have the same impact on weapon performance as multiplicative unless it's bonkers like +30%. Besides, it might throw off weapon balance if suddenly high damage weapons can proc at a decent rate.

With Kohm, i was referring to ranges of engagement where ideally fatal acceleration could "help". At that sort of range, you'll really only be shooting single pellets, which is really weak, and at max rev, yeah the damage is good but the accuracy is so poor you might as well be shooting in their face and fatal acceleration isn't a factor at that range.

I still want my +100 Split Chamber. I just can't take the asymmetry of it. Your gun is now shooting two bullets at a time. Except sometimes only one. Why?

I don't think they had a choice making it 90%, it's perfect to spread between unranked and rank 5, total of 6 ranks, 15% each. It would either need to start on a weird decimal percentage like 16.666% or ranks up to 4 or 7 ranks, 20% and 12.5% respectively. Usually the mod ranks are either 3, 5 or 10 so.....

They could make it go into the 120% like secondaries and shotguns, but that would probably throw primaries out of balance, considering that there are primaries that can crit consistently like Bows and Soma.

I was thinking of putting secondary/shotgun crit mods into that list, seeing how most "crit" weapons in those categories can't break the 20% crit chance mark except for AkMagnus and crit damage mods are kinda low. But then I remember multishot in those categories basically gives double damage all the time. So I left that out.

We don't really need a global weapon balance, there's no way somebody will compare MK1 Braton to Boltor Prime and demand MK1 to be buffed so it could compete with Boltor.

We need proper weapon tiering and progression so having some bonkers DPS weapon wouldn't feel as much OP with additional status when compared to it peers that could benefit more from such mods, or are better in other regards.

Raw Value mod... Like a +10 Round for Sniper rifle

+30% Magazine Warp will be useful on Soma, but practically useless on Vectis
+ 10 Round will make the Soma 110 Rounds, but 11 rounds on the Vectis.

So depending on the weapon some are more useful with % mods, some with raw value

Raw Value mod... Like a +10 Round for Sniper rifle

+30% Magazine Warp will be useful on Soma, but practically useless on Vectis

+ 10 Round will make the Soma 110 Rounds, but 11 rounds on the Vectis.

So depending on the weapon some are more useful with % mods, some with raw value

To me, that's the problem with additive mods, unless they're only accessible to certain weapons, like Sobek's augment, balance goes out the window, considering Vectis' downside should be the single shot nature. Besides, it's not that bad, as long as you put a lot of -reload mods.

Also a correction, Stunning Speed is for secondaries. Derp.

At the moment, I'm just concerned with bring mods/auras up to the current standard of gameplay. Perhaps back in U8 these mods were useful, but at the moment, they're practically useless. It's similar with Cold/Electric mods being only 60% on secondaries and/or melee before, because of the dual stat mods, those were made completely obsolete, when there was no penalty to damage while getting extra mod points and 60% status bonus. Now they're 90% so it balances out.

At the same time, I believe these changes would give more variety in mod setups. For example, maybe I just want a single elemental combo for whatever reason, but I need at least 3 dual stats to reach a decent status chance. So in this case I could replace that 3th dual stat with the 90% status mod. Previously, it was impossible because the mod's bonus was puny and I'm forced to use a 3rd element. Or maybe even running a weapon with pure physical damage but I still want a higher status, at the same time the physical damage mods are horrid in how they work, the small bonus and the fact that they only increase by the specific damage type, not the total physical damage like elementals.

The physical damage mods should support these choices, like +30% impact damage, how am I suppose to work with that? Yeah there are the 120% event mods, but that's no excuse to just leave contents behind by replacing it with something else, when it was perfectly functional.