Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #55!

[DE]Rebecca

In a previous devstream one of the devs mentioned that 2015 will be the year of lore. However, not much lore has been given. In update 17 are you planning on giving us more lore? about lotus? stalker?

we already have, 3 times, its called proto excalibur skin you can look it up on youtube

The skin we received was from the 2008 version of dark sector not the original 2004 trailer of dark sector. In the original trailer Hayden Tenno had a suit very similar to the current Excalibur model except his suit was more organic looking. 

YouTube the original 2004 trailer pretty sure the official warframe YouTube channel had it uploaded. 

Kinda never really said anything around here before, but I figure I might see if I can get an answer to something that bothers me.

Up until now, I've loved the Sparring type weaponry. But there aren't very many from what I can see, and the ones we do have

aren't exactly incredibly strong. 

So I was wondering, will we ever be getting any new Sparring type weapons? Maybe spiked knuckles or something, because I really

love their style.

1. When will Ordis be Fixed? Do we have to do a Future-Quest or something to do that?

2. When are the additional Sections in the relays be made available?

3. How will the removal of the Stamina Bar Affect Chroma's Toxic Build?

4. How's the Weather?

5. Are we gonna have different Soldier Types in Syndicates? (Tank, Scout, etc)

Hello and thanks for a great game (especially enjoying digging into the lore)! 

And here are my questions:

1) I wonder whether have you thought about a small cartoon or maybe a CGI adaptation for some codex entries? A book will be great too btw!
2) Rhino figure looks pretty amazing! And my question is, what's about female warframe figures? :D

Thanks for your answers in advance!
Edited by (PS4)Okamisen

1) Archwing/ship transitions. How will it look like? Will it happen via cutscenes or will it be more fluent? 

2) Zip-line parkour changes that you showed few streams ago. Will you implement it with the current Parkour 2.0 changes? Also, any tileset changes with the upcoming parkour rework? 

3) Due to a recent star chart rework. Is quest crafting still a "thing"? If yes how will it look like? How will it influence the game? 

How is the progress in the yin yang frame? is her 3D model and abilities with their respective graphic effects done yet?

About catbrows, what kind of abilities or effect we can expect from them?

Any update in thunderbolt and silva & aegis tweaks?

What do you want to do to eliviate the massive lack of usefull Dpolarity mods without screwing everybody who formaed their D's into something more beneficial?

also

why the hell are the icemods still the only elemental mods with a D polarity !??!?!??!?!

If we could spend some time talking about augments-

Is the Dev Team happy with where they are right now, or are there considerations in the future for a different system for handling them from the current mod system? While we're talking about cannibalized focus concepts, there was some super slick shifty-eyes when Focus was mentioned last Devstream. Could we have some sort of interesting "wink wink nudge nudge ooh and aah" vague idea of what you have in store?

Edited by Bernkastal

Would you ever consider adding ducats to pvp rewards?  Or for that matter, better rewards in general for PvP?  Time spent per match in PvP just isn't rewarded nearly as well as PvE. Players who put a decent chunk of their play time into pvp don't really have any hope of keeping up with the content grind.

what about orokin keys that would allow players to change their reward table for PvP missions?

Edited by Aggh

Star Chart!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if the Star Chart opened up similar to the old Star Chart (And similar to the Dojo's Observatory Room Star Chart) and when you picked a planet you could see your Liset fly through space to get there. The options would be either a fast trip (Star Gate like tunneling effect slipstream-like warp speed travel automatically pilots you to the new planet) or you could pilot yourself to the new planet in like a "mission" of playing the Liset around obstacles or dogfighting or something fun and interactive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dojo Functionality~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New PvP Updates to duel room function.

View Inventory and Enable Region/Recruiting Channels within the Dojo's.

"Sheath/unsheath" weapon function to practice melee combos in the dojo gardens? (Perhaps "Hold" ability button to sheath/unsteath or gear menu option)

Observatory Room update to be similar to navigations in the Relay.

New "Cloth" Material update to Dojo's Flags and Banners.

Obstacle Course: Race with a friend? Multiple Players using Separate Obstacle Course rooms simultaneously? Perhaps the Obstacle Course room can be turned into a "Simulator" that has a few different obstacle course styles to train with. Ei: You walk up to the panel, "Change" the simulator to play a weapons fire obstacle course that you parkour through while shooting/dodging turret fire. New Courses unlocked via clan/group gameplay.

Assigning what dojo rooms are "locked", "public" or "VIP only" for decorations. Allowing Warlords to choose who can decorate what room. Give clanmates permission to decorate only a a single room or a set of rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Open" (Less Linear) Missions~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imagine this:

You're informed there is a near by "hidden"  Grineer base in a jungle on Earth. You pilot your Liset to planet Earth and you make your landing in a dense and humid jungle. You have to search the area yourself to find the Cave entrance (and once and AFTER you discover it it's updated on your map for your teammates to make haste to) Possible clues to where the base are would be running into heavy Grineer soldiers or perhaps stealthily stalking a Grineer Patrol back to the cave base.

Upon entering the cave you discover they are linked to an orokin vessel in the void looting for technologies that could only help them tighten their brutal grip on the solar system. You are then given the orders  to remove the Grineer forces from the orokin vessel and destroy the portal. Upon your transversal through the portal to the Orokin vessel there is a sudden infestation outbreak caused by a collision of an infested orokin vessel into the current one the grineer were looting. The ship is badly damaged and the portal is disabled before you could return to the cave so you must escape the ship through a hatch. Due to the heavy infestations some of mutated into a form that can survive for a short time in space, forcing the Liset to auto-pilot to you and drop off your archwing. Your fight off the infested and return to your Liset. Grineer thwarted. Infestation escaped. Mission complete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sneak Attacks:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How about anytime you attack the back of an enemy you have either a chance to trigger a finisher or you always trigger a finisher? If you have an enemy shooting your friend and you walk up behind him chances are you are still sneak attacking him regardless of his awareness to active combat because he is focused on your teammate not you. It would open up more possibilities for teamplay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Crouch Movement = Stealth Bonus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Making crouched movement look and feel more stealthier, possibly with concealment bonus to stay hidden of some kind. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sabotage Missions:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How about a "Star Gate"-style slipstream animation when you transverse between the teleporter rings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Excalibur's Pendragon Chainlink Animation and Ash's Locust Earring Animation~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pendragon chainlinks wiggle like jello instead of like metal and clip into the helmet's graphics on rest. The Ash's Locust helmet has one earing misaligned and it fails to wiggle with proper physics. You can see the "hole" made for it and it misses it by just a few pinches to one side. [Pictures]

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/477374-excaliburs-pendragon-helmet-broken-with-pictures/#entry5317739 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/477277-ashs-locust-helmet-is-broken-with-pictures/#entry5315659

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Warframe Wildlife!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More wildlife? How about those poisoned lizards mentioned in the event involving Grineer Scorpions?

"Catbrows" when can we hope to see them and have us fight for our righteous tenno cause?

More and planet-unique wildlife?

Edited by Vorpal_Ocelot

1. Do you have plans to add variations for existing augment mods ?

For example:Freeze Force and Muzzle Flash is no use if you stay alone.

2. Kubrows armor update will bring a new breeding system with him or only cosmetic ?

3. How a going the progress from new holster positions animation seen devstream 50 ?

This new treatment will be add in primary and secondary too, or this idea it was discontinued ?

1. Any plan for the PS vita/3ds I understand the graphic imcapability of the 3ds but vita should hold its ground somewhat
2. Will there more archwing type release in the near future one that focuses on melee 
3. The new Prime?

4. Consideration for RNG reward ie. listing their drop rate 

Edited by Dusklaws

Will Vectis prime have a decent scope? The Vectis, despite what the codex says, isn't too "ideal" for ranged takedowns... mostly because of the little zoom.

How about all snipers and their scopes? The scoping ingame is so weak. Sniping isn't that great of a feeling in warframe, can we have a Sniper update? New scope functionality, new sniper mechanics?

Q: A while back, you teased us with the idea of Tower V void keys. Is this still planned, or did those plans get replaced with other ways of giving us higher level content (such as raids)?

Q: You teased small changes to the trading window that will make trading easier for us while we wait for a complete trading overhaul. With many things potentially getting massive overhauls in the future (Archwing, dark sectors, login rewards...) will small changes like this to hold us off be a continued pattern? This is something I would like to see continue.

Q: Syndicates are getting more stuff with every update, but most veteran players are already at the max rank in their syndicate of choice. Are there any plans to add higher positions you could reach so veterans have something to reach for? Climbing the ranks and becoming a Steel Meridian general, for example.

May we please have an increase to the number of custom mod configurations for warframe builds? Also we need to be able to name them. With so many ability oriented builds as well as mission or faction type to consider, 3 is not enough and labels are needed to better keep track of them and select the one we want more quickly. Thank you for your consideration of this and thank you for all you've done to make this game so great

If you increase your mastery rank, you get more loadouts.

Do we get a Kubrow rework.

(Change stasis, so i can switch between all four within minutes)

Change upkeep to something more reasonable.

(maybe Food supply's i.e. something I don't have to apply to everyone individually)

Edited by Balingr

Void destroyed when?!? Also whats gonna happen with void keys will we still be able to use them somehow or they gonna hawe another purpose?

One more thing any thoughts about making it possible to renaming your loadouts instead of Loadout A Loadout B Loadout C

Edited by Sputnik