Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh Man, Just My Luck Xd

BETAOPTICS

Yeah we all know this feeling, this happens to every single player so not a big deal.

So I have been playing this game roughly 3-4 weeks now and I already missed one Dark Dagger alert mission since it was somewhere 3 am. on a workday. Second time was today, the alert started 45 minutes before I got from work and ended somewhere 6 minutes till I got home. Well no big deal, I don't rage. In fact I could not do anything else than laugh at the luck that several other players also have. How is this possible and it happens so often to players even though it is just RNG!? This was so funny XD

Well I'll get you sometimes Dark Dagger, I'll get you >:)

The point of making this thread was to show that you don't have to let the frustration overcome you. Trust me I know how it feels, I used to be the same but in the end of the day. It is just a virtual thing that is just part of something that is also virtual, a game that is and it doesn't affect your real life besides the fact that it takes more time to get it and that's it.

I know this community can be better, we all can improve and I trust so too. The recent toxicity on the forums as well as in game is not path we want nor should go, instead let's accept things that has happened to us while playing this game, let's help the ones that do not understand and most of all, let us be a example of good community.

Who is with me?

I'm with you man. This game is supposed to be a game to enjoy. Anyone bringing all that hate, rage, etc. really have to get themselves checked out. If they can't handle, they shouldn't play.

I must have missed the Dark Sword 2-3 times. Always wanted it and just got it yesterday. I think the only swords I'm missing now (that are ? alerts)are the plasma and Pangolin. I'm actually happy about that, because I look forward to being lucky in the future.

Even if these items were as rare as the Frost Prime BP and if DE just simply released a new super rare weapon with each alert I'd be really happy. Because then everyone one in the game would have a greater variety of swords and weapons, etc.

About the Dark Dagger, I missed that a couple times too and just got it myself. It's just ok. lol. For me I'm just happy to have another weapon to level for mastery points.

Good luck to you Betaoptics. I can tell you're in for the long run. Add me in game if you like. I hope more players read this post and come to their senses. It's a game.

=)

Edited by sushidubya

Huh, miss a lot of stuff pre-reset. Dozen of items was lost while I'm working.

I'll get them eventually. However, some topics offer interesting alternatives about alert system. Something DE admit that they're not satisfy with the current format. Rage and hate still dominate though.

Yeah, besides every single time you miss the alert mission rewards you desire, it makes you want it even more and when you are eventually blessed with it, it feels like all your dreams have become true. Don't give up for the hate and frustration, trust me it feels very rewarding when you finally beat the RNG gods, if it helps you at all, you could always see it as a ultimate challenge. The ultimate boss. Beat RNG gods and you get all the wealth you desire.

Huh, miss a lot of stuff pre-reset. Dozen of items was lost while I'm working.

I'll get them eventually. However, some topics offer interesting alternatives about alert system. Something DE admit that they're not satisfy with the current format. Rage and hate still dominate though.

Yeah the system is not perfect, however we as players and as a community also have to improve. Raging about it is a wrong and nasty way to approach it and it does not help you, the community or the developers no matter how bad you feel. I learned and it is something everyone should try to learn even if it is hard that you need to accept your losses and move on, so does everyone else. When you learn this, you learn to control your rage and you become a lot better person. Those persons are the example of people we need, as a community and developers need as they are the ones who come up with these solutions and they are the one that create constructive criticism and provide alternative solutions to the problems at hand.

So don't do it only for yourself, do it for the sake of everyone else too.

(Not directed towards you, just a general reply to everyone)

I got really miffed back then when I was hit with the dreaded black screen of death error with a knockout blow of the "unable to update account information, your progress was not saved!" message. This was during an alert mission for the Scorpion Ash helmet BP, a hotfix was being pushed in the background so it borked the game's connection to the servers somehow. 

I really wanted that helmet but hey, I got over it. Someday when it pops up in alert mission again I hope to finally get it. Instead of dwelling on that letdown, I channeled my rage into killing hundreds of Grineer instead. :)

OP tldr; another namby pamby post.

It is very simple. If you don't know about the alerts you would care less about the ones that occur when your not playing. Example of good community; is not to talk about alerts.

p.s. far too many namby pamby posts. Rather read rage :p

p.p.s. I wonder what you down rate would be.

Edited by Keie

I got really miffed back then when I was hit with the dreaded black screen of death error with a knockout blow of the "unable to update account information, your progress was not saved!" message. This was during an alert mission for the Scorpion Ash helmet BP, a hotfix was being pushed in the background so it borked the game's connection to the servers somehow. 

I really wanted that helmet but hey, I got over it. Someday when it pops up in alert mission again I hope to finally get it. Instead of dwelling on that letdown, I channeled my rage into killing hundreds of Grineer instead. :)

Yeah see, this guy knows how to handle it, and gave a lot better way  to deal with the situation, kill some Grineer or kick some MOA in the face.

I hope you get the helmet soon and wish you best of luck from now on :)

To everyone who has mastered to overcome their fear, I salute you. It is not an easy thing to do at times, even if you have learned to clam down all the frustration life puts on you but just stand up and be ready face the feelings you get. Show them that you are not their slave.

OP tldr; another namby pamby post.

It is very simple. If you don't know about the alerts you would care less about the ones that occur when your not playing. Example of good community; is not to talk about alerts.

p.s. far too many namby pamby posts. Rather read rage :p

p.p.s. I wonder what you down rate would be.

p.s. Everyone has their preference but even when rage can be funny to read, besides the comedy point of view, it is uselss.

p.p.s. High, very very very high :p

why you want the dark dagger so much?

Because I'm a collector and now it is my target. Unlike many other collectors (not ME series) I do not try to get all of them whenever I can, I target one item and I am happy when I get it but if I have the opportunity to get items that I do not have in a meantime, of course I will use it but they have little value to me. Actually the Dark Dagger does not have any value to me whatsoever either but it is more a principle than the item itself. I just like to own everything if I have a chance to, though if I won't get a chance, I move on that's it, life continues.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Yeah we all know this feeling, this happens to every single player so not a big deal.

So I have been playing this game roughly 3-4 weeks now and I already missed one Dark Dagger alert mission since it was somewhere 3 am. on a workday. Second time was today, the alert started 45 minutes before I got from work and ended somewhere 6 minutes till I got home. Well no big deal, I don't rage. In fact I could not do anything else than laugh at the luck that several other players also have. How is this possible and it happens so often to players even though it is just RNG!? This was so funny XD

Well I'll get you sometimes Dark Dagger, I'll get you >:)

The point of making this thread was to show that you don't have to let the frustration overcome you. Trust me I know how it feels, I used to be the same but in the end of the day. It is just a virtual thing that is just part of something that is also virtual, a game that is and it doesn't affect your real life besides the fact that it takes more time to get it and that's it.

I know this community can be better, we all can improve and I trust so too. The recent toxicity on the forums as well as in game is not path we want nor should go, instead let's accept things that has happened to us while playing this game, let's help the ones that do not understand and most of all, let us be a example of good community.

Who is with me?

Getting frustrated at games is what gamers do, if you don't then are you truly a gamer?

Believe me enjoy it while you have stuff to look for, because once you have collected it all it becomes depressing! Friends in Skype are like omg we gotta go get <insert alert award here> after this mission and I'm just like yay...! I have that right here.

Edit: Argoms you're slacking! Took you a while to copy pasta that into this alert thread!!!

Edited by Firebat86

i wana know how you gona feel after you play for  a few months and get nothing you want from alerts.

i only got a potato after playing for 67 hours.

because of a livestream.

imagine playing for all that time with 50% of your frame locked.

this was also way back when we had to level up to use any of the skills.

Getting frustrated at games is what gamers do, if you don't then are you truly a gamer?

Now who has the right to say that? Who decides are you a gamer or not, the question should be what kind of gamer you are rather that are you a true gamer. I admit it that I use a lot less time on games than I used to back when I was a kid but I still do use a lot time to playing games, whenever I have opportunity to do so and there is nothing more important to do that time.

Believe me enjoy it while you have stuff to look for, because once you have collected it all it becomes depressing! Friends in Skype are like omg we gotta go get <insert alert award here> after this mission and I'm just like yay...! I have that right here.

Edit: Argoms you're slacking! Took you a while to copy pasta that into this alert thread!!!

This is exactly one of the reasons I won't get mad, because getting stuff is part of then fun, even if you missed something you want number of times.

i wana know how you gona feel after you play for  a few months and get nothing you want from alerts.

i only got a potato after playing for 67 hours.

because of a livestream.

imagine playing for all that time with 50% of your frame locked.

this was also way back when we had to level up to use any of the skills.

Trust me, this games RNG won't disappoint me. Experienced Diablo 3 player and Mass Effect 3 player is not going to get surprised on how RNG might treat you and the chance to get the item you desire is laughably easy compared to what it is in those two example games.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

After two more days, today 23th May I finally got the dagger. It was worth the wait and I'm happy that I can finally say that my collection is one item to go from a complete set. All I need now is Ceramic Dagger but for now I can rest and enjoy my achievement. See, when you give enough time and don't jump the gun if we can say so (wannabe native expression), you will eventually get it regardless of how many times you have missed in the past. Opportunities rise and if you are patient enough, you will be get what you desire.

Anyways this thread is done, the point has been said.

Happy gaming killing times fellow Tenno!

Well they had to implement SOMETHING to provide a free way to get stuff while still raking in platinum sales.

Would you spend £15 on a frame that you could spend a couple hours farming and a few days waiting? Probably not xP

On the other hand, a completely random system removes the ability to just grind for stuff so they can still make sales while still allowing for free players to obtain these items (albeit much slower and more randomly). Better than not providing it at all, in my opinion.