Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion : Telescopic Weaponry.

Boltbeard

Dear members of the community.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I've searched and found nothing.

Would it be possible to implement telescopic weapons into the game in some fashion? I personally don't like to see large uberhammers or axes when I design my frames aesthetics.

I thought it would be awesome if we could get a staff that extended (think pole lightsaber but without the lightsaber bit!) or perhaps a sword that folds out into a blade (think star trek movie from last year) or other ideas like that.

What y'all think?

We currently have polearms that have some telescopic effects to them, most notably for me the Orthos/Prime.

I'll agree on that i would love to see current telescopic weapons being touched up, and future or past weapons having some telescopic effect ^__^

I believe the polearms do shorten a bit when stowed but obviously not enough for what you want.  The Glaive, Kestrel and Halikar are good as discretely folded away melee weapons.  My personal favourite being the Kestrel with the Proto Glaive skin and the Entropy mod as it looks cool and gets a syndicate effect.

I dunno. I mean, if a guy is so far away that I have to massively extend and fold out a melee weapon, I may as well just shoot him. :-/

What I think he means is that the weapons get folded into a more compact package when you holster them, like in the Mass Effect series. Some weapons already do that in Warframe but not to a very large extent (Daikyu arms fold, Dual Raza and Anku blades fold, Orthos series polearms shorten when holstered, Silva deactivates and gets stored in Aegis whilst Aegis folds, etc.)

What I think he means is that the weapons get folded into a more compact package when you holster them, like in the Mass Effect series. Some weapons already do that in Warframe but not to a very large extent (Daikyu arms fold, Dual Raza and Anku blades fold, Orthos series polearms shorten when holstered, Silva deactivates and gets stored in Aegis whilst Aegis folds, etc.)

Ooooo! Okay, I thought more along the lines of just stretching them a bit. You know, bad guy is too far away, so you stroke your hammer a bit to make it larger or something and then knock em out from 2 miles way. Wait, that didn't come out right...

While there are some good suggestions, I was referring to having large items on the back, I'd prefer to have a small object, (example staff handle) which can be then extended when switched to to create a bo (insert staff name here) essentially darth mauls lightsaber but applying to weapons that could use them.

Like this;

YouRxco.gif

Same perhaps could be applied to swords, bows, and so on. Minimalistic more ninja like.

While there are some good suggestions, I was referring to having large items on the back, I'd prefer to have a small object, (example staff handle) which can be then extended when switched to to create a bo (insert staff name here) essentially darth mauls lightsaber but applying to weapons that could use them.

Like this;

-snip-

Same perhaps could be applied to swords, bows, and so on. Minimalistic more ninja like.

So you're basically saying make weapons we already have more dynamic.

So you're basically saying make weapons we already have more dynamic.

Nah, I appreciate that to make changes to the aesthetics retrospectively would be time consuming and unlikely to happen. Id just like to see weapons in the future "evolve" from standard Large axe,sword, pole, jetpropelled hammer. Not everyone likes big in your face weaponry. 

As for the "mass effect" suggestion earlier, that would be insanely cool.