Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Moving this bad boy over to Players Helping Players to free up the news/information sub-forum for important announcements :)

Thanks Danielle, by the way PS4 could use some more guides soon (a large influx of new players have joined the community with the latest update)

Maybe on Xbox one we can get some people who you see before they become a guide(hopefully) and the guides tend to never be on

Well, on XB1 there aren't very many of us. We all have different schedules and live in different parts of the world. For the most part, we are all on at least once a day. I am generally on everyday, unless something personal comes up.

Well, on XB1 there aren't very many of us. We all have different schedules and live in different parts of the world. For the most part, we are all on at least once a day. I am generally on everyday, unless something personal comes up.

When I see Str1fe or one of the other Xbox guides are on I try to either jump to another chat and I know everyone else does the same.  I am however in agreement with Master that we need more guides.  I also know that Danielle has a plan.....

Patience is a virtue, and I'm learning patience. It's a tough lesson.
Elon Musk

I think there should be enough guide to have at least 1 on at every time of day, I'm on most all of day on weekends and several hours a day and I don't see much and most xbox one players know I'm usually in chat

I think there should be enough guide to have at least 1 on at every time of day, I'm on most all of day on weekends and several hours a day and I don't see much and most xbox one players know I'm usually in chat

Something else worth noting. Just because we are Guides, does not mean we don't play the game either. I play a good 80% of the time and still have plenty of extra free time to dedicate to being a Guide. Just something everyone should keep in mind.

Something else worth noting. Just because we are Guides, does not mean we don't play the game either. I play a good 80% of the time and still have plenty of extra free time to dedicate to being a Guide. Just something everyone should keep in mind.

I understand that, it's just really annoying to see people deliberately not following chat rules and getting mad when you ask them too, I would love to see more guides and more people kicking for not following rules several times(like warning before kick)

STR1FE already addressed this, but all Guides were just players before they ever became Guides -- we have no hard rules on how often we need to be on, how often we need to moderate chats, how often we need to help others and answer questions, etc. etc. These are extra responsibilities that we do our utmost to fulfill when capable, but we don't have to be doing it around the clock (otherwise the game just becomes a job, and that's no fun).

Of course if there's a serious issue in a chat channel, you should message someone you know to be a senior Guide so they can properly handle it, but just please keep in mind that sometimes we just want to log on to run some missions and have a little fun.

Str1fe and Vargas are right on point with this one.

Personally,  I get burnt out a lot more quickly when I have to constantly watch persons walk the "Terms of Use" tightrope than I do when I am actually helping new players in the relay.  I think we all know what I am talking about.  Some here have watched the high wire act while others have been on the wire (no name/no shame).

It is much more gratifying answering questions than it is having to be the watchdog (or watchgoat).  It is also important to note that for everyone we warn or ban there is a fair amount of reporting that needs to be done.  

Less reporting means more time to help the community thrive and grow (not to mention time to play this wonderful game).......

Still having more people helps, more people means each person has to do less of it, there are days on the xbox one community where chat is literally down the drain and no one is even slightly follows the rules and we really need a guide to kick actually help the chat not be a random bully/cuss like a sailor/free for all, and the people's mentality is "if I don't get kicked it's not against the rules" kickbot isn't enough and y'all do have lives so something needs to be changed whether it's more guides or adding more things kickbot can kick for

In time. There is no way to add 100 guides at a time. It would be a nightmare. Plus you still have to wait for promotion to a senior before mod permissions are given to you. More guides are coming. With a new wave of juniors will come seniors that were promoted. It will get better. PC didn't get 30 guides at a time either. PS4 has its share of chat problems but they are being handled little by little. I know the xb1 guides are working just as hard.

In time. There is no way to add 100 guides at a time. It would be a nightmare. Plus you still have to wait for promotion to a senior before mod permissions are given to you. More guides are coming. With a new wave of juniors will come seniors that were promoted. It will get better. PC didn't get 30 guides at a time either. PS4 has its share of chat problems but they are being handled little by little. I know the xb1 guides are working just as hard.

I'm not asking for 100, but 2 is a little small for the what like 1million people who play? Maybe 5 would be better, I would like just more