Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Congrats all.

I must say, I'm very grimmed out I wasn't selected. Dayum.

Sorry bud =/ remember being a guide is just a title, we get nothing in exchange for being guides. The main thing to take away from this program is to keep being a good, helpful person/tenno and next time recruitment rolls around your likely to be the first person on the list of new recruits! =) Edited by (PS4)immanks102

Congrats to those who became a guide today especially my friend hollow118. Sadly I was not picked but I shall not despair for I am Thee Ciroc Boy!

I'm not very active on the forums to be honest, but I do help out peeps with builds and giving info on warframe abilities when I can through PSN party chats and our clan community page.

Thank you, Brothers and Sisters, for the welcome, and to all of the Guides and people involved in having the fold grow.  With hope, and continued hard work, we can make new and seasoned Tenno alike feel welcome, and act as a resource for assistance and answers.  I, myself, am humbled, and certainly feel unworthy, but will do my very best for everyone.

( Still a bit numb from shock! )

If you meet the following Guide requirements an invitation will be sent to you on the Forums:

- You have at least a 500 hours of game-play logged (Steam hours are not attributed into overall count).

- You display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content.

- You are active on the official Warframe Forums and have no more than 1 warning points on your profile (30-Day temporary warning points will not count if they have expired). *Note: This is not a necessary requirement, but a solid reputation definitely helps!

Does the DE just Ignore the last point when recruiting new GoL?

Yet it has been stated 'they' would like people with a solid 250 posts over 500 posts. Yet it seems a none english language is better than 1000 solid posts?

Post count is completely and totally irrelevant. The most important reason for being active on the forums is so Guides are completely up-to-date on what's going on with the game. Additionally, making good posts (being helpful, polite, level-headed) are also helpful indicators for someone who may or may not be of the right mindset for the program.

Yet it has been stated 'they' would like people with a solid 250 posts over 500 posts. Yet it seems a none english language is better than 1000 solid posts?

We need Guides in all regions, in as many versions of Warframe as we can reach, and yes, that includes the non-English-speaking ones.

Edited by (PS4)Viggorrah

Post count doesn't necessarily matter, forum activity and reputation can matter.

I don't care if you have 10 million posts, if they don't contribute much of anything, for example, but if you have 1000 awesome posts that help others and provide good discussion and feedback, etc, I'd take that into consideration.

Post count is completely and totally irrelevant. The most important reason for being active on the forums is so Guides are completely up-to-date on what's going on with the game. Additionally, making good posts (being helpful, polite, level-headed) are also helpful indicators for someone who may or may not be of the right mindset for the program.

You've got to make posts for that.

We need Guides in all regions, in as many versions of Warframe as we can reach, and yes, that includes the non-English-speaking ones.

Not my point, but ok.

Does the DE just Ignore the last point when recruiting new GoL?

It probably helps, but of course it's optional and looking at the new recruits it is a pretty small factor.

Since guides are meant to help in game, this is understandable and a solid forums reputation probably just beefs up your application a bit. It seems that to have the best chances of becoming a guide is being fluent in multiple languages, and surpassing the competition in professionality and maturity, and I'm not sure about further recruitment since so many more were added, but this time around being on console was a plus proportionally to their player base. Of course I didn't do any of the recruiting myself, this is just from observing those who were recruited my time around, but I wouldn't handle it any different. 

And as always being a guide doesn't grant you any special powers, and even though we weren't recruited nothing is stopping us from replicating the behaviors of those who were. The fancy sigil is a plus, but being a guide seems to be more like a "I am certified not going to lie to you" badge, something new players really need when jumping in to a game full of unknowns. Also, I'm sure helping others will increase your own chances down the road when recruitment reopens.   

Edited by Zinthir