Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Personally, I wonder why I wasn't contacted about this. I have over 2500 hours in mission (Not steam, actual game play hours, 89d 15hr listed on my account, +370 i had before the stat reset waaaaay back in like, U7) and 4303 in Steam. The vast majority of that time out of mission time was hanging around in relays or region chat, Helping people to the best of my ability. I'm also leader of a Storm Clan and a 15 clan Alliance who's main purpose is now and has always been to help people. I've spoken with several moderators, and members of DE Staff, and a whole long list of other stuff. I keep seeing a really low (to most vets) in-game time talked about, and I'm just curious why neither me, nor some of my friends (at least 15 of which are MR19s, also with 2k+ hours in-game, and Council Members, More than a couple are Moderators) haven't been given so much as an offer. It would just make sense to have some of the real old-school players in the Guides, so that they not only have a grasp of current game play, but a working knowledge of how the game has evolved in the past, Where it came from. I'm on a Minimum of 5 hours a day, every day. I have nothing left to do in the game, so Helping People is what I do, and what I will continue to do for a very long time to come, Guide or not. Please don't take this as bragging, or anything like it. I'm just genuinely curious as to the criteria that DE is looking for, If we don't fit the bill.

Edit: Spoken with Staff and Moderators about random other things, Never about the Guides. It would be in very poor taste indeed to beg for a spot.

*Note: This is not a recruitment thread. Please refrain from posting program invitation requests. Support tickets and PM requests to Staff and current Guides will not be considered. Many thanks!*

Q: Okay cool, so how exactly do I become a Guide?

A: DE staff will seek out helpful players that have a good reputation in-game and on the Forums. Invitation requests will not be considered.

If you meet the following Guide requirements an invitation will be sent to you on the Forums:

- You have at least a 500 hours of game-play logged (Steam hours are not attributed into overall count).

- You display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content.

- You are active on the official Warframe Forums and have no more than 1 warning points on your profile (30-Day temporary warning points will not count if they have expired). *Note: This is not a necessary requirement, but a solid reputation definitely helps!

Q: How often do you recruit new Guides?

A: 2-3 new Guides for PC and 1 each for XB1 and PS4 will be recruited each month (these numbers are subject to change as the program grows). Language specific Guides will be added as needed.

Q: Who decides who will become a Guide?

A: DE staff and Senior Guides determine who is qualified to join the Guides of the Lotus team.

*Note: This is not a recruitment thread. Please refrain from posting program invitation requests. Support tickets and PM requests to Staff and current Guides will not be considered. Many thanks!*

I was simply stating that my opinion comes from someone who is most certainly qualified. I apologize if it seemed as if i were inviting a request.

If this Guide thing is really ever going to take off, They will need A LOT more than a maximum of 3 a month for PC. Even 50 Guides wouldn't be quite enough for their presence to really be felt in a game this large. But, i guess DE has a much more extensive plan...they always do.

I was simply stating that my opinion comes from someone who is most certainly qualified. I apologize if it seemed as if i were inviting a request.

If this Guide thing is really ever going to take off, They will need A LOT more than a maximum of 3 a month for PC. Even 50 Guides wouldn't be quite enough for their presence to really be felt in a game this large. But, i guess DE has a much more extensive plan...they always do.

Well like it has been stated before this program is very new. They need to tweek all the bugs out before they add a lot of people. I mean if they just gave everyone that qualifies that right then if it doesn't work out there will be a lot of disappointed people imo.

Well like it has been stated before this program is very new. They need to tweek all the bugs out before they add a lot of people. I mean if they just gave everyone that qualifies that right then if it doesn't work out there will be a lot of disappointed people imo.

I kinda don't think so. I mean, i dont think a lot of people would be disappointed. Give like, 50 people a month Temporary GOTL Sigils and all that, Then just write a tiny script that tracks the basics of what those people do. It would become very quickly apparent who is really giving this their all and truly helping, and who are just wanting the power trip of being able to call themselves a Guide. It would show who is staying on long enough, if they are doing their time in the Relays, and other small stuff. Also with that many people, they could Police themselves. The ones who take it as serious as they should would be making sure that the other guides around them aren't abusing their power. If nothing else, It would give DE a very quick scale run of what its like to have a community that teaches itself officially. Anything that makes it easier for DE, Makes it easier for us too.

That being said....I'm just Theorycrafting, as usual. :)

my reason for posting this is I was reading many comments and did not see many with my exact idea so I figured I should post so people can get what are other peoples standpoint on this.

TBH: The sigil is not that grand... Its style would not clash well with many frames. (My thought)

TBH: I have like 1000+ hours and could still be rank 10, sry if i dont wanna level a AK-Lato. (Just how i feel)

TBH: I help a lot of new players all the time, and if what i spend most my time on warframe doing now.  :l

TBH: I'd very much dislike being a (Guides) just siting around in a place.... (personal preference)

OVERALL: I Think that unless it is made (Clear To Most New Players Who The Guides Are) and how they can help, this may take longer then expected for a practical and effective release if new players do not understand what they even are...

Edited by (PS4)avatar-heart

Personally, I wonder why I wasn't contacted about this. I have over 2500 hours in mission (Not steam, actual game play hours, 89d 15hr listed on my account, +370 i had before the stat reset waaaaay back in like, U7) and 4303 in Steam. The vast majority of that time out of mission time was hanging around in relays or region chat, Helping people to the best of my ability. I'm also leader of a Storm Clan and a 15 clan Alliance who's main purpose is now and has always been to help people. I've spoken with several moderators, and members of DE Staff, and a whole long list of other stuff. I keep seeing a really low (to most vets) in-game time talked about, and I'm just curious why neither me, nor some of my friends (at least 15 of which are MR19s, also with 2k+ hours in-game, and Council Members, More than a couple are Moderators) haven't been given so much as an offer. It would just make sense to have some of the real old-school players in the Guides, so that they not only have a grasp of current game play, but a working knowledge of how the game has evolved in the past, Where it came from. I'm on a Minimum of 5 hours a day, every day. I have nothing left to do in the game, so Helping People is what I do, and what I will continue to do for a very long time to come, Guide or not. Please don't take this as bragging, or anything like it. I'm just genuinely curious as to the criteria that DE is looking for, If we don't fit the bill.

Edit: Spoken with Staff and Moderators about random other things, Never about the Guides. It would be in very poor taste indeed to beg for a spot.

Just wait for a while and you'll find the doors open.Paitence is good.Console players got used to it from all the updates we get after PC.I don't know about PC though.

I kinda don't think so. I mean, i dont think a lot of people would be disappointed. Give like, 50 people a month Temporary GOTL Sigils and all that, Then just write a tiny script that tracks the basics of what those people do. It would become very quickly apparent who is really giving this their all and truly helping, and who are just wanting the power trip of being able to call themselves a Guide. It would show who is staying on long enough, if they are doing their time in the Relays, and other small stuff. Also with that many people, they could Police themselves. The ones who take it as serious as they should would be making sure that the other guides around them aren't abusing their power. If nothing else, It would give DE a very quick scale run of what its like to have a community that teaches itself officially. Anything that makes it easier for DE, Makes it easier for us too.

That being said....I'm just Theorycrafting, as usual. :)

I don't think you really understand what your asking there. 50 people a month would be total chaos. When that many people are given a type of "exclusive title/power", that causes a lot of trouble most of the time. DE and Senior Guides have to carefully select these Guides.

As stated previously, not everyone gets to join. Not everyone will meet the standards to become a Guide. If you just throw  50 new Junior Guides out there, as a trial and error, that just wouldn't work in the first place because it is a trial and error. DE doesn't deserve any screw ups here. These people represent DE and also have their total trust.

Secondly, do you know how hard it would be to track that many extra people a month? We are having a hard enough time as it is where we stay in touch.

Thirdly, Spartan Cook, this one is for your responses.

Us Junior Guides need to get the word to these newer players that don't know what Guides are, so that we can help them with any problems or questions they will have early on and later. I "advertise" that I am a Guide so that folks will recognize me (as well as the GOTL Sigil when I am in Relays) as someone that is there to purposely and effectively help others. I tell others to "PM me" so that there is no extra confusion from trolls in chat, and so I can more easily see who needs help and who is just trollin' me. Sure, it may be somewhat of a "pointless" program right now because it is small and relatively unknown, however, the differences I have made so far and all the players I have helped on a 1-to-1 level is insane. I personally can see the differences that even just I have made. The trolling really doesn't even bother me. All the "Thank you!" messages, the random questions, the people trolling, the very inappropriate language in chats and even the way that people just immediately recognize me now, whether that's a good or bad notification, is all part of the experience. I may be a single Junior Guide talking here, but all in all, I love this program because I love to help others. Sure it is small and maybe "pointless" in the eyes of some, but to me, it is a very great thing to have in the community. I do hope to see bigger and better things come out the program, whether that being me or other Juniors becoming Senior Guides in the program or just some kind of advancement in the progress of the program in general.

EDIT: Also, Spartan Cook, I guess you didn't know that you can use a USB keyboard and type on Warframe with it. I have no issues at all typing my messages. Controller typing is horrible.

Edited by (XB1)xXx STR1FE xXx

I don't think you really understand what your asking there. 50 people a month would be total chaos. When that many people are given a type of "exclusive title/power", that causes a lot of trouble most of the time. DE and Senior Guides have to carefully select these Guides.

Giving that many people a Title wouldn't be to horrible, as long as it was understood what was going on. No way would i suggest giving any of them any power at all, in the slightest, till they have proven their worth.

As stated previously, not everyone gets to join. Not everyone will meet the standards to become a Guide. If you just throw  50 new Junior Guides out there, as a trial and error, that just wouldn't work in the first place because it is a trial and error. DE doesn't deserve any screw ups here. These people represent DE and also have their total trust. 

Got me there, I didn't quite think of the "Representing DE" side of it. Very good point.

Secondly, do you know how hard it would be to track that many extra people a month? We are having a hard enough time as it is where we stay in touch.

It could be a lot easier than it seems. Plug a few names into a program that logs their gametime, relay time, and chats. Set it to alert on Keywords. It could literally be as easy as (Open Program)-(Check Alerts). With all the infinitely complex things DE and the Evolution Engine already does....I can't see how that could be difficult. Also, Do you realize how quickly that number would dwindle? Extremely fast, depending on how strict DE is on their Guide policies. However, I could be totally wrong there.

I follow this thread very closely and it seems a lot of players are missing the point. its not about becoming a guide or debating about how you get to be one. Im just a humble tenno here and I see the guides need help. Any guide that needs help on PS4  if you see me on  let me know I have no problems jumping in an helping. Doesn't matter if its in a relay or if you cant help someone run a mission or get a part to drop feel free tag me in.  There are countless tenno who like myself just want to help everyone out both guides and normal tenno. 

I got a cheap wireless logitech at Wally world.  The only problem I have is that there does not appear to be keyboard keystrokes to accomodate the "X" "Y" "A" "B" buttons.  I have forum posts on Xbox asking aboit this with no reply.  If I had these I would be able to chat without the controller.

Smartglass on my Ipad is also lacking as well as for some reason the "X" "Y" "A" "B" buttons do not appear to work in warframe all the time.  One perk on smartglass is that you can copy and paste as well.

P.S.  If this post gets much longer we are going to need to have Guides for the Guides of the Lotus...........

Edited by (XB1)SwagScapegoat

I got a cheap wireless logitech at Wally world.  The only problem I have is that there does not appear to be keyboard keystrokes to accomodate the "X" "Y" "A" "B" buttons.  I have forum posts on Xbox asking aboit this with no reply.  If I had these I would be able to chat without the controller.

Smartglass on my Ipad is also lacking as well as for some reason the "X" "Y" "A" "B" buttons do not appear to work in warframe all the time.  One perk on smartglass is that you can copy and paste as well.

P.S.  If this post gets much longer we are going to need to have Guides for the Guides of the Lotus...........

Your job isn't difficult. It's optional and taking a break won't get you kicked out of it. I work around the clock to reply to people on the Xbox Bug forums but I've freely left the community for two months and nobody batted an eye, in fact people came to help in my absence.

You'll be fine, and you shouldn't feel obligated to sign on, or even go to the relay.

Your job isn't difficult. It's optional and taking a break won't get you kicked out of it. I work around the clock to reply to people on the Xbox Bug forums but I've freely left the community for two months and nobody batted an eye, in fact people came to help in my absence.

You'll be fine, and you shouldn't feel obligated to sign on, or even go to the relay.

Spartan's correct, others are there and offer help.  I just did.

This same topic came up early on in this thread, and I feel my old response is just as relevant to here as it had been back then.

It seems less so you are finding arguments against the system and more so you do not understand it in your personal perspective.

That's totally fine. The Guides are not for everyone, nor will everyone need these guides.

Who does need these guides are those MR0 players, just starting out, and becoming shunned in chat for asking simple questions and receiving troll-like responses. I see it everyday, living the system, as a mod and a guide.

It's incredibly frustrating for these players. Sure, they may get the oddball reply that answers their question, or, even better yet, they get recruited into a helpful group of people.

This isn't the case for everybody, not even close. The majority may ask in the chat for several minutes, hours even, and receive no sort of reply.

A Guide is a player dedicated to these individuals. A Guide is someone that you know you can contact, without fear of shunning, and get an accurate and helpful response.

The Guides are not here for glory. They're here to help that player who's straggling behind, and keep the chats in-line. They're ComMods, but for the game, and not the forums. It's order in chaos where a new player has no idea what of the 4 different responses they receive is the correct one.

If you find no point in the system, that's totally fine. You have no obligation to participate in any form. If you're helping players outside the program, all the power to you.

(...)

The Guides are not here for glory. They're here to help that player who's straggling behind, and keep the chats in-line. They're ComMods, but for the game, and not the forums. It's order in chaos where a new player has no idea what of the 4 different responses they receive is the correct one.

Im not quite sure about that....Helping people is a pretty glorious thing, at least it is to me. Just seeing a person thats doing really well, knowing that i'm a big part of that....Its the best feeling in the game. Your point is totally made though :)

I believe this thread is getting a bit too far off topic. This is a FAQ page about the GOTL. Lets please keep it that way.

It's a conversation about GoTL. Everything here is off topic because it's not a FAQ, then.

New advertisement for loading screen that may help.

"Guides of the Lotus answer questions about Warframe, Look for the Purple Lotus sygil on players in [insert appropriate Relay here]."

Tenno Councilor LP(not 1 but :p)

Short., sweet and to the point.

That's too easy to miss, by everyone, no one reads hints in this age. A proper way is to just get lotus to send an inbox to every player that explains the GoTL, and then after that new players will receive the same message from the Lotus once they are eligible to go into a Relay. I feel like new players would read out an inbox message rather than a hint in between loading screens.

It's a conversation about GoTL. Everything here is off topic because it's not a FAQ, then.

That's too easy to miss, by everyone, no one reads hints in this age. A proper way is to just get lotus to send an inbox to every player that explains the GoTL, and then after that new players will receive the same message from the Lotus once they are eligible to go into a Relay. I feel like new players would read out an inbox message rather than a hint in between loading screens.

I agree that there should be an Inbox message about Guides of the Lotus, but without reminders on a loading screen or advertisements from the Guides of the Lotus themselves, how many people would remember what the message said?

I can guarentee that 99% of most players dont read a message from the Lotus. They look to see if it has loot then delete it.

The topic is about Frequently Asked Questions about the Guides of the Lotus program. 

How many haters does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one, but it takes 6 trolls to try and convince everyone else that the bulb needs to get changed even though it hasn't burnt out.                                                                  

The only people that have a problem with Guides are those that have a problem with authority, or you have had action taken against you and you didn't learn your lesson because you didn't follow the code of conduct. Stop whining about it and take your punishment like an adult, and not like a 4 year old child. If you have a problem with authority, go into a public place and break the rules and see what happens. Communities need rules, just so happens guides are the biggest enforcers of those rules. They help the community in more ways than just answering questions and helping new players with quests, they also help by removing undesireables like trolls, spammers, cursing people that clearly don't have much of a vocabulary, and online bullies. Learn it, Accept it, and Leave it as things are and stop trying to change a good thing into a bad thing.

Edited by (XB1)Unholy Trojan

How many haters does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one, but it takes 6 trolls to try and convince everyone else that the bulb needs to get changed even though it hasn't burnt out.                                                                  

The only people that have a problem with Guides are those that have a problem with authority, or you have had action taken against you and you didn't learn your lesson because you didn't follow the code of conduct. Stop whining about it and take your punishment like an adult, and not like a 4 year old child. If you have a problem with authority, go into a public place and break the rules and see what happens. Communities need rules, just so happens guides are the biggest enforcers of those rules. They help the community in more ways than just answering questions and helping new players with quests, they also help by removing undesireables like trolls, spammers, cursing people that clearly don't have much of a vocabulary, and online bullies. Learn it, Accept it, and Leave it as things are and stop trying to change a good thing into a bad thing.

Ok, granted, I may have only skimmed over the last 5 pages of this post or so...But I don't recall seeing anyone hating on the guides, or what they do...

Correct me if im wrong, but that doesn't at all seem to be what any of this is about. Personally I'm totally in favor of the whole program, i'm just offering my input.

Na

Ok, granted, I may have only skimmed over the last 5 pages of this post or so...But I don't recall seeing anyone hating on the guides, or what they do...
Correct me if im wrong, but that doesn't at all seem to be what any of this is about. Personally I'm totally in favor of the whole program, i'm just offering my input.

There are haters here, just because you aren't complaining and you're in favour of it, doesn't mean other people are. There are a few haters in this Forum, even more on the Relays.

It seems like some people don't understand the goal of this thread, the goal is to propose improvements regarding the program, and also to ask questions if you have doubts, not to debate arround the program for saying it is pointless, the program is new, so, yes it needs upgrades and improvements, but actually, this topic is going too far from the man goal of this topic.

By the way, I agree witht the idea to put an inbox message to all players and new player, with a list of the acutal GotL, sorted out by their servers and laguages, which could be modifed for include new recruits/seniors, too many people are unaware of our existence, this program exists since a month, but not even 3% of the players are aware of us.

Edited by (PS4)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr