Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

I am away from my pc right now( my 10 vacatoin days on the year) and I would love to enter the program, but I can check how much hours I have played in my profile, there is any way to check this info outside the in game profile???

Tell you what I will add you as a friend, and check your profile to let you know how many hours have. I will send the info in PM to your forum account

Edited by Drasiel

Well thats...creepy.

The Guides offer advice on more than just raids and don't need to have tackled that content to be qualified to explain modding, damage types, companions, quests, planet progression - anything related to the game that's nor just raids.

I agree that it's creepy...I searched my username and see twenty-five of the Raids I've done thus far... I didn't agree to this, and I honestly feel it's a bit of a violation of what little privacy I have in Warframe in terms of what I do—why do people need to be able to see how many Raids I've done, how long they took, and where I failed??? Not only this, but I just noticed that you can see the currently going Raids and everyone in them. That's...concerning.

I will admit, though, this here does make me chuckle

b38jtTd.png

Even though I've done more normal LoRs, the fact that my time is better is amusing

Extensive =/= complete.

Complete seems to be what you're looking for.

I've gotta agree with Noa on this one; no one can possibly have complete knowledge of anything. Especially of a game such as Warframe, so big with so many vastly different occurrences, both intentional and glitches, in which you can't possibly know it all. To say that Guides need to have complete knowledge of the game...you're demanding the impossible. GotL are only human. They still have things to learn about the game, even though someone may think they know everything—they don't. No single player knows absolutely everything, and to say that people need complete knowledge of the game, rather than extensive, as is being asked...would you be a tad annoyed if you were dismissed from becoming a Guide because you didn't know a handful of non-essential things?

Edited by NavyBluePanda

Can you imagine the work to reply a couple of thousands of applications? Maybe 20k for i.e.

they're going to look over the applications , so just adding a few words wouldn't hurt....

At least to players who request it like me , I really want to know where I can 'correct' myself if I wouldn't be accepted.

Well if you don't meet requirements said at the first page... you should know, but if you meet all requirements ( like me)  and still get denied.

Then, I at least want to know why :3.

But a program could auto extract names for each system and send a message, for the comments they can do that while they review it, it could be complicated but it can also be rather simple

This bassicly.

The only problem you will be facing is that it is a google form and it will be quite hard to extract every single name.

But it's possible never the less .

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

With the amount of applications we tend to get, it would be impossible for us to send a personalized notice to every single person as to why we didnt choose them.  Since we are doing this through google docs we also dont have a way to auto notify you if you got in/rejected, everything we do, we have to do manually.

With the amount of applications we tend to get, it would be impossible for us to send a personalized notice to every single person as to why we didnt choose them.  Since we are doing this through google docs we also dont have a way to auto notify you if you got in/rejected, everything we do, we have to do manually.

thanks for the reply :3 . I'm a perfectionist (in some ways) I just want to reason IF I get rejected . I hope not though....

I don't want the long wait again just to end in confusion and slight depression

It would be nice to know ASAP, instead of waiting on pins and needles.  But, it's probably easier on DE, the Com Mods and (I'm assuming) the senior Guides to do it all in one go. : / 

they're going to look over the applications , so just adding a few words wouldn't hurt....

At least to players who request it like me , I really want to know where I can 'correct' myself if I wouldn't be accepted.

Well if you don't meet requirements said at the first page... you should know, but if you meet all requirements ( like me)  and still get denied.

Then, I at least want to know why :3.

This bassicly.

The only problem you will be facing is that it is a google form and it will be quite hard to extract every single name.

But it's possible never the less .

To build off of what Clinton had already posted, I can see creating a simple enough automaton script to extract all usernames, remove the usernames of those invited, and (possibly) tag on comments that we may have left. 

It won't be the easiest thing in the world. It would be accurate but not perfect, and it would take a lot of time to actually set up. That's a lot of data to extract. 

Another automaton script would then need to PM everyone in the forums who applied. And now we run into a lot of issues. Everyone who spelled their name incorrectly would break the automation script. Everyone who doesn't have a forum account would break the automation script. That ends up with us having to manually check every name by cross-referencing their forum profile, and, at that point, what's the point of the script?

Besides this, we rarely ever reject people. We accept people from a list of applicants that we try to find the best fit for what we need. The 'rejection reason' may be no reason at all. We just filled up on applicants and had to pass over their application. When that happens, we don't tend to delve too deeply in their profile and histories. We could say 'we filled up on applicants', but there may be reasons why we wouldn't accept this individual that we didn't get to discover. That's a huge consistency error.

There are just far too many issues in automating a 'sorry, we don't want you because X' system.

To build off of what Clinton had already posted, I can see creating a simple enough automaton script to extract all usernames, remove the usernames of those invited, and (possibly) tag on comments that we may have left. 

It won't be the easiest thing in the world. It would be accurate but not perfect, and it would take a lot of time to actually set up. That's a lot of data to extract. 

Another automaton script would then need to PM everyone in the forums who applied. And now we run into a lot of issues. Everyone who spelled their name incorrectly would break the automation script. Everyone who doesn't have a forum account would break the automation script. That ends up with us having to manually check every name by cross-referencing their forum profile, and, at that point, what's the point of the script?

Besides this, we rarely ever reject people. We accept people from a list of applicants that we try to find the best fit for what we need. The 'rejection reason' may be no reason at all. We just filled up on applicants and had to pass over their application. When that happens, we don't tend to delve too deeply in their profile and histories. We could say 'we filled up on applicants', but there may be reasons why we wouldn't accept this individual that we didn't get to discover. That's a huge consistency error.

There are just far too many issues in automating a 'sorry, we don't want you because X' system.

yeah already saw that coming though... It was just a suggestion... anyway I already thought of what problems you would run into with this idea and you basicly stated them above. Well thanks anyway. Unless we can forward/pause time somethings just aren't achievable. Well im already very glad to know the program was even started in the first place and giving the change for players like me to join. And I respect all , that are now looking through the dozens and dozens of applications.

ty for replying btw : Devoid and Master4733.

yeah already saw that coming though... It was just a suggestion... anyway I already thought of what problems you would run into with this idea and you basicly stated them above. Well thanks anyway. Unless we can forward/pause time somethings just aren't achievable. Well im already very glad to know the program was even started in the first place and giving the change for players like me to join. And I respect all , that are now looking through the dozens and dozens of applications.

ty for replying btw : Devoid and Master4733.

I don't feel like I did anythingXD, I helped explain/create a suggestion

Thank you for the thank you though

Edited by (XB1)Master4733

I meet the requirements except I don't use forums I usually talk in game. Plus I've been helping five new tenno who just started when they get online. So after reading all these comments I can just be in the Strata relay kind of like a Guide of the Lotus and help new people and apply but if I am not recruited I can still do the same thing and apply next time.

I meet the requirements except I don't use forums I usually talk in game. Plus I've been helping five new tenno who just started when they get online. So after reading all these comments I can just be in the Strata relay kind of like a Guide of the Lotus and help new people and apply but if I am not recruited I can still do the same thing and apply next time.

if that's a question, you are right, you can just be ingame helping ppl, no Forum posting needed

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Er... *ahem* From what I've seen, Oceania needs more Guides; there aren't too many, and it's great to see people from the OCE region actually getting into the Guide program—I haven't personally seen much interest from OCE players in becoming Guides. Good luck to you, and if you're not chosen this time, good luck to you next time!

Edited by NavyBluePanda

Just one question that no one could answer for me untill now: why everytime I enter a relay it is always empty of players, even when Baroo arives and ppl said that there are dozens of players there it is just me and the NPCs...

Game set for puplic of course.

Just one question that no one could answer for me untill now: why everytime I enter a relay it is always empty of players, even when Baroo arives and ppl said that there are dozens of players there it is just me and the NPCs...

Game set for puplic of course.

when baroo comes usualy warframe gets flooded so the game tends to lagg and thank god makes relays empty for you.

Edited by smileyboss

when baroo comes usualy warframe gets flooded so the game tends to lagg and thank god makes relays empty for you.

Every time I enter it is empty I made some test with friends( ot freind??? Not sure now) there and I am always alone... it is fun but weird

Every time I enter it is empty I made some test with friends( ot freind??? Not sure now) there and I am always alone... it is fun but weird

Try to reset or check the following: your region, your pings..... And also there's a sub-forum for this, it's sadly not here but at the players helping players (we are there but not in this thread) or PC bug if you find no solution to the problem.

This thread is for the GOTL FAQ. Thank you. :)

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur