Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1.0 Vs 2.0 ( An Ode To Parkour )

PookieNumnums

i wasnt too happy with the look of the upcoming changes to the parkour system coming in warframe.

here is me using parkour 1.0 (it felt like some changes had already been applied. frame felt slower and less responsive)

heres a link to the devstream portion showing parkour 2.0

https://youtu.be/6mE63WI5byg?t=27m52s

if it turns out to be small jumps and space bar mashing i dunno what im going to do....

edit: i went ahead and posted all the parkour clips i have from my youtube channel here to pay homage to parkour 1.0 as well as show off what im going to miss and more than just that one void room XD

Edited by PookieNumnums

Parkour 2.0 looks like it is gonna be a lot slower paced which is a huge bummer for me. I love chaining together wall sling shots.

All they need to do I feel is just nerf coptering and air attacks slightly, remove stamina, and make tilesets with parkour in mind.

Edited by Rakshal

I'm pretty sure they said it's the same way it is now, but you hop along walls instead of train tracking them.

did you watch the video? its about connecting to the walls you want to in the way that you want to. not about wall running.

Now try that without the Tipedo. 

ok sure. should i use daggers, hatchets, swords? 

btw there is no speed mods on my frame and only fury on tipedo.. maybe.. not sure if i put it back on after taking it off because its really not necessary for any of this since its all pretty close quarters excluding the first part, those jumps require some speed.

i dont see how with or without any weapon in particular means more or less valid / fun

Placebo effect is real.

i asked around and more than just me felt like things were different. perhaps its multiple placebo, but considering i do much of this everyday, id say yah it felt different.

Not really sure what you're trying to point out there. 

the fluidity of movement, speed, and ability to go where i want and the lack of a need for double jumps

vs

mashing space bar and getting little to no return on it.

Parkour 2.0 looks like it is gonna be a lot slower paced which is a huge bummer for me. I chaining together wall sling shots.

All they need to do I feel is just nerf coptering and air attacks slightly, remove stamina, and make tilesets with parkour in mind.

well said. i totally agree.

Edited by PookieNumnums

Death to melee attack and coptering abuse!

It is easy to Parkour 1.0 against walls in empty rooms. But is Parkour 1.0 still relevant against enemies that shoot at you, swarms of Infested and you aren't armed with God-Tier overleveled weapons?

here is me using parkour 1.0 (it felt like some changes had already been applied. frame felt slower and less responsive)

Placebo effect is real.

I was just thinking that. Like, really? No changes have been made. At all. You're just throwing an internal hissy fit & letting it effect your brain. 

ok sure. should i use daggers, hatchets, swords? 

btw there is no speed mods on my frame and only fury on tipedo.. maybe.. not sure if i put it back on after taking it off because its really not necessary for any of this since its all pretty close quarters excluding the first part, those jumps require some speed.

i dont see how with or without any weapon in particular means more or less valid / fun

The point is to not use melee. Parkour should be done with our bodies, not with our melee weapons. 

i asked around and more than just me felt like things were different. perhaps its multiple placebo, but considering i do much of this everyday, id say yah it felt different.

No changes have been made yet. What you have is a bunch of people who are looking at parkour in a highly analytic way and are noticing things that they didn't before. You're being super critical because of it.

On a more on-topic note, I think the thing to recognize is that part of the point of parkour 2.0 (seemingly) has a lot to do with making it viable across more flexible areas. Your video is pretty good, but it kind of unwittingly highlights the problem: the current parkour system is only viable in a narrow range of geometry. The updated version is much more flexible and, from what has been said, will maintain the current merits of the existing system while having it being applicable across a broader range of configurations.

What we're seeing in the videos is more-or-less a highlight of that flexibility. We haven't really seen in what ways it maintains the old system yet, probably because the team is more focused on the new aspects than the old ones.

Parkour 2.0 looks amazing having to equip a set few weapons and copter just to keep up with your team is really dumb right now and is probably the number one complaint i have had new people tell me is i that they cannot keep up and everything is far to quick.  I love the wall latch its very cool and looks very ninja as opposed to coptering. 

I was just thinking that. Like, really? No changes have been made. At all. You're just throwing an internal hissy fit & letting it effect your brain. 

did you forget we had a fix/update yesterday? i didnt say between then and now. dont make assumptions and come up in my house all rootytooty :P

Death to melee attack and coptering abuse!

It is easy to Parkour 1.0 against walls in empty rooms. But is Parkour 1.0 still relevant against enemies that shoot at you, swarms of Infested and you aren't armed with God-Tier overleveled weapons?

do you think double jump and wall cling is going to stop enemies from shooting you? youll be playing the same way you are now when it comes to those swarms of enemies. jumping off of them isnt going to kill them and youll probably get 'get over here'd' or 'poof i sploded'd' out of your enemy to enemy head hops. 

The point is to not use melee. Parkour should be done with our bodies, not with our melee weapons. 

then make copter not use melee and add doublejump to the current system, and the wall cling. mmm. cling.

No changes have been made yet. What you have is a bunch of people who are looking at parkour in a highly analytic way and are noticing things that they didn't before. You're being super critical because of it.

On a more on-topic note, I think the thing to recognize is that part of the point of parkour 2.0 (seemingly) has a lot to do with making it viable across more flexible areas. Your video is pretty good, but it kind of unwittingly highlights the problem: the current parkour system is only viable in a narrow range of geometry. The updated version is much more flexible and, from what has been said, will maintain the current merits of the existing system while having it being applicable across a broader range of configurations.

What we're seeing in the videos is more-or-less a highlight of that flexibility. We haven't really seen in what ways it maintains the old system yet, probably because the team is more focused on the new aspects than the old ones.

viable in a narrow range of geometry? what do you mean. a room with walls? cuz thats where i use it....  

the only way ill completely accept it as an improvement is if they bring back bunny ears permanently.

Parkour 2.0 looks amazing having to equip a set few weapons and copter just to keep up with your team is really dumb right now and is probably the number one complaint i have had new people tell me is i that they cannot keep up and everything is far to quick.  I love the wall latch its very cool and looks very ninja as opposed to coptering. 

did you see me trying to keep up with anyone? i play like this all the time. constantly. even when alone, as in the video. i use explosives too which work really well with my high flying playstyle. the people who cant keep up need to put crouch on mouse thumb and learn to slide jump, wall launch, and all of the basic 'im ninja because i can' routes.

This new system will make all melee viable when it comes to movement. It will make scaling feel alot smoother and less clunky. More control while airbound instead of stuck falling and forced to roll into a hole that deactivates your power or something.

uh.. i would describe what i saw of pk 2.0 today as clunky. thats the perfect word for it.

Edited by PookieNumnums

i like parkour 2.0. but in one or two parts or your video you coptered so those are bad examples to compare parkour 1 and 2. coptering is being removed and for good reasons.

youre pointing out my point but getting it.

directional air melee can replace anywhere ive used copter in the videos, but both coptering and directional air melee are getting capped in both distance and speed. how then will i do all of this? double jump? maybe, but its quite slow and doesnt feel fluid. not to mention all of the spacebar mashing its going to take... 

did you forget we had a fix/update yesterday? i didnt say between then and now. dont make assumptions and come up in my house all rootytooty :P

Well I guess the question is do you think DE secretly changed the entire speed and momentum system in 16.10.0 or 16.10.1 without making any mention of it whatsoever in the patch notes while knowing full well that the entire community is freaking out about the potential removal of coptering. 

I use my tin foil for cooking, not headgear.

People think they are noticing it because people are thinking about it.  Parkour hasn't changed in the last 2 days, it's always been like that. Maybe that's a good highlight that it needs to change if you think what we have feels slow after watching the devstream

Edited by Gelkor

youre pointing out my point but getting it.

directional air melee can replace anywhere ive used copter in the videos, but both coptering and directional air melee are getting capped in both distance and speed. how then will i do all of this? double jump? maybe, but its quite slow and doesnt feel fluid. not to mention all of the spacebar mashing its going to take... 

Coptering turn the tenno into SR-71 and not ninja. The demo they showed off made it seem very easy to get anywhere to me.

Copter ing is used for killing, not movement.

Worrying about how enemies can still hit you? Okay, I'm confident that you're weapon-dependent.

Stop saying 2.0 is bad if you used coptering in your vids. It just proved that we NEED 2.0

So you're telling me that not only did they push something to live that wasn't in the patch notes (which, fair enough, has happened but only a handful of times in 2 years), but they released a patch that made frames slower & less responsive? Is that what you're trying to tell me right now? 

Like, why would they even put that in a patch? That makes 0 sense. Parkour is exactly the same. You & the imaginary people you asked need to suck it up & prepare your buns for Parkour 2.0. lol

the pride you have in your video just highlights why parkour 1.0 needs to be changed. Those fancy moves, and "tough to reach" places you got yourself to will be much easier to access without the advanced gymnastics you show in your video.

We shouldnt have to fight the system or become highly skilled to do those simple maneuvers.